Very cool testing site! Thanks for this!
- categoryHeadphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/13/15
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
Test your headphone online - Page 3post #31 of 381/3/13 at 3:30am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 381/9/13 at 1:27pmpost #33 of 381/9/13 at 2:11pmpost #34 of 381/9/13 at 2:14pm
I let my girlfriend hear the Binaural test with the volume up last night. I was like, "come check this out, it'll freak you out!". She put the headphones on and I played it and it freaked her right out . She tossed my headphones on the desk and I actually had to see if she was ok, LOL.post #35 of 381/9/13 at 2:30pm
Thanks for a useful combination of classic tests! Also, kudos for using volume priming baselining in the dynamic range tests and trying to keep your announcements at same level in the FR tests. These help a lot, although of course, the results are not necessarily audiological quality (but who cares!).
I'm surprised that at my normal playback level and in my noisy environment my near-flatish range goes to about 15kHz and I can still hear at 17kHz quite easily (at c. -6 to -10dB or so on guesstimation). This is pretty good for a 40+ year old on my secondary cans (T70). The last time I did audiological testing, I was flat to 14kHz (the highest the system would test in the lab), but that was years ago.
Now if you could make a way for people to separate resonance artifacts (like intermodulation) from the actual frequency test signals in the FR test, you'd get a million thumbs up ! Many people will think they hear 18 to 20kHz, when they are actually hearing housing resonance effects or lower intermodulation frequencies from the driver artifacts.
BTW, if you want, you could also do lossy compression masking test for people who want to test whether their headphones are good enough for critical listening of lossy sources.
Good work, keep it up!post #36 of 381/11/13 at 1:54amThread Starter
Thank you for your kind words, Halcyon!Quote:
You are totally right. But more than driver artifacts at these frequencies, aliasing from the DAC seems the main culprit to me. The only subjective test I came with, to this this, is this one: http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_aliasing.php
I think it partially answer your request.post #37 of 381/11/13 at 6:12am
I've found that having Window's sample rate set at anything other than 44.1KHz can cause problems like that. It also causes ringing in the low frequencies , like in the bass shaker and binaural test.
Although for me playing the files with VLC and using 48KHz as Window's sample rate seems to work fine, VLC must be better at re-sampling or something.post #38 of 381/21/13 at 1:30pmQuote:
Same issue here. We need a fine DAC chip.
- Test your headphone online
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 9 seconds ago
- › CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8.2 and Ei.XX 17 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Onkyo DP-X11 upcoming | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone capable DAP maybe 2 minutes ago
- › Time to add some speakers... Help me out? 3 minutes ago
- › AMP/DAC for Denon AH-D5000 + Technics 1210mk5 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear