Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser Gains New MOMENTUM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser Gains New MOMENTUM - Page 28

post #406 of 460

Ʌ  Yes, we're in the midst of shipping the MOMENTUM now. Best to check with your nearest authorized Sennheiser dealer on availability.  

post #407 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosmadi Mahmood View Post

Ʌ  Yes, we're in the midst of shipping the MOMENTUM now. Best to check with your nearest authorized Sennheiser dealer on availability.  


Will Best Buy carry them?


Edited by Craigster75 - 9/24/12 at 6:44am
post #408 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosmadi Mahmood View Post

Ʌ  Yes, we're in the midst of shipping the MOMENTUM now. Best to check with your nearest authorized Sennheiser dealer on availability.  

So, no more apple exclusive??? 

post #409 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towwers View Post

So, no more apple exclusive??? 


We already know it is not an Apple exclusive since razordogdeals.com was selling them.  It would seem Sennheiser has enough confidence and expectation for Momentum that they don't want to limit to just Apple stores.  A good sign.

post #410 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


Will Best Buy carry them?

 

They will be carried is select Magnolia Home Theater locations.  If your local MHT has the live headphone display, they should be getting these in stock in the coming weeks.  

post #411 of 460

Like how these appeared out of nowhere and they are already shipping, compared to M100 which every1 knew about for months and is such a pain to wait for to be released, I prefer it when the products are kept secret and then BAM it appears out of nowhere.

post #412 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


We already know it is not an Apple exclusive since razordogdeals.com was selling them.  It would seem Sennheiser has enough confidence and expectation for Momentum that they don't want to limit to just Apple stores.  A good sign.

mmmmhhh that¬īs true I totally forgot about razordogdeals.com¬†

I actually don¬īt like the apple exclusives they never make price reductions.

post #413 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

Like how these appeared out of nowhere and they are already shipping, compared to M100 which every1 knew about for months and is such a pain to wait for to be released, I prefer it when the products are kept secret and then BAM it appears out of nowhere.


+1 big time, now starting to have a bad taste in my mouth toward V-Moda as a result

post #414 of 460

Not for me. Personally, I feel it's been a rare opportunity to be in the know about the development process of the M-100 with the CEO, himself, interacting with us, getting input and filling us in. Sure there have been some delays but V-MODA is a family-owned business and throughout all this, they've been taking in head-fiers' feedback and tuning the sound and features to our much higher standards. How many companies do you know of that take the time to tune a headphone this meticulously to the customers' requests/desires via the input would give them directly? 

 

Perhaps, I just have a different mindset when it comes to these things. I think it's a little unfair to condemn a company for giving you info about a headphone before it launches vs. another company (which is much bigger and more well-known btw) unexpectedly releasing a new headphone (i.e. you would not be condemning V-MODA if they released a headphone unexpectedly - however, as a result of the lack of interaction with our little HF community beforehand, it's highly possible the M-100 would not be anywhere close to reaching its potential the way it will now because of our input).

 

In the end, it's all about whether you can handle the waiting game or not. If you can't, you are most likely bound to be disappointed. I have been waiting for the headphone since I received the M-80 (I even personally PMed Val about it a year ago) and sure, I was waiting for it throughout the winter... spring... summer.... and now fall. I am however, not agitated in the slightest because I'm completely okay with V-MODA taking the time to make the M-100 the absolute best it can be whether this involves tuning, final QC touches, packaging, etc.

 

I apologize for the OT; I just had to put my 2 cents there. On with the Momentum. 

post #415 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by roma101 View Post

Not for me. Personally, I feel it's been a rare opportunity to be in the know about the development process of the M-100 with the CEO, himself, interacting with us, getting input and filling us in. Sure there have been some delays but V-MODA is a family-owned business and throughout all this, they've been taking in head-fiers' feedback and tuning the sound and features to our much higher standards. How many companies do you know of that take the time to tune a headphone this meticulously to the customers' requests/desires via the input would give them directly? 

 

Perhaps, I just have a different mindset when it comes to these things. I think it's a little unfair to condemn a company for giving you info about a headphone before it launches vs. another company (which is much bigger and more well-known btw) unexpectedly releasing a new headphone (i.e. you would not be condemning V-MODA if they released a headphone unexpectedly - however, as a result of the lack of interaction with our little HF community beforehand, it's highly possible the M-100 would not be anywhere close to reaching its potential the way it will now because of our input).

 

In the end, it's all about whether you can handle the waiting game or not. If you can't, you are most likely bound to be disappointed. I have been waiting for the headphone since I received the M-80 (I even personally PMed Val about it a year ago) and sure, I was waiting for it throughout the winter... spring... summer.... and now fall. I am however, not agitated in the slightest because I'm completely okay with V-MODA taking the time to make the M-100 the absolute best it can be whether this involves tuning, final QC touches, packaging, etc.

 

I apologize for the OT; I just had to put my 2 cents there. On with the Momentum. 


I completely understand where you are coming from and admit you have a healthier attitude toward this than me.  Information, collaboration and inclusion is great.  It is the misinformation with 4 or more  M-100 release estimates that have come and gone that has me miffed.  I'm sure all will be forgotten once we have them, but it seems that most other companies, including Sennheiser, understand the confidence it instills in their company to release products when they say they will.  By the same token, it would be great for companies like Sennheiser to have a more collaborative approach with end users and have the perfect audience here, perhaps Momentum's earpads would be larger as a result :)


Edited by Craigster75 - 9/24/12 at 3:10pm
post #416 of 460

Nicely said Roma.. looking for a good closed can and after my experience with the M80's, I'm looking forward to the M100 and comparisons the the Momentum.

