Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) - Page 34

post #496 of 2052


http://www.audio-gd.com/Master/Master-7/M7EN_Use.htm

Here is the connector pinout of Audio-GD i2s interface:

3.3V level .
Pin 1 : SDATA
Pin 3 : LRCK
Pin 5 : SCLK
Pin 7 : MCLK
Pin 2,4,6,8 GND

http://www.empiricalaudio.com/products/off-ramp-converter

And there you can find off-ramp's i2s pinout. By default its 5V, you need order optional 3.3V

Pin 1 - SCLK
Pin 2 - SCLK return
Pin 3 - SDATA
Pin 4 - SDATA return
Pin 5 - L/RCLK
Pin 6 - L/RCLK return
Pin 7 - MCLK
Pin 8 - MCLK return

So they are different. But i think there is an opportunity to order custom-made i2s cable =)

P.S. I'm going to use Sotm tx-usbexp with Berkeley Alpha USB.


Edited by carmagff - 7/1/13 at 2:06am
post #497 of 2052
Hey brookshire, just write to Audio-gd with your request. I did the same thing , I asked them to configure the RJ45 input so that it matches the Off ramps I2S output. They configured it accordingly and now Iam waiting for the off ramp 6 to come out so i can hook it up with the master 7. Cheers
post #498 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneep View Post

Hey brookshire, just write to Audio-gd with your request. I did the same thing , I asked them to configure the RJ45 input so that it matches the Off ramps I2S output. They configured it accordingly and now Iam waiting for the off ramp 6 to come out so i can hook it up with the master 7. Cheers

Do you know whether there'll be the compatibility between sotm tx-usbexp & off-ramp 6? Or its again based on M2Tech Hiface v1 interface?


Edited by carmagff - 7/1/13 at 5:04am
post #499 of 2052

Aneep - Sounds like you have Audio-gd made I2S pin compatible for OR5 but have not actually connected them.  I think that pin compatibility is one thing but how well the I2S transmission would work between the two is another.  Because the signal level is only 3.3V CMOS TTL, the impedance compatibility may be also important.  After all, the I2S is a circuit board level transmission protocol. 

 

So the question remains... Is there anyone who actually used Off-Ramp5 to drive Master 7 DAC on I2S?  Please share your experience.

 

Thanks!

post #500 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneep View Post

Hey brookshire, just write to Audio-gd with your request. I did the same thing , I asked them to configure the RJ45 input so that it matches the Off ramps I2S output. They configured it accordingly and now Iam waiting for the off ramp 6 to come out so i can hook it up with the master 7. Cheers

 

 

Ha ha  ha  - Exact same thing here..  biggrin.gif

 

Just make sure you have a plan B in case his price gets crazy. 


Edited by preproman - 7/1/13 at 12:13pm
post #501 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmagff View Post

Do you know whether there'll be the compatibility between sotm tx-usbexp & off-ramp 6? Or its again based on M2Tech Hiface v1 interface?

 

OR6 will be based on XMOS "IIRC".

 

Are you talking about the SOtM PCIe USB card??   If so,  I don't see why it would be any issues..

post #502 of 2052
Sooo many people have issues with sotm usb card drivers, at least last time I checked on CA forums.
Edited by drez - 7/1/13 at 8:48pm
post #503 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post

Sooo many people have issues with sotm usb card drivers, at least last time I checked on CA forums.

 

I'm on CA as well.  I'll look into it.  I haven't seen many issues thou.

post #504 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

I'm on CA as well.  I'll look into it.  I haven't seen many issues thou.

I'm also on CA, but the area where the driver issues come up is the incompatibility with the HiFace chipset. So anyone who outsources that part, and a lot of companies do, have a problem. But that was only for V1 HiFaces, the new HiFace chipset handshakes ok, but they're also not in their hay-day anymore, so not as many companies are using it. In the end, look for "uses HiFace USB->I2s conversion", if the DAC/USB->_____ says that, then it won't work with the SOtM USB boards. 

