ah. Thanks for that, i guess i wont buy an E3. I was however thinking the E11 (the desktop one) and maybe getting an E6 as something portable. All FiiO's amps are dirt cheap so i could get a few.
Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on 4/23/14 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH-440 w/HPAEC840 pads vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 4/24/14 at 1:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Review of the CEntrance HiFi M8 LX LX model = Optical input The CEntrance HiFi M8 has a lot of connection and feature combinations. This is the LX / XLR version. What is the...
Before I start my review, I wold like to Thank Penon Audio for providing me with a review loaner of DITA Audio The Answer headphones in exchange for my honest opinion. I tested and reviewed a...
Integrated amplifiers. We all know what they are, right? The classic definition involves having a power amplifier and a preamplifier integrated into the same chassis. Hence the name. It...
Will keep this review short but these are my impressions after a week of listening to a range of FLAC and a few HD files of every main genre of music: Sources used: FiiO X5 Sony...
Take the well received Akg K545, and add 50 dollars for a mic, amp, nfc, battery and Bluetooth capability. Is it worth it? TLDR, if you don’t have an amp and/or want bluetooth, put this in your top...
Just bought a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50's, Worth it? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Oh and i dont plan on just having the ATH-M50's, im thinking of getting a pair of decent headphones (around the 300 dollar mark) later on this year and would definetly need an amp for them. (I was thinking something along the likes of the K702, HD600 or the HE400) Also the K240 MKII's that i have at the moment work fine on my PC which has a good sound card, but plug them into my Sansa Clip + and the sound is good, but no where near as clear, crisp or loud as on my pc. (At the volume level of 6, it sounds like the volume level of the Soundmagic PL30's at volume level -12. ((Rockboxx has a max limit on the sound of 6, and that on the PL30's is eardrum blastingly loud))
Dude I'm from Australia to, and you can get them $110 easy WITH FREE SHIPPING.
anyway, the M50s are good. and i bet you can sell them for more then you bought them on Gumtree.com.au because they're pretty high in demand and theres like none on gumtree.
The e17 is very nice unit, clean small and adjustable.
I like the M50 for all round dance, hip hop and house. Just test out the amps in your price range and as i always say " if you cant hear the difference don't spend the money"
Well the M50's just arrived, the delivery guy just dropped em off.
Build Quality is super solid
Ear cups are really nice and soft, almost like the Beats earcups. (really the only good thing about the beats was the ear cups that were incredibly soft)
Sound quality is great! Im just listening to William Barbers Adagio For Strings recorded in a FLAC file and it sounds about as good as the K240's. Havent tried with any other music however.
Actually quiet small, i can fit them around my neck easy!
Also really comftorble, a bit tight, but i feel thatll go away after a few days.
May do a review in the future.
- Just bought a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50's, Worth it?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 21 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 43 seconds ago
- › iBasso PB-2 Pelican fully balanced portable, DB-2 Dac . . HiFlight... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What do I need to power Alesis MK II passives 3 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › DITA Audio The Answer by twister6
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by cs098
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by bodopopa
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by suman134
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by mlthelasher
- › Takstar TS-671 by paal0
- › Geben iDA-1 Portable Amp/DAC for iDevices by JoeDoe
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)