ah. Thanks for that, i guess i wont buy an E3. I was however thinking the E11 (the desktop one) and maybe getting an E6 as something portable. All FiiO's amps are dirt cheap so i could get a few.
Related Forum Threads
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on 4/19/14 at 11:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH-440 w/HPAEC840 pads vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on Yesterday at 11:24 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH M50X vs Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro vs Shure SRH840 vs Beyerdynamic DT-770 Last post on 3/25/14 at 2:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need a 250$ headphones instad of my ATH M50 Last post on 2/22/14 at 8:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
Just bought a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50's, Worth it? - Page 2post #16 of 219/4/12 at 5:37amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 219/4/12 at 5:41amThread Starter
Oh and i dont plan on just having the ATH-M50's, im thinking of getting a pair of decent headphones (around the 300 dollar mark) later on this year and would definetly need an amp for them. (I was thinking something along the likes of the K702, HD600 or the HE400) Also the K240 MKII's that i have at the moment work fine on my PC which has a good sound card, but plug them into my Sansa Clip + and the sound is good, but no where near as clear, crisp or loud as on my pc. (At the volume level of 6, it sounds like the volume level of the Soundmagic PL30's at volume level -12. ((Rockboxx has a max limit on the sound of 6, and that on the PL30's is eardrum blastingly loud))
And yeah.post #18 of 219/4/12 at 5:50amThread Starterpost #19 of 219/4/12 at 6:00am
Dude I'm from Australia to, and you can get them $110 easy WITH FREE SHIPPING.
anyway, the M50s are good. and i bet you can sell them for more then you bought them on Gumtree.com.au because they're pretty high in demand and theres like none on gumtree.post #20 of 219/4/12 at 6:04am
The e17 is very nice unit, clean small and adjustable.
I like the M50 for all round dance, hip hop and house. Just test out the amps in your price range and as i always say " if you cant hear the difference don't spend the money"
happy listening.post #21 of 219/4/12 at 4:10pmThread Starter
Well the M50's just arrived, the delivery guy just dropped em off.
Build Quality is super solid
Ear cups are really nice and soft, almost like the Beats earcups. (really the only good thing about the beats was the ear cups that were incredibly soft)
Sound quality is great! Im just listening to William Barbers Adagio For Strings recorded in a FLAC file and it sounds about as good as the K240's. Havent tried with any other music however.
Actually quiet small, i can fit them around my neck easy!
Also really comftorble, a bit tight, but i feel thatll go away after a few days.
May do a review in the future.
- Just bought a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50's, Worth it?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Binaural suggestions? 53 seconds ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 2 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 3 minutes ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impression and... 3 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio x5 vs Ibasso dx90 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude