Doc how would you compare the sound between the S400's and the Uptowns??
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/29/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/12
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 9/8/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 9/14/12
- productJVC HAS400B Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/26/12
- productJVC HAS400W Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (White)tagged by System, 10/26/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 9/3/12
- productKoss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphonestagged by System, 9/3/12
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 8/30/12
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/29/12More
- productSennheiser CX 200 In Ear Canal Ear budtagged by System, 9/3/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 8/29/12
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 8/29/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 8/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's Last post on 8/8/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please help me find a suitable around-ear headphone Last post on 2/12/14 at 2:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Earphones Under £70 Last post on 12/15/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
The review will comming soon
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 24211/13/12 at 6:05am
Since you can get the TDK BA200 for around $150 they are an amazing IEM and maybe my favorite IEM I've heard this year out of the 30 some odd I've listened to. I'm going to compare them to my friends W4 to see just how good of a universal IEM they are and what I remember from the last time I heard the W4 the BA200 will compete very well with them. If these don't qualify as an overachiever than nothing should.
Edited by Techno Kid - 11/16/12 at 7:03ampost #183 of 24211/13/12 at 10:51amThread StarterQuote:
Yessir.... I would pick up a pair. Be warned about the cable. Its a bit weird but sound is impressive.
I couldn't tell you i don't have the 1001. Thats a good question id like to compare them.post #184 of 24211/13/12 at 10:58amThread StarterQuote:
I would say they are gunna be similar sounding with smoother highs than the s500 and similarly emphasized bass. Not fast and punchy but not slow either and loose either. The uptowns are gunna have more detail and slightly more space than the s400.
Believe it or not i never directly compared them to the s400. My s400 are with a husband and wife who are buddies of mine along with 5 other pairs of phones im letting them try. Let me reserve my official answer for when i get them back.
Edited by Doc-holliday - 11/14/12 at 9:51ampost #185 of 24211/13/12 at 12:29pmpost #186 of 24211/13/12 at 6:42pm
My list for sub $50
1. DUNU Trident
Great bass amount and punch for entry price, warm and quite balance sound. Pretty fun to listen to. around ＄40
2. Brainwavz M5
More analytical model than Trident SQ is great for the price range $46 probably. It's alternate choice of Tridentpost #187 of 24211/13/12 at 7:05pm
My over-achievers for <= $120: Sony XBA-3 iem. Awesome.
My over-achievers for <= $70: JVC S500 headphone. Awesome.
My over-achievers for under $30: KSC 75 headphone (on headband) and Sony MH1C iem. Both awesome!post #188 of 24211/14/12 at 2:12ampost #189 of 24211/14/12 at 8:18am
Good question. I don't know because I have never tried the S400. But based on what I have read, if I had them I am pretty confident that they would be added to my "over-achievers for under $30" list.post #190 of 24211/14/12 at 8:47ampost #191 of 24211/14/12 at 9:04amQuote:
Even though I have been smitten with my S500's, whenever I put on my KSC75's, I am always very impressed with the SQ. Not a huge soundstage, but a very nice, detailed and balanced sound with very nice mids. And yes, they are very light and comfortable on the ears. But if isolation is important, they have practically none.
One problem is finding the Parts Express headband for a good price. Actually, you can buy it for $1.95, but the shipping is where they will gouge you.post #192 of 24211/14/12 at 9:21amI don't care much for isolation, hence the consideration. Parts Express do rip you off on shipping but $7 in total is not too bad after all. Man, I need to make up my mind... Such a massive amount at stake! :)post #193 of 24211/14/12 at 10:18amQuote:
$7? That's not bad. I paid way more.
And here, I'll make the decision for you: get both!post #194 of 24211/14/12 at 11:50ampost #195 of 24211/14/12 at 11:56amThread StarterQuote:
Short answer?...... Sony, hands down.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- OVER-PERFORMING, OVER-ACHIEVING Headphones/IEMs for their price range. Top cost effective cans/IEMS
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Chord Hugo 3 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 38 seconds ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Appreciation Thread+Review 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › Story of a New Reviewer: kimvictor 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Best Stores in Manhattan to Demo Headphones Before You Buy Them 4 minutes ago
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude