Very cool testing site! Thanks for this!
- categoryHeadphonestagged by nightmancometh, 2/13/15
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Not a whole lot to add that others have mentioned. I would have liked a traveling case included instead of a pouch, but I will let that slide for a couple of reasons. First is that the box that...
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Test your headphone online - Page 3post #31 of 381/3/13 at 3:30am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 381/9/13 at 1:27pmpost #33 of 381/9/13 at 2:11pmpost #34 of 381/9/13 at 2:14pm
I let my girlfriend hear the Binaural test with the volume up last night. I was like, "come check this out, it'll freak you out!". She put the headphones on and I played it and it freaked her right out . She tossed my headphones on the desk and I actually had to see if she was ok, LOL.post #35 of 381/9/13 at 2:30pm
Thanks for a useful combination of classic tests! Also, kudos for using volume priming baselining in the dynamic range tests and trying to keep your announcements at same level in the FR tests. These help a lot, although of course, the results are not necessarily audiological quality (but who cares!).
I'm surprised that at my normal playback level and in my noisy environment my near-flatish range goes to about 15kHz and I can still hear at 17kHz quite easily (at c. -6 to -10dB or so on guesstimation). This is pretty good for a 40+ year old on my secondary cans (T70). The last time I did audiological testing, I was flat to 14kHz (the highest the system would test in the lab), but that was years ago.
Now if you could make a way for people to separate resonance artifacts (like intermodulation) from the actual frequency test signals in the FR test, you'd get a million thumbs up ! Many people will think they hear 18 to 20kHz, when they are actually hearing housing resonance effects or lower intermodulation frequencies from the driver artifacts.
BTW, if you want, you could also do lossy compression masking test for people who want to test whether their headphones are good enough for critical listening of lossy sources.
Good work, keep it up!post #36 of 381/11/13 at 1:54amThread Starter
Thank you for your kind words, Halcyon!Quote:
You are totally right. But more than driver artifacts at these frequencies, aliasing from the DAC seems the main culprit to me. The only subjective test I came with, to this this, is this one: http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_aliasing.php
I think it partially answer your request.post #37 of 381/11/13 at 6:12am
I've found that having Window's sample rate set at anything other than 44.1KHz can cause problems like that. It also causes ringing in the low frequencies , like in the bass shaker and binaural test.
Although for me playing the files with VLC and using 48KHz as Window's sample rate seems to work fine, VLC must be better at re-sampling or something.post #38 of 381/21/13 at 1:30pmQuote:
Same issue here. We need a fine DAC chip.
- Test your headphone online
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 26 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Brexit and EU volume cap on phones and DAPs 1 minute ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › akg702/712 or something else for precise/accurate/pinpoint... 2 minutes ago
- › Rose Mojito Earbuds 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...