So I've been listening to my music off my PC via a Fiio E10 and a pair of Shure 840s. I'm ready to invest quite a bit more into my audiophile tendencies. I've pretty much decided on the Sennheiser HD 650s but from what I've read my little E10 definitely won't cut it in terms of getting the most of of those 650s. Open to any and all advice. Thanks in advance :-)
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading from Westone 4. Big improvement getting HE 500 or HD650? Last post on 10/28/14 at 6:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need suggestions for an upgrade coming from "GILMORE LITE AMP" Last post on 10/28/14 at 1:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headband mod for those sensitive to weight on top of head? Last post on 10/25/14 at 9:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help troubleshooting my HD 650s!!! Last post on 10/14/14 at 7:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Where to get SENN HD-650 replacement PADS ? Last post on 10/13/14 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
The ATH-m50 is my first ever headphone, not including the $2 ear-buds of course. Before the m50, I was just listening to ear-buds and didn't have much affection for music reproduction. However,...
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
Good Amp and Dac for use with Sennheiser HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Will you need just an amp or an amp and a dac? You could try using your e10 as a dac for awhile to save a few bucks.
I've got a Practical Devices XM6, Audinst HUD MX1, and an Audio GD NFB-10SE that I use for travel, office, and home respectively. With an HD 580, I find the first two are comparable with a slight edge to the Audinst, but I get noticeably more air and a blacker background when running balanced out of the NFB-10SE. It's also at the very top of your budget constraint, at around $560 or so shipped.
- Good Amp and Dac for use with Sennheiser HD 650
- › DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP 3 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 3 minutes ago
- › Post a picture of your Headphone Rig. 5 minutes ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › 200$ over ear recommendation 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by alexau123
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)