I have totally rediscoverd Beyerdynamic T1 after hearing it with the A1. For the T1, the A1 is well worth the money. Suddenly the thin and canny T1 is lush, bassy and warm - yet detailed and precise. Love it =)
Related Forum Threads
- headamp for beyer T1 Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC/AMP suggestion for the Beyerdynamic T1? Last post on 9/29/12 at 10:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AKG K 702: I have a HeadRoom Micro Amp and Want to Upgrade, <$1,000 Last post on 7/19/12 at 1:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- burson new soloist headphone amp Last post on Today at 9:59 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Musical fidelity M1 HPA vs other (< $900) Amps Last post on 10/27/14 at 2:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Today I got this MP3 player but I am debating to keep it or not because the button layout is horrible. Also, the user interface is choppy with FLAC files. There is a noticable lag when choosing...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
- Headphone Impedance
Is the Beyerdynamic A1 Headphone Amplifier worth the $750 price tag, today? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Strongly agree that the A1 brings out the best in the T1. It's the damnedest thing. It's like you can hear the fingerprints of the bass player scrape over the twist of the strings. Very meaty and precise, but not boomy at all.
It has brought me a whole new appreciation of The Wall.
Edited by dduck - 3/8/14 at 9:46am
I found the A1 to be a good amp, but at a certain price. I think $600 is the price I would value it at. It simply does not work well with low impedance headphones and the 100Ohm output seems to color the sound in a way that I dislike. We all have our own preferences but IMO the A1 is below that of the BCL, and then the BCL is overpriced.
I have a question for you Zombie_X, you seems to know a lot about many different amps. I'm currently using the Beyerdynamic A1 amp with Beyerdynamic T1/T70p and I'm looking for a new amp that will produce a little different sound. I really need your expert opinion on what amp I should try, I was thinking about buying the Woo Audio WA2.
- Is the Beyerdynamic A1 Headphone Amplifier worth the $750 price tag, today?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › One more Canadian hope in Hi Def track-land 18 seconds ago
- › What will I need for a competitive FPS sound setup? (headphones) 55 seconds ago
- › Powering Sennheiser HD650's 1 minute ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 Over Ear Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Prime (On Hold) 3 minutes ago
- › New Teac HA-P50-B Portable DAC Amp 3 minutes ago
- › Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso D-Zero or get new Schiit? 4 minutes ago
- › Mint JVC HA-FXT90 (just 60 hours of use) 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)