ah. Thanks for that, i guess i wont buy an E3. I was however thinking the E11 (the desktop one) and maybe getting an E6 as something portable. All FiiO's amps are dirt cheap so i could get a few.
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on 4/23/14 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH-440 w/HPAEC840 pads vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 4/24/14 at 1:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
“You know, I’ve never owned any Schi….um, any of your products..” I was saying to Jason Stoddard in LA in March. Indeed, the last time I’d sampled anything from his company was years ago at a meet...
I am new to head-fi and this is my first ever review. Basically I joined head-fi to read people's expert opinions on different products, as I'm not an audiophile and do not know much about the...
Alessandro Music Series MS1i Black Walnut Cups $169 Big thanks to JoeDoe of Head-Fi as he performed the cup installation as well as the swapping out the headband. I paid a little more for mine...
Value: I got these for $207 and at twice the price they'd be a great buy. Sound: If the next sentence seems defensive, it's not. it's an assertion of the sound quality of the HD598s. I've been in...
I'll refrain from writing an extensive review this time, as everything important has already been shown and written down in the other reviews here on head-fi. I second those opinions and can...
Just bought a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50's, Worth it? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Oh and i dont plan on just having the ATH-M50's, im thinking of getting a pair of decent headphones (around the 300 dollar mark) later on this year and would definetly need an amp for them. (I was thinking something along the likes of the K702, HD600 or the HE400) Also the K240 MKII's that i have at the moment work fine on my PC which has a good sound card, but plug them into my Sansa Clip + and the sound is good, but no where near as clear, crisp or loud as on my pc. (At the volume level of 6, it sounds like the volume level of the Soundmagic PL30's at volume level -12. ((Rockboxx has a max limit on the sound of 6, and that on the PL30's is eardrum blastingly loud))
Dude I'm from Australia to, and you can get them $110 easy WITH FREE SHIPPING.
anyway, the M50s are good. and i bet you can sell them for more then you bought them on Gumtree.com.au because they're pretty high in demand and theres like none on gumtree.
The e17 is very nice unit, clean small and adjustable.
I like the M50 for all round dance, hip hop and house. Just test out the amps in your price range and as i always say " if you cant hear the difference don't spend the money"
Well the M50's just arrived, the delivery guy just dropped em off.
Build Quality is super solid
Ear cups are really nice and soft, almost like the Beats earcups. (really the only good thing about the beats was the ear cups that were incredibly soft)
Sound quality is great! Im just listening to William Barbers Adagio For Strings recorded in a FLAC file and it sounds about as good as the K240's. Havent tried with any other music however.
Actually quiet small, i can fit them around my neck easy!
Also really comftorble, a bit tight, but i feel thatll go away after a few days.
May do a review in the future.
- Just bought a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50's, Worth it?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 6 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › I would appreciate some help for some bassy headphones. 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by harshkamboj
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by LMNproyect
- › ASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophiles by Vartan
- › Wireless Stereo Headset by Bugattikid2012
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)