I have totally rediscoverd Beyerdynamic T1 after hearing it with the A1. For the T1, the A1 is well worth the money. Suddenly the thin and canny T1 is lush, bassy and warm - yet detailed and precise. Love it =)
Related Forum Threads
- headamp for beyer T1 Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC/AMP suggestion for the Beyerdynamic T1? Last post on 9/29/12 at 10:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AKG K 702: I have a HeadRoom Micro Amp and Want to Upgrade, <$1,000 Last post on 7/19/12 at 1:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Musical fidelity M1 HPA vs other (< $900) Amps Last post on 10/27/14 at 2:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz S3. The Brainwavz S3 is available from...
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
- Headphone Impedance
Is the Beyerdynamic A1 Headphone Amplifier worth the $750 price tag, today? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Strongly agree that the A1 brings out the best in the T1. It's the damnedest thing. It's like you can hear the fingerprints of the bass player scrape over the twist of the strings. Very meaty and precise, but not boomy at all.
It has brought me a whole new appreciation of The Wall.
Edited by dduck - 3/8/14 at 9:46am
I found the A1 to be a good amp, but at a certain price. I think $600 is the price I would value it at. It simply does not work well with low impedance headphones and the 100Ohm output seems to color the sound in a way that I dislike. We all have our own preferences but IMO the A1 is below that of the BCL, and then the BCL is overpriced.
I have a question for you Zombie_X, you seems to know a lot about many different amps. I'm currently using the Beyerdynamic A1 amp with Beyerdynamic T1/T70p and I'm looking for a new amp that will produce a little different sound. I really need your expert opinion on what amp I should try, I was thinking about buying the Woo Audio WA2.
- Is the Beyerdynamic A1 Headphone Amplifier worth the $750 price tag, today?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Amping the Oppo PM-3? 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › I want an MP3 player that is good for podcasts 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for a new DAP to replace my NWZ-A729 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by shotgunshane
- › Brainwavz S3 by peter123
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2