Waiting for your impressions! :3
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: Audio-gd Master 2 Last post on 10/8/13 at 7:33am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- FT: Audio-GD 3.2 for other USB DACs Last post on 9/20/13 at 3:36pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Audio GD Master Master 1 Last post on 8/13/13 at 4:26pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- WTB: Audio-GD Master 7 Last post on 8/11/13 at 10:54pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Audio-GD Master 1 / Master 3 combo Pre Amp and Power Amp Last post on 7/24/13 at 8:47pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) - Page 107post #1591 of 36123/26/14 at 12:19pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1592 of 36123/26/14 at 1:15pm
First, I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. As a result of all of the terrific comments I decided to take the plunge and ordered a Master 7 yesterday!
I know this site is primarily for headphone users, but I also plan on trying the Master 7 in my main HiFi rig. In this setup I will be streaming music to the Master 7 via an Apple Airport Express, so I will be using the optical input to the Master 7. Does anyone have any experience/comments on how well the optical input to the Master 7 works?post #1593 of 36123/26/14 at 1:46pmpost #1594 of 36123/26/14 at 2:40pmQuote:
That or consider the synchro mesh.post #1595 of 36123/27/14 at 1:55amQuote:
Me too, I have now ordered an Off-Ramp 5 with HDMI Hynes Regulator after considered the pros and cons (SQ, use and price). The EVO with EVO clock are probable very good sounded and cheaper, but seems to be less user-friendly. One needs to manually change the clock then the bit rate change, too much trouble for me to be honest.
I agree with you on the USB problem.post #1596 of 36123/27/14 at 3:15amIn this hobby I truly hate paying the two or three times the price for devices. As the rules of diminishing returns comes in to play. But with the offramp. And havering a 40 K MSB DAC To compare results to. It's worth every dime. What really is annoying to me is the lack of ability of the makers of our little D A C ,S and the fact they produce items so obviously almost defective . And no one here or anywhere complaines at the companies who make our DACS. I think it is outrageous to charge 10K or less for devices that never will sound anywhere neer there potential . I could understand a better USB cable or hub or CPU setup. But none of those really matter a hoot when using the USB converters such as an offramp. And not a peep from us.
I am planning to attend the ny meet. And intend to bring two setups that will be playing at the same time with the offramp. As all outputs are live at the same time when using it. It's fantastic to A/B with.
One will be the audio gd M7 with the KRELL KAV400 XI. And HE 6
The other will be the HDVD800 with the HD800 both setups will be in fully balanced mode .
Music will be from a surface pro . RB ,FLAC , DSD REFERENCE recordings of mine will be playing and I can use others music if desired . It's a shame it will be noisey as I would love to see peoples faces when they hear just how good it can be.
Alpost #1597 of 36123/28/14 at 12:29pm
Seems to me that people arent liking the USB input to their Master 7s a whole bunch...
Has anyone tried using the optical/coax out of a ASUS ST or STX?
I would be interested in the Dolby Headphone performance and overall quality with DH off, is it a good solution?post #1598 of 36123/28/14 at 1:18pm
Just installed the hdmi i2s board from dacladder which went very smooth besides the amount of god damn glue holding the usb power source in place. So at least i have something to stare at until I order an off ramp...post #1599 of 36123/28/14 at 1:53pmQuote:
Who made it for you? I would like to try it but I am not able to make it.post #1600 of 36123/28/14 at 2:03pmpost #1601 of 36123/28/14 at 2:47pmpost #1602 of 36123/28/14 at 2:49pmpost #1603 of 36123/28/14 at 4:23pmpost #1604 of 36123/28/14 at 4:31pm
- Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Question about twin 3.5mm balanced outputs and headphones with... 53 seconds ago
- › Rank the IEM's you've heard 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 4 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 vs Shure SE846? 6 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear