Very cool testing site! Thanks for this!
- categoryHeadphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/13/15
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
Test your headphone online - Page 3post #31 of 381/3/13 at 3:30am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 381/9/13 at 1:27pmpost #33 of 381/9/13 at 2:11pmpost #34 of 381/9/13 at 2:14pm
I let my girlfriend hear the Binaural test with the volume up last night. I was like, "come check this out, it'll freak you out!". She put the headphones on and I played it and it freaked her right out . She tossed my headphones on the desk and I actually had to see if she was ok, LOL.post #35 of 381/9/13 at 2:30pm
Thanks for a useful combination of classic tests! Also, kudos for using volume priming baselining in the dynamic range tests and trying to keep your announcements at same level in the FR tests. These help a lot, although of course, the results are not necessarily audiological quality (but who cares!).
I'm surprised that at my normal playback level and in my noisy environment my near-flatish range goes to about 15kHz and I can still hear at 17kHz quite easily (at c. -6 to -10dB or so on guesstimation). This is pretty good for a 40+ year old on my secondary cans (T70). The last time I did audiological testing, I was flat to 14kHz (the highest the system would test in the lab), but that was years ago.
Now if you could make a way for people to separate resonance artifacts (like intermodulation) from the actual frequency test signals in the FR test, you'd get a million thumbs up ! Many people will think they hear 18 to 20kHz, when they are actually hearing housing resonance effects or lower intermodulation frequencies from the driver artifacts.
BTW, if you want, you could also do lossy compression masking test for people who want to test whether their headphones are good enough for critical listening of lossy sources.
Good work, keep it up!post #36 of 381/11/13 at 1:54amThread Starter
Thank you for your kind words, Halcyon!Quote:
You are totally right. But more than driver artifacts at these frequencies, aliasing from the DAC seems the main culprit to me. The only subjective test I came with, to this this, is this one: http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_aliasing.php
I think it partially answer your request.post #37 of 381/11/13 at 6:12am
I've found that having Window's sample rate set at anything other than 44.1KHz can cause problems like that. It also causes ringing in the low frequencies , like in the bass shaker and binaural test.
Although for me playing the files with VLC and using 48KHz as Window's sample rate seems to work fine, VLC must be better at re-sampling or something.post #38 of 381/21/13 at 1:30pmQuote:
Same issue here. We need a fine DAC chip.
- Test your headphone online
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › iFi Audio Micro iTube2 Buffer 35 seconds ago
- › Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line... 38 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL: 2017 North Carolina Meet 40 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 40 seconds ago
- › Rock Jaw Wants to Know....Your Ideal Earphone Design 54 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear