ah. Thanks for that, i guess i wont buy an E3. I was however thinking the E11 (the desktop one) and maybe getting an E6 as something portable. All FiiO's amps are dirt cheap so i could get a few.
Related Forum Threads
- Beginner looking for amp/DAC advice Last post on 2/13/15 at 11:38am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which ATH M50 to get ? Last post on 12/26/14 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio Technica ATH-M50S Last post on 8/17/14 at 3:59pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- asus b85m-g .. audio technica ath-m50 Last post on 5/29/14 at 4:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ear Fatigue After EQing (ATH-M50) Last post on 6/1/14 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
Just bought a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50's, Worth it? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Oh and i dont plan on just having the ATH-M50's, im thinking of getting a pair of decent headphones (around the 300 dollar mark) later on this year and would definetly need an amp for them. (I was thinking something along the likes of the K702, HD600 or the HE400) Also the K240 MKII's that i have at the moment work fine on my PC which has a good sound card, but plug them into my Sansa Clip + and the sound is good, but no where near as clear, crisp or loud as on my pc. (At the volume level of 6, it sounds like the volume level of the Soundmagic PL30's at volume level -12. ((Rockboxx has a max limit on the sound of 6, and that on the PL30's is eardrum blastingly loud))
Dude I'm from Australia to, and you can get them $110 easy WITH FREE SHIPPING.
anyway, the M50s are good. and i bet you can sell them for more then you bought them on Gumtree.com.au because they're pretty high in demand and theres like none on gumtree.
The e17 is very nice unit, clean small and adjustable.
I like the M50 for all round dance, hip hop and house. Just test out the amps in your price range and as i always say " if you cant hear the difference don't spend the money"
Well the M50's just arrived, the delivery guy just dropped em off.
Build Quality is super solid
Ear cups are really nice and soft, almost like the Beats earcups. (really the only good thing about the beats was the ear cups that were incredibly soft)
Sound quality is great! Im just listening to William Barbers Adagio For Strings recorded in a FLAC file and it sounds about as good as the K240's. Havent tried with any other music however.
Actually quiet small, i can fit them around my neck easy!
Also really comftorble, a bit tight, but i feel thatll go away after a few days.
May do a review in the future.
- Just bought a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50's, Worth it?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 2 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 8 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 14 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 41 seconds ago
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 50 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by SonicSedi
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2