Hey Doc, for a christmas gift i wanna buy some 20 buck phones, which one of these from ur list u think would give the best fun v-shaped sound ?? MH1, SHE3580 or the JVC-HAFX40, thanx in advance man
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/12
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 9/8/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 9/14/12
- productJVC HAS400B Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/26/12
- productJVC HAS400W Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (White)tagged by System, 10/26/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/3/12
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 9/3/12
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 8/30/12
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/29/12More
- productSennheiser CX 200 In Ear Canal Ear budtagged by System, 9/3/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 8/29/12
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 8/29/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's Last post on 8/8/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please help me find a suitable around-ear headphone Last post on 2/12/14 at 2:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Earphones Under £70 Last post on 12/15/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS - Page 16
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 24212/25/12 at 10:43amThread StarterQuote:
Sorry for the delay. Just got back from vacation. Hope you found what you are looking for. I would still say the mh1 with tape mod is my fav of those three.
Happy holidays.post #228 of 24212/30/12 at 9:52am
I got into this thread after purchasing a pair of JVC FX67s, while I can't compare them to anything else, I think they sound amazing for the price ($20) are are a lot more engaging than the Shure SRH440s. they are a dark headphone, a little more than my taste, but after listening to them all night, I got used to them and now sound fun but not overly dark... Now I'm really wondering for their flagship . Since I wanted to get SE215s but apparently they are not so over-performing. Would you say Ety's HF5 are the best buy for $100??post #229 of 24212/31/12 at 9:45pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Leveler
I got into this thread after purchasing a pair of JVC FX67s, while I can't compare them to anything else, I think they sound amazing for the price ($20) are are a lot more engaging than the Shure SRH440s. they are a dark headphone, a little more than my taste, but after listening to them all night, I got used to them and now sound fun but not overly dark... Now I'm really wondering for their flagship . Since I wanted to get SE215s but apparently they are not so over-performing. Would you say Ety's HF5 are the best buy for $100??
Yes JVC really has been turning out some good products as of late. And their new flagship got some really favorable comments from Amos (Currawong).
I don't have those ety's to comment on the value for $100.post #230 of 24212/31/12 at 10:58pmQuote:
Thanks for the info, and happy new year to you and all the Head-Fi Community! I've only been here for a couple of months and I feel right at home.
What IEMs for around $100 you've heard and really liked?
I'm currently taking a look at the Rockit R-50post #231 of 2421/26/13 at 11:00am
anyone around here knows a headphone similar to the s500 in both portability and sound, but with only single sided cable and better soundstage?
btw: my uptowns have nowhere near the bass quantity the s500 has...post #232 of 2424/4/13 at 5:41ampost #233 of 2425/25/13 at 4:21ampost #234 of 2425/25/13 at 11:25pmQuote:
Only if you want to strangle yourself with the cable!
Sorry, just kidding.. kinda. I don't know anything about the cx200's. The mh1c's are very nice sounding iem's for the price (mids are a bit recessed for me personally), but it is the cable that stops me from touching them.post #235 of 2425/28/13 at 6:38amThank you, because of this thread I bought Sony MH1C (for 60 buck in my country) and it sounds incredibly beautiful. To level Philips 3590 can't equal (yeah I bought 3590 too because of this thread).
Very all rounded, tunable to every EQ settings, just sound the way you want, distort free and sound powerful. I use it behind the neck and really enjoy it so far
Edited by XtremeCheater - 5/30/13 at 5:40pmpost #236 of 2427/6/13 at 7:47am
I would like toshow you guys the incredible, fantastical, and quite moddible HD 439's
these headphones are fantasticly fun when tuned because you get a signature sennheiser laidback sound sig. plus a great amount of bass that extends with a nice punchy force and they are incredibly light and comfy, these in my opinion compete with the headphones like the qc-2's hd 558's and a couple others I seem to forgetpost #237 of 2427/6/13 at 7:53ampost #238 of 2427/6/13 at 9:29ampost #239 of 2427/6/13 at 10:25ampost #240 of 2427/6/13 at 10:38amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 14 seconds ago
- › WTB: DNA Stratus 2A3 1 minute ago
- › Battlefield 4 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 2 minutes ago
- › XLR vs SE headphone cable 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50s 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E... 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude