Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion) - Page 75

post #1111 of 1965

Have someone paired the F with the XBA-4 ? Any advice on this combo ? Many thanks in advance smile.gif

post #1112 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1a8 View Post

The RMAA tests can be downloaded here:
https://rapidshare.com/files/651317586/Sony%20rmaa%20tests.zip

I tested the Sony NWZ-F806, S545, and A845 (japanese), I used the V-mode m80 as a load and the Fiio e11 portable amp.
Half the tests were line out and the other half was with the headphone jack.

To access the files you must download and install rmaa and use it to open the files.

Here's my findings...
Could you try those without the FiiO?


I got the software update notification today. I haven't tried applying it yet though...
post #1113 of 1965

After a successful upgrade to the new firmware, stock audio player 3 times hung. Previous never freezes for 2-month use. It's sad. frown.gif

post #1114 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migou67 View Post

Have someone paired the F with the XBA-4 ? Any advice on this combo ? Many thanks inadvance smile.gif

I use this combo. It sounds excellent. However, the bass might be a little less compared to a dynamic driver. However, no frets as you will still get the 'sub-bass' Sony prizes on with the xba-4. One tip, if you love electronic i.e. owl city, this combo sounds perfect.
post #1115 of 1965

yes i have the same problem and when i listen to an album in flac format it takes a lot of time to beguin playing the track and sometimes it comes with this " Error     Yhe application will quit because an error occurred. Im mp3 there is no problem.

About the sound quality it is worse than before there is less bass and the mid amd high range is more intense. I wonder if Sony correct this issue soon, if not i will ask them for a refund or a change of the unit. The problems i describe is olny for the stock player.

I'm from Portugal

Does anyone know a way to roll back to the prior firmware?

post #1116 of 1965
The reason to pick Sony for the Megabass sound. F806 extremely lacking in bass, even with sennheiser ie8 huge bass IEM,

I got in my hand got two Sony Dap: f806 and S739. S739 I can listen continuesly >5 hours for it super dream quantity and quality of bass and more real vocal sound, especially classical.

F806 better musical separation and very details sound, mayb good for electronic kind songs, My ear get tired with it after say one hour. Some track suffering distortion in bass and treble, though new firmware seems fixed some distortion but bass quantity and quality just not there, even worst when I listen with it outdoor.....
post #1117 of 1965

check the model no.

 

Photobucket


Edited by alexlow - 12/8/12 at 7:26am
post #1118 of 1965
I have NW-F800series
So how should I update?
Thank you Alex
post #1119 of 1965
Thread Starter 

Speaking of bass, I don't find it lacking at all. It's right about on par with my X1060, and that one had as good of bass (or better) than my old A829. With the F, in comparison to the X, it's perhaps just a touch less extended, but probably more fast and tight. I don't find it do be anything remotely close to a large difference either. We're talking subtleties.

 

I would agree though that maybe it's not a true basshead's dream DAP (one who likes to add in tons of bass kick), especially with the new update. The way Clear Bass works now on the stock player is much more subtle. Even at +10 it's not nearly as huge and full as the older Clear Bass at maximum of +3. It's more subtle now, with each level being hardly distinguishable. Even at 10 it's probably like being somewhere between 2 and 3 on the older Clear Bass adjustment.

 

Now with the treble, it's definitely clearer, and the soundstage is noticeably larger, so you get a sense of more layering and better specific instrument placement. At the same time I don't find the bump in treble and detail to come at the expense of harshness at all. Fatiguing is not how I'd describe this player, that's for sure.


Edited by cn11 - 12/8/12 at 7:48am
post #1120 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by musictang View Post

The reason to pick Sony for the Megabass sound. F806 extremely lacking in bass, even with sennheiser ie8 huge bass IEM,
I got in my hand got two Sony Dap: f806 and S739. S739 I can listen continuesly >5 hours for it super dream quantity and quality of bass and more real vocal sound, especially classical.
F806 better musical separation and very details sound, mayb good for electronic kind songs, My ear get tired with it after say one hour. Some track suffering distortion in bass and treble, though new firmware seems fixed some distortion but bass quantity and quality just not there, even worst when I listen with it outdoor.....

 

Agree with cn11, this player has enough quantity and great quality of bass. Anymore and it will affect the mid/high

 

Real vocal sound? And for classical musics? I'd suggest you replace your IE8 before blaming it more on the F

 

I also fails to grasp any distortions paired with my K3003

post #1121 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarko2 View Post


I use this combo. It sounds excellent. However, the bass might be a little less compared to a dynamic driver. However, no frets as you will still get the 'sub-bass' Sony prizes on with the xba-4. One tip, if you love electronic i.e. owl city, this combo sounds perfect.

 

Nice to know, their are the cheaper quad drivers and they're tempting ...

post #1122 of 1965

I was trying to update my F807 using X-application , and after the download this message pops, anyone knows what it means?

 

1000

post #1123 of 1965

"The downloaded file is incorrect, the update will be cancelled"

post #1124 of 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by etherlite View Post

"The downloaded file is incorrect, the update will be cancelled"

Hi

 

I had made the update but i don't like it, the player says it has a error and the aplication will close, and flac track has a waiting time about 7 seconds to beguin.

Do you know if there's a way to roll back to previous tage before upgrading?

Thanks

post #1125 of 1965

Hi Croqui,

 

The official Sony website says that once you decide to update your device, there is no possible step backward.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions / discussion)