Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › TDK IE800 Dual High-Performance Dynamic Micro-Drivers IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TDK IE800 Dual High-Performance Dynamic Micro-Drivers IEM

post #1 of 354
Thread Starter 

 I just recently noticed that on Treoo Website . http://treoo.com/store/index.php/main/tdk-ie800-signature-in-ear-earphone.html

 

At first, I thought it was Sennheiser IE800 as the names are quite similar. blink.gif

And I realised that they stated Dual Dynamic Drivers and I can't imagine of how its sound signature would. 

 

It seems great except the flat cable design I don't like. Their previous flagship TDK BA200 was my favorite. it served me pretty well but then the flag cable designs started to spoil. It really disappoints me .  I've searched around and can't find any info about it. thus, I am wondering if anyone have ever used/reviewed the impression before.

 

 

 

According to the spec stated there. 

 

 

Quote:
technical specifications

plug type: 3.5 mm gold-plated
driver: 8mm + 5.8 mm
driver type: dual dynamic
frequency response: 20 hz to 20 khz
sensitivity: 116db / v
impedance: 10 ohms @ 1khz
cord length: 1.3 m

package contents
- TDk ie800 signature in-ear earphone
- storage pouch
- shirt clip
- 5 ear tips sets (s, m, l silicone and m comply™ foam in 2 styles) 

post #2 of 354

Very interesting, i believe the ST750 High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones also launched recently. Really curious on how these and the TDK BA700 sounds like. Is it because of poor distribution networks that tdk doesnt get much exposure in the west? Treoo carries these models btw. Hopefully we will get reviews soon :)

post #3 of 354
Thread Starter 

You can try at that model at current IT Fair with a price tag 189 SGD . 

 

I thought of getting one and only thing that stops me to buy is its design .. it's significantly came out from ear like TF10 .

Well, I enjoyed the sound though. Analytical enough for me . 

 

 

 

 

I guess they just launched this model for that IT fair and as you can see, it's very new. 

post #4 of 354

my brief 5 sec impressions at the IT Fair with this was that its signature and technical level was close to my gr07... at least compared to the ba200 beside it. the ba200 was too piercing for my taste.. =/

post #5 of 354

hmm, seems very interesting. and the price isn't too high...

post #6 of 354

Woa. Its name is disturbingly similar to Sennheiser's IE800 which is yet to be out, only reports so far.

post #7 of 354

It bass awesome but soundstage lesser then BA200

post #8 of 354

Hmmmm i am very interested to see how these sound.  The eph-100 uses micro drivers and they create a beautiul sound unlike anything i have heard before...... so imagine what could be possible with duals.  5.5mm for the highs and mids with the 8mm thumping the bass etysmile.gif  as I said the yams only use 1 and its 6mm.  

 

Shame about the cables though as i like to go over ear!

post #9 of 354

Bump.

 

A little talk about these scattered across threads but not one review yet. Has anyone found a review on another site?

post #10 of 354

Start reading from here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-ericp10-take-tdk-dual-dynamic-ie800-pg-354-ele-hi-fi-usb-18-dac-pg-328/5295#post_8914106

post #11 of 354
I have been looking for these, but I don't think they are available in my country. The only way would be to order online, which I don't like because of the wait time.
post #12 of 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annafrancesca View Post

I have been looking for these, but I don't think they are available in my country. The only way would be to order online, which I don't like because of the wait time.

You do realize that with that kind of thinking you'll have much less to choose from, right? I for example have to order almost everything online and wait about couple of weeks or even more...
post #13 of 354

Well I am interested in these and I found these places you can buy them from:

 

US:

$149.99

 

http://www.adorama.com/TDK61975.html

 

And for everywhere else but Japan (duh!):

$179.99

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TDK-signature-sound-IE-800-/150924115788?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D4201762719232012967%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D150924115788%26

 

Please don't buy them all up, as I am still saving my pennies.biggrin.gif


Edited by kAbUZi - 12/16/12 at 10:35am
post #14 of 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post

You do realize that with that kind of thinking you'll have much less to choose from, right? I for example have to order almost everything online and wait about couple of weeks or even more...

Yes I do. I didn't want to mention it, but Amazon, ebay and a few other online sites do not ship to my country. There are options like JAC, but it adds risk to the risky and cost to the costly. Maybe one day I might try it with small items. But for $150 IEM, I am a bit scared. smily_headphones1.gif
post #15 of 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by kAbUZi View Post

Well I am interested in these and I found these places you can buy them from:

US:
$149.99

http://www.adorama.com/TDK61975.html

And for everywhere else but Japan (duh!):
$179.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TDK-signature-sound-IE-800-/150924115788?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D4201762719232012967%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D150924115788%26

Please don't buy them all up, as I am still saving my pennies.biggrin.gif

Thanks, appreciate the help. smily_headphones1.gif at this price/performance ratio, people may jump on it though smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › TDK IE800 Dual High-Performance Dynamic Micro-Drivers IEM