Doc how would you compare the sound between the S400's and the Uptowns??
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/12
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 9/8/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 9/14/12
- productJVC HAS400B Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/26/12
- productJVC HAS400W Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (White)tagged by System, 10/26/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/3/12
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 9/3/12
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 8/30/12
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/29/12More
- productSennheiser CX 200 In Ear Canal Ear budtagged by System, 9/3/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 8/29/12
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 8/29/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's Last post on 8/8/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please help me find a suitable around-ear headphone Last post on 2/12/14 at 2:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Earphones Under £70 Last post on 12/15/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
The other reviewer said enough and in detail, so I will limit myself in giving my very brief opinion of their sound. Later on in the Forum, in the "Huge Comparison" thread, I will make a sort of...
I have tested 16 BT Headphones for weeks. I have opened a Thread about this huge comparison, on the Forum. I know that tastes are tastes. So I will never say that my opinion is "better". But...
OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Since you can get the TDK BA200 for around $150 they are an amazing IEM and maybe my favorite IEM I've heard this year out of the 30 some odd I've listened to. I'm going to compare them to my friends W4 to see just how good of a universal IEM they are and what I remember from the last time I heard the W4 the BA200 will compete very well with them. If these don't qualify as an overachiever than nothing should.
Edited by Techno Kid - 11/16/12 at 7:03am
Yessir.... I would pick up a pair. Be warned about the cable. Its a bit weird but sound is impressive.
I couldn't tell you i don't have the 1001. Thats a good question id like to compare them.
I would say they are gunna be similar sounding with smoother highs than the s500 and similarly emphasized bass. Not fast and punchy but not slow either and loose either. The uptowns are gunna have more detail and slightly more space than the s400.
Believe it or not i never directly compared them to the s400. My s400 are with a husband and wife who are buddies of mine along with 5 other pairs of phones im letting them try. Let me reserve my official answer for when i get them back.
Edited by Doc-holliday - 11/14/12 at 9:51am
My list for sub $50
1. DUNU Trident
Great bass amount and punch for entry price, warm and quite balance sound. Pretty fun to listen to. around ＄40
2. Brainwavz M5
More analytical model than Trident SQ is great for the price range $46 probably. It's alternate choice of Trident
My over-achievers for <= $120: Sony XBA-3 iem. Awesome.
My over-achievers for <= $70: JVC S500 headphone. Awesome.
My over-achievers for under $30: KSC 75 headphone (on headband) and Sony MH1C iem. Both awesome!
Good question. I don't know because I have never tried the S400. But based on what I have read, if I had them I am pretty confident that they would be added to my "over-achievers for under $30" list.
Even though I have been smitten with my S500's, whenever I put on my KSC75's, I am always very impressed with the SQ. Not a huge soundstage, but a very nice, detailed and balanced sound with very nice mids. And yes, they are very light and comfortable on the ears. But if isolation is important, they have practically none.
One problem is finding the Parts Express headband for a good price. Actually, you can buy it for $1.95, but the shipping is where they will gouge you.
$7? That's not bad. I paid way more.
And here, I'll make the decision for you: get both!
Short answer?...... Sony, hands down.
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 30 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! iBasso D-Zero Mk2 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 6 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)