Very cool testing site! Thanks for this!
- categoryHeadphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/13/15
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
Test your headphone online - Page 3post #31 of 381/3/13 at 3:30am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 381/9/13 at 1:27pmpost #33 of 381/9/13 at 2:11pmpost #34 of 381/9/13 at 2:14pm
I let my girlfriend hear the Binaural test with the volume up last night. I was like, "come check this out, it'll freak you out!". She put the headphones on and I played it and it freaked her right out . She tossed my headphones on the desk and I actually had to see if she was ok, LOL.post #35 of 381/9/13 at 2:30pm
Thanks for a useful combination of classic tests! Also, kudos for using volume priming baselining in the dynamic range tests and trying to keep your announcements at same level in the FR tests. These help a lot, although of course, the results are not necessarily audiological quality (but who cares!).
I'm surprised that at my normal playback level and in my noisy environment my near-flatish range goes to about 15kHz and I can still hear at 17kHz quite easily (at c. -6 to -10dB or so on guesstimation). This is pretty good for a 40+ year old on my secondary cans (T70). The last time I did audiological testing, I was flat to 14kHz (the highest the system would test in the lab), but that was years ago.
Now if you could make a way for people to separate resonance artifacts (like intermodulation) from the actual frequency test signals in the FR test, you'd get a million thumbs up ! Many people will think they hear 18 to 20kHz, when they are actually hearing housing resonance effects or lower intermodulation frequencies from the driver artifacts.
BTW, if you want, you could also do lossy compression masking test for people who want to test whether their headphones are good enough for critical listening of lossy sources.
Good work, keep it up!post #36 of 381/11/13 at 1:54amThread Starter
Thank you for your kind words, Halcyon!Quote:
You are totally right. But more than driver artifacts at these frequencies, aliasing from the DAC seems the main culprit to me. The only subjective test I came with, to this this, is this one: http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_aliasing.php
I think it partially answer your request.post #37 of 381/11/13 at 6:12am
I've found that having Window's sample rate set at anything other than 44.1KHz can cause problems like that. It also causes ringing in the low frequencies , like in the bass shaker and binaural test.
Although for me playing the files with VLC and using 48KHz as Window's sample rate seems to work fine, VLC must be better at re-sampling or something.post #38 of 381/21/13 at 1:30pmQuote:
Same issue here. We need a fine DAC chip.
- Test your headphone online
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › La Figaro 339 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › DHC Molecule Extreme 18awg 4pin xlr for Hifiman (smc) 6Ft 5 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 5 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Flac files on a macbook air... 6 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...