Have you tried the D7 with the HD650? Is the synergy good?
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- HD650 on sale Last post on 11/20/14 at 3:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD600 for trade with HD650 or something else. Last post on 11/11/14 at 2:01pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Looking for a close and portable version of HD 650 Last post on 11/22/14 at 9:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 and AKG K712 Last post on 11/19/14 at 9:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Orpheus HE60 Pads for the HD650? Last post on 11/10/14 at 4:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
I bought these at less than half retail on a whim from Audio Advisor, looking to replace my aging Sennheiser HD 580's. Look at the picture...these are VERY NICELY made headphones! All aluminum...
The HM5 Velours are quite simply, an uber-comfortable pad for HM5/Shure/Beyer/ATH/(most large circumaural headphones). I was offered a review sample from Brainwavz and have the following to say...
Almost 2 months with these gems. I simply love these IEMs. I paired them against my Shure SE215 and the Havi B3 Pro 1 and I briefly pit them against the UE700s and Klipsch S4II. I am definitely no...
This is my first proper set of over ears, and I'm quite surprised! The bass is fast, punchy and has enough weight to satisfy the slight basshead in me. The treble is a bit laid back for me, and I...
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
Budget Amp for HD650: Better than O2, E9, Asgard, P4... - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I tried this combination today: to my ear it is a very good, maybe even a perfect match. The HD650 sounded warm, but not dark. Lots of detail, clarity and space. I'd be very happy with this combo.
Yup, I'm a picky one. All of the above amps are fine. But I still think I liked my Just Audio AHA-120 (now sold off... sigh) better than all of the above amps w/ the HD650. The dynamics of the AHA-120 were just really good for a portable and I thought I'd have no problem getting a budget desktop better than a portable, since I didn't need an expensive portable amp! I really liked the synergy between the AHA-120 and the HD650. It was a remarkably transparent amp that still had some sparkle in the treble and heft in the bass, while letting the HD650 mids be themselves. It was a winner and now I need to replace it.
I know lots of you haven't heard the AHA-120 but here I am. The O2 was not bad but felt thin and constrained; the E9, Asgard and P4 were all fine, with lots of raw power but were lacking finesse. They all seemed less nuanced than the AHA-120.
I've read a ton of threads. What am I missing? Am I out of options?
Probably looking under $200, with maybe some flex. I've got an ODAC now but I'd be willing to get a combo unit if it were the best option ($300-350). No desire for it to be portable, though am fine if it is.
If a desktop unit is no problem go for a good stereo amplifier with a good headphone out. New, used and vintage you can find good good stuff within your budget...
The D7 is my least favourite DAC that I have tried so far. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. As for the pairing, I don't think that would be good even if you did want it because the D7's amp is pretty dark. From what I know of the HD650 that's not really what you want to improve it. The only positive thing I can say is that it seems to drive harder to drive headphones better than sensitive ones.
Here's my review of the D7: http://noblehifi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/ibasso-d7-sidewinder-review.html
Edited by Quadpatch - 9/2/12 at 11:48pm
Besides a Lovely Cube or supposedly a NFB,why don't you try out a Sicphone amp? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1682246865/sicphones-a-high-end-silicon-carbide-headphone-amp Tyll talked about it in his September updated on Innerfidelity.
- Budget Amp for HD650: Better than O2, E9, Asgard, P4...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › [IC] Bryston BDA-2 Silver 2 seconds ago
- › [IC] Bryston BDA-2 Silver 50 seconds ago
- › IEM recommendation 53 seconds ago
- › [IC] Bryston BDA-2 Silver 1 minute ago
- › DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3 2 minutes ago
- › [IC] Bryston BDA-2 Silver 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › [IC] Bryston BDA-2 Silver 3 minutes ago
- › Detail level and speed of headphones 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-300 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by JoeDoe
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by audiobean
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by donnot
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)