 

Beyond that I haven't really heard of SOtM issues. I don't have the card yet myself, but it's definitely on my 'to-buy' list. 

post #505 of 2052

Hello all!

This is my first post here in HF. I currently own a Audio GD DAC (Ref 7.1). I am now going to add a Mac Mini to my system in the next week or so, but my DAC does not have a USB input. I have a DI V2 (I think) that has a USB input SPDIF output. Could I use that DI as the "switchover" so I can still use the Ref7.1? Also would there be any loss in SQ by using the DI?

How do you get in touch with Audio GD? I'm in Southern California and I’ve tried several times to email audio-gd@126.com & audio-gd@vip.163.com, but I never get a response. I am considering replacing my REF 7.1 with the Master 7, but can't get anyone to email me back.

Does anyone have a better way of contacting AGD?

post #506 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heynow View Post

Hello all!

This is my first post here in HF. I currently own a Audio GD DAC (Ref 7.1). I am now going to add a Mac Mini to my system in the next week or so, but my DAC does not have a USB input. I have a DI V2 (I think) that has a USB input SPDIF output. Could I use that DI as the "switchover" so I can still use the Ref7.1? Also would there be any loss in SQ by using the DI?

How do you get in touch with Audio GD? I'm in Southern California and I’ve tried several times to email audio-gd@126.com & audio-gd@vip.163.com, but I never get a response. I am considering replacing my REF 7.1 with the Master 7, but can't get anyone to email me back.

Does anyone have a better way of contacting AGD?


Hmm, thats weird, I've never had them not repsond. Maybe its a holiday or something? you could try kingwa's email as well king-wa@hotmail.com

post #507 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heynow View Post

Hello all!

This is my first post here in HF. I currently own a Audio GD DAC (Ref 7.1). I am now going to add a Mac Mini to my system in the next week or so, but my DAC does not have a USB input. I have a DI V2 (I think) that has a USB input SPDIF output. Could I use that DI as the "switchover" so I can still use the Ref7.1? Also would there be any loss in SQ by using the DI?

How do you get in touch with Audio GD? I'm in Southern California and I’ve tried several times to email audio-gd@126.com & audio-gd@vip.163.com, but I never get a response. I am considering replacing my REF 7.1 with the Master 7, but can't get anyone to email me back.

Does anyone have a better way of contacting AGD?

 

You should get an automatic confirmation email ("Thank you for contacting Audio GD....") within a minute or two of emailing them.

 

If you're not getting the automatic reply then most likely they didn't get your email for one reason or another.

post #508 of 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heynow View Post

Hello all!

This is my first post here in HF. I currently own a Audio GD DAC (Ref 7.1). I am now going to add a Mac Mini to my system in the next week or so, but my DAC does not have a USB input. I have a DI V2 (I think) that has a USB input SPDIF output. Could I use that DI as the "switchover" so I can still use the Ref7.1? Also would there be any loss in SQ by using the DI?

You can use the DI-V2 if you download and install the TE8802 driver V1.2 from the Audio-gd site

You can then compare the SQ to the optical output from the Mac Mini or any other spdif output you may have

post #509 of 2052
If you want to upgrade from Ref 7.1 to Master 7, then you may consider just buying an upgrade kit from Audio-gd. This will of course imply some DIY work, but - as far as I have read in earlier posts in this thread - not a difficult job.

I have the Ref 7.1 myself and asked Kingwa about it and got a price, but so far I haven't jumped for it.
post #510 of 2052

Thanks SoupRknowva; I used the email you gave me. Now I just hope I get a reply :-)

 

Tom W - I must have been doing something wrong 'cause I didn't get a auto conformation email after sending my message.

 

I019791 - I dont think the new Mac Mini's come with an optical out any longer, but I could be wrong. I went to the AGD site, but I only see a TE8802 driver V1.0 and a TE8802 driver V1.1 for Mac systems. Should I be looking in a different place?

 

 

Thanks again you-all

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704)