So I've been listening to my music off my PC via a Fiio E10 and a pair of Shure 840s. I'm ready to invest quite a bit more into my audiophile tendencies. I've pretty much decided on the Sennheiser HD 650s but from what I've read my little E10 definitely won't cut it in terms of getting the most of of those 650s. Open to any and all advice. Thanks in advance :-)
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on Yesterday at 6:57 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 4/9/15 at 4:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 3/2/15 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3 for this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
The PM3 is Oppo's 3rd headphone offering, a closed back planar magnetic. Thank you to @Jiffy Squid and Oppo for allowing us Head-fiers to audition these at the comfort of our own home and time,...
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
Good Amp and Dac for use with Sennheiser HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Will you need just an amp or an amp and a dac? You could try using your e10 as a dac for awhile to save a few bucks.
I've got a Practical Devices XM6, Audinst HUD MX1, and an Audio GD NFB-10SE that I use for travel, office, and home respectively. With an HD 580, I find the first two are comparable with a slight edge to the Audinst, but I get noticeably more air and a blacker background when running balanced out of the NFB-10SE. It's also at the very top of your budget constraint, at around $560 or so shipped.
- Good Amp and Dac for use with Sennheiser HD 650
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 22 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 vs Fostex TH-900? 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › DSD recordings 3 minutes ago
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 5 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 6 minutes ago
- › Review: Audio-gd NFB-7 6 minutes ago
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2