or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) - Page 106

post #1576 of 3521

I agree that Steve N. is really nice guy. He answers all questions very quickly. And it took less than 14 days in my case. Exactly 8 days from my order e-mail to shipping from Steve N. Plus several delivery days to my place.

 

But our EU situation is a little bit discriminatory. I a priori knew that the Offramp is a one-way buy in my case because I had to paid more than 500USD for postage and customs! Customs are the main part. I am really happy that the Offramp proved to be great.


Edited by seaice - 3/25/14 at 3:10pm
post #1577 of 3521

Thanx for your support!

 

My dilemma is that I have a good offering on a used Hiface Evo+Evo clock for just 300 Euro, but if it doesn’t work in I2s… That should I do?

post #1578 of 3521
The price good. Look on computer audio phile.

There is a review of 15 USB converters compared by a gent I trust in his views.

Read and ponder.
Al
post #1579 of 3521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articnoise View Post
 

Thanx for your support!

 

My dilemma is that I have a good offering on a used Hiface Evo+Evo clock for just 300 Euro, but if it doesn’t work in I2s… That should I do?


It should work. I asked Kingwa and he answered: "The M7 I2S input had compatible with the EVO. While design we have put the EVO on the compatible list."

I have very low serial number of the Evo and found one user with the same I2S noise problem (with a different DAC). As I understood, the M2tech service solved the problem in his case.

 

The price is OK. I bought Hiface Evo + DYI power supply for 200 Euro and it is really very good via BNC. I believe that you can easily resell it for the same price.


Edited by seaice - 3/25/14 at 3:20pm
post #1580 of 3521

Thanks Al I have read it before!

 

Seaice did you found the Hiface EVO on BNC to be smoother, more refined and less reassessed in the upper mids than the USB32?

post #1581 of 3521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articnoise View Post
 

Seaice did you found the Hiface EVO on BNC to be smoother, more refined and less reassessed in the upper mids than the USB32?

 

Yes, smoother, refined and more balanced to other frequencies. But I have a good power supply for the Evo as well... But you will have the Evo clock :) Try it and resell if you are not happy.

post #1582 of 3521

Completely unrelated to this website, but oculus just got bought out by facebook and I feel like crying so bad right now. At least i have my master 7...

post #1583 of 3521

According to a post I read here somewhere the Hihface Evo's I2S interface should be compatible with Master 7, so I ordered it, but now it seems it might not be compatible after all... Doh! I have to check if I can return it..


Edited by lieberung - 3/26/14 at 7:14am
post #1584 of 3521
Try asking DAC ladder
post #1585 of 3521
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieberung View Post
 

According to a post I read here somewhere the Hihface Evo's I2S interface should be compatible with Master 7, so I ordered it, but now it seems it might not be compatible after all... Doh! I have to check if I can return it..


You get no sound output or does not sound good?  The Evo RJ45 signal pinout is identical to the standard Master 7 RJ45 input so you will need a straight through Ethernet cable.   I believe the same question was asked a few weeks ago and it appears the Evo's I2S MCLK rate may not be the same in all cases as the Off Ramp at lower sampling rates.  But I thought someone pinged Kingwa and he said it was OK??  Perhaps not.  Try a 192Khz sampling rate file.  The Evo's MCLK is compatible at 24.576Mhz for this sampling rate and would be good for a test. 


Edited by DACLadder - 3/26/14 at 7:36am
post #1586 of 3521
Quote:
Originally Posted by DACLadder View Post
 


You get no sound output or does not sound good?  The Evo RJ45 signal pinout is identical to the standard Master 7 RJ45 input so you will need a straight through Ethernet cable.   I believe the same question was asked a few weeks ago and it appears the Evo's I2S MCLK rate may not be the same in all cases as the Off Ramp at lower sampling rates.  But I thought someone pinged Kingwa and he said it was OK??  Perhaps not.  Try a 192Khz sampling rate file.  The Evo's MCLK is compatible at 24.576Mhz for this sampling rate and would be good for a test. 

Hi DACLadder, that wasn't me. I haven't recieved the Evo yet so I haven't had the opportunity to test it, but reading another post above put me somewhat off. The Evo is 1/3 of the price of the OR5 due to import tax, but if I2S doesnt work with M7 then its no point purchasing it, and rather save for the OR5... I have read good things about the Evo (and therefore ordered it), just havent found any statement yet on EVO I2S working with M7.


Edited by lieberung - 3/26/14 at 7:55am
post #1587 of 3521
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaice View Post
 

Kingwa confirmed that the I2S out of M2tech hiface Evo is compatible with the I2S input of Master 7.


Thanks...  It was seaice that contacted Kingwa...

post #1588 of 3521
Quote:
Originally Posted by purrin View Post
 

 

[snip] I think the M7 with the HDMI i2s should easily be able to compete with or even outdo the MSB Analog DAC...

 

Heady comparison.  Had any extensive experience with their Analog DAC?  Any chance to do an A/B?

post #1589 of 3521

Haven't been able to do a direct A/B w/ same downstream yet. Greed's got one and we're due to put them in the octagon soon with proper setups, etc. Will definitely report back!

post #1590 of 3521
OK you got me... Offramp 5 w/ I2S upgrade ordered.
Looking forward to get rid of all my troubles with USB audio...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704)