I have totally rediscoverd Beyerdynamic T1 after hearing it with the A1. For the T1, the A1 is well worth the money. Suddenly the thin and canny T1 is lush, bassy and warm - yet detailed and precise. Love it =)
Related Forum Threads
- headamp for beyer T1 Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC/AMP suggestion for the Beyerdynamic T1? Last post on 9/29/12 at 10:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AKG K 702: I have a HeadRoom Micro Amp and Want to Upgrade, <$1,000 Last post on 7/19/12 at 1:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Musical fidelity M1 HPA vs other (< $900) Amps Last post on 10/27/14 at 2:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website link:...
Preamble: Hi guys, I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey about a year and a half ago. I just have average ears that like to listen to slightly above average music and so...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Brainwavz S3 you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated...
Introduction First of all, I would like to thank Aune (@AuneAudio) for giving me the opportunity to review their unit. This is the link to the relevant head-fi thread:...
- Headphone Impedance
Is the Beyerdynamic A1 Headphone Amplifier worth the $750 price tag, today? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Strongly agree that the A1 brings out the best in the T1. It's the damnedest thing. It's like you can hear the fingerprints of the bass player scrape over the twist of the strings. Very meaty and precise, but not boomy at all.
It has brought me a whole new appreciation of The Wall.
Edited by dduck - 3/8/14 at 9:46am
I found the A1 to be a good amp, but at a certain price. I think $600 is the price I would value it at. It simply does not work well with low impedance headphones and the 100Ohm output seems to color the sound in a way that I dislike. We all have our own preferences but IMO the A1 is below that of the BCL, and then the BCL is overpriced.
I have a question for you Zombie_X, you seems to know a lot about many different amps. I'm currently using the Beyerdynamic A1 amp with Beyerdynamic T1/T70p and I'm looking for a new amp that will produce a little different sound. I really need your expert opinion on what amp I should try, I was thinking about buying the Woo Audio WA2.
- Is the Beyerdynamic A1 Headphone Amplifier worth the $750 price tag, today?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 18 seconds ago
- › The Woo Audio 2 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X3ii interface question (also iBasso DX50): is it possible to... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 1 minute ago
- › FS: Woo Audio WDS-1 DAC - Like new, 2-3 months use. 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fischer Audio DBA-02 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by GioF71
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2