Hey Doc, for a christmas gift i wanna buy some 20 buck phones, which one of these from ur list u think would give the best fun v-shaped sound ?? MH1, SHE3580 or the JVC-HAFX40, thanx in advance man
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/12
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 9/8/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 9/14/12
- productJVC HAS400B Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/27/12
- productJVC HAS400W Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (White)tagged by System, 10/27/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/3/12
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 9/3/12
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 8/30/12
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/30/12More
- productSennheiser CX 200 In Ear Canal Ear budtagged by System, 9/3/12
- productShure SE215 Cleartagged by System, 8/30/12
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 8/30/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's Last post on 8/8/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Presenting the Chord&Major Tonal Earphone Collection Last post on 11/19/13 at 6:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Does it make sense to buy IEM's that match the DAC? Last post on 7/21/13 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS - Page 16
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 24212/25/12 at 10:43amThread StarterQuote:
Sorry for the delay. Just got back from vacation. Hope you found what you are looking for. I would still say the mh1 with tape mod is my fav of those three.
Happy holidays.post #228 of 24212/30/12 at 9:52am
I got into this thread after purchasing a pair of JVC FX67s, while I can't compare them to anything else, I think they sound amazing for the price ($20) are are a lot more engaging than the Shure SRH440s. they are a dark headphone, a little more than my taste, but after listening to them all night, I got used to them and now sound fun but not overly dark... Now I'm really wondering for their flagship . Since I wanted to get SE215s but apparently they are not so over-performing. Would you say Ety's HF5 are the best buy for $100??post #229 of 24212/31/12 at 9:45pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Leveler
I got into this thread after purchasing a pair of JVC FX67s, while I can't compare them to anything else, I think they sound amazing for the price ($20) are are a lot more engaging than the Shure SRH440s. they are a dark headphone, a little more than my taste, but after listening to them all night, I got used to them and now sound fun but not overly dark... Now I'm really wondering for their flagship . Since I wanted to get SE215s but apparently they are not so over-performing. Would you say Ety's HF5 are the best buy for $100??
Yes JVC really has been turning out some good products as of late. And their new flagship got some really favorable comments from Amos (Currawong).
I don't have those ety's to comment on the value for $100.post #230 of 24212/31/12 at 10:58pmQuote:
Thanks for the info, and happy new year to you and all the Head-Fi Community! I've only been here for a couple of months and I feel right at home.
What IEMs for around $100 you've heard and really liked?
I'm currently taking a look at the Rockit R-50post #231 of 2421/26/13 at 11:00am
anyone around here knows a headphone similar to the s500 in both portability and sound, but with only single sided cable and better soundstage?
btw: my uptowns have nowhere near the bass quantity the s500 has...post #232 of 2424/4/13 at 5:41ampost #233 of 2425/25/13 at 4:21ampost #234 of 2425/25/13 at 11:25pmQuote:
Only if you want to strangle yourself with the cable!
Sorry, just kidding.. kinda. I don't know anything about the cx200's. The mh1c's are very nice sounding iem's for the price (mids are a bit recessed for me personally), but it is the cable that stops me from touching them.post #235 of 2425/28/13 at 6:38amThank you, because of this thread I bought Sony MH1C (for 60 buck in my country) and it sounds incredibly beautiful. To level Philips 3590 can't equal (yeah I bought 3590 too because of this thread).
Very all rounded, tunable to every EQ settings, just sound the way you want, distort free and sound powerful. I use it behind the neck and really enjoy it so far
Edited by XtremeCheater - 5/30/13 at 5:40pmpost #236 of 2427/6/13 at 7:47am
I would like toshow you guys the incredible, fantastical, and quite moddible HD 439's
these headphones are fantasticly fun when tuned because you get a signature sennheiser laidback sound sig. plus a great amount of bass that extends with a nice punchy force and they are incredibly light and comfy, these in my opinion compete with the headphones like the qc-2's hd 558's and a couple others I seem to forgetpost #237 of 2427/6/13 at 7:53ampost #238 of 2427/6/13 at 9:29ampost #239 of 2427/6/13 at 10:25ampost #240 of 2427/6/13 at 10:38amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 13 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 Appreciation Society 14 seconds ago
- › what do I need to know about teeth whitening? 1 minute ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 1 minute ago
- › Singapore Head-Fi Meet 8th December 2013 [Pictures] 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: HisoundAudio BA100 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Need help for the best "closed" or "semi-closed' over ear for... 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA7 Silver Brand New 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi