Very cool testing site! Thanks for this!
- categoryHeadphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/13/15
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
Test your headphone online - Page 3post #31 of 381/3/13 at 3:30am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 381/9/13 at 1:27pmpost #33 of 381/9/13 at 2:11pmpost #34 of 381/9/13 at 2:14pm
I let my girlfriend hear the Binaural test with the volume up last night. I was like, "come check this out, it'll freak you out!". She put the headphones on and I played it and it freaked her right out . She tossed my headphones on the desk and I actually had to see if she was ok, LOL.post #35 of 381/9/13 at 2:30pm
Thanks for a useful combination of classic tests! Also, kudos for using volume priming baselining in the dynamic range tests and trying to keep your announcements at same level in the FR tests. These help a lot, although of course, the results are not necessarily audiological quality (but who cares!).
I'm surprised that at my normal playback level and in my noisy environment my near-flatish range goes to about 15kHz and I can still hear at 17kHz quite easily (at c. -6 to -10dB or so on guesstimation). This is pretty good for a 40+ year old on my secondary cans (T70). The last time I did audiological testing, I was flat to 14kHz (the highest the system would test in the lab), but that was years ago.
Now if you could make a way for people to separate resonance artifacts (like intermodulation) from the actual frequency test signals in the FR test, you'd get a million thumbs up ! Many people will think they hear 18 to 20kHz, when they are actually hearing housing resonance effects or lower intermodulation frequencies from the driver artifacts.
BTW, if you want, you could also do lossy compression masking test for people who want to test whether their headphones are good enough for critical listening of lossy sources.
Good work, keep it up!post #36 of 381/11/13 at 1:54amThread Starter
Thank you for your kind words, Halcyon!Quote:
You are totally right. But more than driver artifacts at these frequencies, aliasing from the DAC seems the main culprit to me. The only subjective test I came with, to this this, is this one: http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_aliasing.php
I think it partially answer your request.post #37 of 381/11/13 at 6:12am
I've found that having Window's sample rate set at anything other than 44.1KHz can cause problems like that. It also causes ringing in the low frequencies , like in the bass shaker and binaural test.
Although for me playing the files with VLC and using 48KHz as Window's sample rate seems to work fine, VLC must be better at re-sampling or something.post #38 of 381/21/13 at 1:30pmQuote:
Same issue here. We need a fine DAC chip.
- Test your headphone online
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-2 - Shipping (CONUS/Canada) and PP included 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...