I have totally rediscoverd Beyerdynamic T1 after hearing it with the A1. For the T1, the A1 is well worth the money. Suddenly the thin and canny T1 is lush, bassy and warm - yet detailed and precise. Love it =)
Related Forum Threads
- headamp for beyer T1 Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC/AMP suggestion for the Beyerdynamic T1? Last post on 9/29/12 at 10:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AKG K 702: I have a HeadRoom Micro Amp and Want to Upgrade, <$1,000 Last post on 7/19/12 at 1:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- burson new soloist headphone amp Last post on 10/19/14 at 7:50pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Musical fidelity M1 HPA vs other (< $900) Amps Last post on 2/16/14 at 11:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
- Headphone Impedance
Is the Beyerdynamic A1 Headphone Amplifier worth the $750 price tag, today? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Strongly agree that the A1 brings out the best in the T1. It's the damnedest thing. It's like you can hear the fingerprints of the bass player scrape over the twist of the strings. Very meaty and precise, but not boomy at all.
It has brought me a whole new appreciation of The Wall.
Edited by dduck - 3/8/14 at 9:46am
I found the A1 to be a good amp, but at a certain price. I think $600 is the price I would value it at. It simply does not work well with low impedance headphones and the 100Ohm output seems to color the sound in a way that I dislike. We all have our own preferences but IMO the A1 is below that of the BCL, and then the BCL is overpriced.
I have a question for you Zombie_X, you seems to know a lot about many different amps. I'm currently using the Beyerdynamic A1 amp with Beyerdynamic T1/T70p and I'm looking for a new amp that will produce a little different sound. I really need your expert opinion on what amp I should try, I was thinking about buying the Woo Audio WA2.
- Is the Beyerdynamic A1 Headphone Amplifier worth the $750 price tag, today?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Any way to make my Shure SRH840's more comfortable? 1 minute ago
- › Problem with headphones 1 minute ago
- › Lcd's and unlistenable cd's 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › DAP Recommendation 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Help with headphone amp 7 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)