So I've been listening to my music off my PC via a Fiio E10 and a pair of Shure 840s. I'm ready to invest quite a bit more into my audiophile tendencies. I've pretty much decided on the Sennheiser HD 650s but from what I've read my little E10 definitely won't cut it in terms of getting the most of of those 650s. Open to any and all advice. Thanks in advance :-)
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 5/14/15 at 9:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 6/3/15 at 12:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 8/2/15 at 11:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 5/13/15 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
Good Amp and Dac for use with Sennheiser HD 650
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Will you need just an amp or an amp and a dac? You could try using your e10 as a dac for awhile to save a few bucks.
I've got a Practical Devices XM6, Audinst HUD MX1, and an Audio GD NFB-10SE that I use for travel, office, and home respectively. With an HD 580, I find the first two are comparable with a slight edge to the Audinst, but I get noticeably more air and a blacker background when running balanced out of the NFB-10SE. It's also at the very top of your budget constraint, at around $560 or so shipped.
- Good Amp and Dac for use with Sennheiser HD 650
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 15 seconds ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 23 seconds ago
- › Xduoo x2 or Ruizu x02 or Fiio x1? 43 seconds ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Mr Speakers Ether 1 minute ago
- › Universal IEM With Great Balance 1 minute ago
- › What is resolution and how is it measured? 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Finding the right portable player for AKG K550 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3