ah. Thanks for that, i guess i wont buy an E3. I was however thinking the E11 (the desktop one) and maybe getting an E6 as something portable. All FiiO's amps are dirt cheap so i could get a few.
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on 4/23/14 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH-440 w/HPAEC840 pads vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 4/24/14 at 1:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I barely used them... got one pair and a few months later the left earpiece started cutting sound. The retail shop opened them and did a messy job, were working and then stopped. Got a 2nd pair,...
Wow...these cans seem to generate a lot of passion! Mr. Tech Agent's review below is a pretty tough act to follow, but I will try. 1st a quote from the literature that comes with the HD 650's:...
Final Audio Adagio III Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/744122/final-audio-adagio-iii-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Oh god,...
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
Just bought a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50's, Worth it? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Oh and i dont plan on just having the ATH-M50's, im thinking of getting a pair of decent headphones (around the 300 dollar mark) later on this year and would definetly need an amp for them. (I was thinking something along the likes of the K702, HD600 or the HE400) Also the K240 MKII's that i have at the moment work fine on my PC which has a good sound card, but plug them into my Sansa Clip + and the sound is good, but no where near as clear, crisp or loud as on my pc. (At the volume level of 6, it sounds like the volume level of the Soundmagic PL30's at volume level -12. ((Rockboxx has a max limit on the sound of 6, and that on the PL30's is eardrum blastingly loud))
Dude I'm from Australia to, and you can get them $110 easy WITH FREE SHIPPING.
anyway, the M50s are good. and i bet you can sell them for more then you bought them on Gumtree.com.au because they're pretty high in demand and theres like none on gumtree.
The e17 is very nice unit, clean small and adjustable.
I like the M50 for all round dance, hip hop and house. Just test out the amps in your price range and as i always say " if you cant hear the difference don't spend the money"
Well the M50's just arrived, the delivery guy just dropped em off.
Build Quality is super solid
Ear cups are really nice and soft, almost like the Beats earcups. (really the only good thing about the beats was the ear cups that were incredibly soft)
Sound quality is great! Im just listening to William Barbers Adagio For Strings recorded in a FLAC file and it sounds about as good as the K240's. Havent tried with any other music however.
Actually quiet small, i can fit them around my neck easy!
Also really comftorble, a bit tight, but i feel thatll go away after a few days.
May do a review in the future.
- Just bought a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50's, Worth it?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Lite DAC60 - PCM1704 R2R tubed DAC Mod Project 32 seconds ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E... 41 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › No difference in sound when trying various amps??!?!?! 1 minute ago
- › Need reference headphones using a Scarlett 2i2 1 minute ago
- › Best directional sound for headphones? Noob to audio 2 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Detail level and speed of headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic by GoldenGuy66
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)