Patience Padewans.. it's coming.

post #417 of 460

Yes, Sennheiser may get the products out but it concerns me when my $200 M80 have better construction than my $1,000 HD700. I'd rather they do it right! There was so much anticipation (and a delay or two) for the HD700 and the overall impression is 'lunch-bag letdown', though I love mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


I completely understand where you are coming from and admit you have a healthier attitude toward this than me.  Information, collaboration and inclusion is great.  It is the misinformation with 4 or more  M-100 release estimates that have come and gone that has me miffed.  I'm sure all will be forgotten once we have them, but it seems that most other companies, including Sennheiser, understand the confidence it instills in their company to release products when they say they will.

post #418 of 460

Well for me sound quality is what matters. I use only the headphones at home and just "lift it up/down" from my desk so therefore build quality and looks isn't too important. :P Unfortunately Sennheiser hasn't really typically had the sound signatures I'm after, the Momentum might be closer though. I happen to have this taste towards "on-the-go, bass bumped modiophile"  with bumped bass sound signature but nicely balanced mids & highs which these Momentum, M100, MDR-1R, Yamaha PRO series, AKG Tiesto etc seemed to be marketed towards. It's nice with good looks and build quality alright but I'm interested in them 90% for the sound. xD


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 9/24/12 at 3:43pm
post #419 of 460

I'm selling my M80 to buy the M100. Sennheiser Momentum vs V-moda m100, I'ts going to be a fun comparison!smily_headphones1.gif

post #420 of 460

 

 

Listening to the Momentum and Amperior right now...

 

 

Starting out with build.  I feel as though the Momentum wins hands down.  To me, the Amperior feels like a fairly cheap headphone.  Save for the aluminum ear cups, the rest is plastic.  The most suspect pieces are the plastic slides that are used to adjust the ear cups.  I am just not confident that these would hold up well over time.  The Momentum obviously uses a metal headband and overall just feels like a more solid package.  The leather on the headband looks well stitched and the logo's appear to be laser etched on small metal badges vs. the poorly painted on logo's that the Amperior has.  This is really no comparison.  Anyone that sees both of these headphones will find that the build and feel of these headphones are on opposite sides of the spectrum.  

 

Comfort.  I found the Amperior very comfortable.  The felt-like ear pads stay fairly cool during long listening sessions and the headphones are fairly easy to position correctly.  A few criticisms though are the clamping force feels a little tight and the adjustment sliders don't like to hold their position while you make minor adjustments.  The Momentum is really just as comfortable, but in a different way.  The leather touch-points on the ear pads and the inside of the headband are very soft and feel good to the touch.  Since this is a circumaural, there is little to no pressure on the ear.  Ear cup size, as discussed, is a little on the small side.  Luckily, this was not an issue as my ears fit perfectly inside the headphones.  Clamping force is less than the Amperior, but still very firm.  Neither headphone is going anywhere while you move around.  A criticism of the Momentum would be that while the leather appears to be great quality, it is still leather, and does get a little warm over long listening sessions.  I would give this to the Momentum, though it is fairly close.  Most that like one, may not like the other though.  Again, they are very different in the way they fit.  

 

Sound.  This one was a little harder to judge.  Again, very different headphones.  The Amperior does have a more neutral sound signature for starters, with the punch up in bass on the Momentum quite obvious.  It wasn't so much that it ruined the sound for me though.  It was dependent on the genre.  For classic rock, like Skynyrd, I felt it took away from the overall sound, clouding the vocals a little bit. The bass was deeper, but much less precise than the Amperior.  That said, it was still more precise than other lesser forms of cans.  On O.A.R. though, I kind of liked the Momentum version.  The vocals were high enough frequency to escape the low end fiddling by Sennheiser, which allowed both to jump out on the track.  Both headphones were incredibly detailed, though the Amperior being less affected by enhanced bass seemed to come across a little more articulate.  I would fault the Amperior for being a little shrill, though this is less apparent when not A/B'ing the two.  I would have to give the edge, overall, to the Amperior.  I will say though that I tend to prefer neutral headphones.  If you like a little additional bass though, the Momentum is a STRONG contender.  I would really like to hear a version with less bass, and maybe a machined aluminum ear cup!  Combined, they would really be the best of both worlds.  The fit, finish and style of the Momentum, with the sound of the Amperior!  I can dream, can't I?

 

It would be a hard choice considering all of the above factors, to decide on one for myself.  I am a sucker for a well designed product, made with premium materials.  On the other hand, I am quite critical of unnatural sounding audio.  I would probably buy the Amperior to wear at home, and the Momentum to wear in public...  

 

For reference, I listened to both headphones via my Pioneer Elite SX-A9MK2-K 2ch integrated amp.  I listened to various tracks/genres encoded in ALAC out to the Burr-Brown USB DAC on the aforementioned amp.        


Edited by Speakerphile - 9/24/12 at 9:07pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Sennheiser Gains New MOMENTUM