Very cool testing site! Thanks for this!
- categoryHeadphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/13/15
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I was able to demo the PM-3 for a week as part of OPPO's loaner program. This is the second OPPO loaner I've tried (also auditioned the PM-1), and once again I'd like to thank Chris...
For the money they are extremely comfortable, sound great plugged into my Onkyo TX-8255 receiver playing either music or watching videos from my pc through the Onkyo. I know you can spend many...
Intro: I'm not all too technical about sound (which explains only the bass/mid/treble; I still need to add my thoughts on soundstage though). It's pretty much whether I like a product or I...
MEE audio M6 Pro Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to MEE audio for the sample Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806529/mee-audio-m6-pro-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A bargain...
Intro – There are many gadgets that are desirable but not practical; gadgets that are briefly enjoyed then forgotten over time. The RM1 is a very interesting product from Fiio that is quite the...
Test your headphone online - Page 3post #31 of 381/3/13 at 3:30ampost #32 of 381/9/13 at 1:27pmpost #33 of 381/9/13 at 2:11pmpost #34 of 381/9/13 at 2:14pm
I let my girlfriend hear the Binaural test with the volume up last night. I was like, "come check this out, it'll freak you out!". She put the headphones on and I played it and it freaked her right out . She tossed my headphones on the desk and I actually had to see if she was ok, LOL.post #35 of 381/9/13 at 2:30pm
Thanks for a useful combination of classic tests! Also, kudos for using volume priming baselining in the dynamic range tests and trying to keep your announcements at same level in the FR tests. These help a lot, although of course, the results are not necessarily audiological quality (but who cares!).
I'm surprised that at my normal playback level and in my noisy environment my near-flatish range goes to about 15kHz and I can still hear at 17kHz quite easily (at c. -6 to -10dB or so on guesstimation). This is pretty good for a 40+ year old on my secondary cans (T70). The last time I did audiological testing, I was flat to 14kHz (the highest the system would test in the lab), but that was years ago.
Now if you could make a way for people to separate resonance artifacts (like intermodulation) from the actual frequency test signals in the FR test, you'd get a million thumbs up ! Many people will think they hear 18 to 20kHz, when they are actually hearing housing resonance effects or lower intermodulation frequencies from the driver artifacts.
BTW, if you want, you could also do lossy compression masking test for people who want to test whether their headphones are good enough for critical listening of lossy sources.
Good work, keep it up!post #36 of 381/11/13 at 1:54amThread Starter
Thank you for your kind words, Halcyon!Quote:
You are totally right. But more than driver artifacts at these frequencies, aliasing from the DAC seems the main culprit to me. The only subjective test I came with, to this this, is this one: http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_aliasing.php
I think it partially answer your request.post #37 of 381/11/13 at 6:12am
I've found that having Window's sample rate set at anything other than 44.1KHz can cause problems like that. It also causes ringing in the low frequencies , like in the bass shaker and binaural test.
Although for me playing the files with VLC and using 48KHz as Window's sample rate seems to work fine, VLC must be better at re-sampling or something.post #38 of 381/21/13 at 1:30pmQuote:
Same issue here. We need a fine DAC chip.
- Test your headphone online
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 2 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM BassHEAD club) 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 5 minutes ago
- › Lynx AES16 PCI Soundcard - Digital Transport 7 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 9 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E by RockeyDA
- › Campfire Audio Orion by cleg
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse