Very cool testing site! Thanks for this!
- categoryHeadphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/13/15
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 2/17/15 at 1:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
Test your headphone online - Page 3post #31 of 381/3/13 at 3:30am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 381/9/13 at 1:27pmpost #33 of 381/9/13 at 2:11pmpost #34 of 381/9/13 at 2:14pm
I let my girlfriend hear the Binaural test with the volume up last night. I was like, "come check this out, it'll freak you out!". She put the headphones on and I played it and it freaked her right out . She tossed my headphones on the desk and I actually had to see if she was ok, LOL.post #35 of 381/9/13 at 2:30pm
Thanks for a useful combination of classic tests! Also, kudos for using volume priming baselining in the dynamic range tests and trying to keep your announcements at same level in the FR tests. These help a lot, although of course, the results are not necessarily audiological quality (but who cares!).
I'm surprised that at my normal playback level and in my noisy environment my near-flatish range goes to about 15kHz and I can still hear at 17kHz quite easily (at c. -6 to -10dB or so on guesstimation). This is pretty good for a 40+ year old on my secondary cans (T70). The last time I did audiological testing, I was flat to 14kHz (the highest the system would test in the lab), but that was years ago.
Now if you could make a way for people to separate resonance artifacts (like intermodulation) from the actual frequency test signals in the FR test, you'd get a million thumbs up ! Many people will think they hear 18 to 20kHz, when they are actually hearing housing resonance effects or lower intermodulation frequencies from the driver artifacts.
BTW, if you want, you could also do lossy compression masking test for people who want to test whether their headphones are good enough for critical listening of lossy sources.
Good work, keep it up!post #36 of 381/11/13 at 1:54amThread Starter
Thank you for your kind words, Halcyon!Quote:
You are totally right. But more than driver artifacts at these frequencies, aliasing from the DAC seems the main culprit to me. The only subjective test I came with, to this this, is this one: http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_aliasing.php
I think it partially answer your request.post #37 of 381/11/13 at 6:12am
I've found that having Window's sample rate set at anything other than 44.1KHz can cause problems like that. It also causes ringing in the low frequencies , like in the bass shaker and binaural test.
Although for me playing the files with VLC and using 48KHz as Window's sample rate seems to work fine, VLC must be better at re-sampling or something.post #38 of 381/21/13 at 1:30pmQuote:
Same issue here. We need a fine DAC chip.
- Test your headphone online
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM... 1 minute ago
- › A good speaker brand? 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 6 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 7 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 7 minutes ago
- › REVIEW AND COMPARISON: Eddie Current Balancing Act and SUPER 7 7 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 8 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2