Hi DACLadder! Is it the same that can be downloaded from the web???
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: Audio-gd Master 2 Last post on 10/8/13 at 7:33am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- FT: Audio-GD 3.2 for other USB DACs Last post on 9/20/13 at 3:36pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Audio GD Master Master 1 Last post on 8/13/13 at 4:26pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- WTB: Audio-GD Master 7 Last post on 8/11/13 at 10:54pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Audio-GD Master 1 / Master 3 combo Pre Amp and Power Amp Last post on 7/24/13 at 8:47pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) - Page 81
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1202 of 36121/22/14 at 1:34pmQuote:Hi DACLadder! Is it the same that can be downloaded from the web???
Looking at the Audio GD site - main page - it looks like nothing yet has changed. I still see the same verbage about 2014 firmware as was there last week. I would think Kingwa would include an explanation of what changes, etc.
Kingwa is probably testing very carefully before releasing. It is a major headache to recall something broken. Besides the Master 7 he needs to check the firmware in all USB32 supported products and go through all the SW/ firmware features whether we use them or not. Takes time but is probably highest priority as his Email inbox is mostly likely full with complaints.
Edited by DACLadder - 1/22/14 at 1:35pmpost #1203 of 36121/22/14 at 4:19pm
Bah 24/96 is good enough anyways. I like how the M7 sounds without any software upsampling, and the best hires I've got is 24/92.
But anyways. This is interesting. I would like to check this firmware upgrade out soon.post #1204 of 36121/22/14 at 5:44pmpost #1205 of 36121/22/14 at 8:17pm
Kingwa notified me that V2 of the firmware upgrade is available soon. Check the Audio GD web site.
And speaking of 192kHz I think V2 may sound different than V1 in the M7. Tonight I'm not getting the same vibe with 96k and below sampling rates. So I will have to listen more to V2 and at some point switch back to V1 to compare. Very well could be something else like myself. Be interesting what others M7 owners have to think after some listening.post #1206 of 36121/23/14 at 1:28am
Thank you guys for your comments. Actually I think also that way, I DO can live without 24/192 but it should be a decision of mine!...not because of some "problem" (whatever the f*** it is!!!!). I am waiting for a vovox aes/ebu to make a last test before last decision....post #1207 of 36121/23/14 at 3:50am
It is clearly stated that the new driver and firmware are for testing. So what’s the problem? If the new version is not to your liking you can always go back to the older version, it’s up to you.
The V2 of 2014 is btw now on the AGD web cite.post #1208 of 36121/23/14 at 5:36pm
I don't notice any difference SQ-wise between the newest 2014 firmware and the first 2014 firmware. Other than that I can now play 192khz. Nice work Kingwa. I was afraid that some of the sound quality gains on the first 2014 firmware would be lost when it was reconfigured to play 192khz files but everything still sounds great and miles better than the last firmware.post #1209 of 36121/23/14 at 5:51pmpost #1210 of 36121/23/14 at 5:51pmpost #1211 of 36121/23/14 at 10:50pm
Yoiu have 3 doc(s) in the rar archive. You should read them in the specified order ( they are named 1_Read me at first.doc, 2_Firmware update guide.doc. 3_Driver2014 install guide.doc ). If you want to update the FW, 2_Firmware update guide.doc explains how to do it.post #1212 of 36121/24/14 at 1:16amI did pence with a my Dev - 3. From him. I cooked the chip on the USB board when I was flashing it. I ordered a few and have them. The program locked up during the firmware write. But I did do correct after.
Alpost #1213 of 36121/24/14 at 4:29ampost #1214 of 36121/24/14 at 4:34amI seen that too. I know a few weeks back kingwa stated under 100 pcs in stock.
So maybe he is testing the waters to see how many people still want it
The pcm1704 is made by texts insrtumints
And they still make them. I do not know what the cost is.
There are other dacs that still use that chip.
And one of them is 60k.
The trinity DAC.
Alpost #1215 of 36121/24/14 at 5:01am
They have a couple of units on burn in. The Chinese New Year will be next week which is a national holiday period, so they won't get anything out of the door until after then.
- Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO In-Ear Monitors EX1 2nd gen is on the market now ! 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - Introducing KAISER ENCORE and SAGE 4 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Returning to CANS.... researching is a pain...$600-$1600 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android |... 6 minutes ago
- › ZMF Ori and Eikon Pad Sale on MassDrop 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear