I used to own a K1000 and I remember that it had superb "outside the head" imaging. I sold it a while back. I just picked up a Hifiman HE-500 and I'm impressed with the imaging, and it does get "outside the head" and feel "open" almost to the degree the K1000 did, but it's been a while since I heard the K1000. Does anyone here own both a Hifiman ortho and the K1000 and have any immediate impressions of the imaging of each?
Related Forum Threads
- The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :) Last post on 3/8/13 at 3:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- which is the best headphone with bass punch and good sq Last post on 10/4/14 at 8:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the most power hungry high impedance headphones? Last post on 5/7/14 at 2:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Speaker cables for headphones? Last post on 4/21/14 at 8:13pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I bought the headphones on 26 / january / 2015 this first thing that made me happy was the excellent comfort of the headphones and the ability to stay on my head even if was leaning my head these...
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
imaging: Hifiman orthos versus K1000
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Had the HE6 on loan and have had the HE500 for a while as well as two K1000. As much as I like the HE500 the K1000 is IMO a whole different beast and the one I prefer. Granted we all hear differently and our music, sac, amp, etc can steer us into different directions. Just try it and decide which is better for you.
- imaging: Hifiman orthos versus K1000
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › On Ear Headphones for 100$ 8 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 15 seconds ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! 43 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 45 seconds ago
- › NAD VISO HP50 thread 49 seconds ago
- › Looking for a DAC/AMP as an alternative to my MBA headphone out for... 53 seconds ago
- › Unified X1,3,5,7 Theming thread (Video/image library) 59 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2