Have you tried the D7 with the HD650? Is the synergy good?
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTT - Sennheiser HD650 LNIB and K702 (austrian LNIB) for high end IEMS/Closed over ears Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:38am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vinyl Flat Can Opener + AudioSource Amp-100 Last post on 7/2/14 at 3:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Budget Amp for HD650: Better than O2, E9, Asgard, P4... - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I tried this combination today: to my ear it is a very good, maybe even a perfect match. The HD650 sounded warm, but not dark. Lots of detail, clarity and space. I'd be very happy with this combo.
Yup, I'm a picky one. All of the above amps are fine. But I still think I liked my Just Audio AHA-120 (now sold off... sigh) better than all of the above amps w/ the HD650. The dynamics of the AHA-120 were just really good for a portable and I thought I'd have no problem getting a budget desktop better than a portable, since I didn't need an expensive portable amp! I really liked the synergy between the AHA-120 and the HD650. It was a remarkably transparent amp that still had some sparkle in the treble and heft in the bass, while letting the HD650 mids be themselves. It was a winner and now I need to replace it.
I know lots of you haven't heard the AHA-120 but here I am. The O2 was not bad but felt thin and constrained; the E9, Asgard and P4 were all fine, with lots of raw power but were lacking finesse. They all seemed less nuanced than the AHA-120.
I've read a ton of threads. What am I missing? Am I out of options?
Probably looking under $200, with maybe some flex. I've got an ODAC now but I'd be willing to get a combo unit if it were the best option ($300-350). No desire for it to be portable, though am fine if it is.
If a desktop unit is no problem go for a good stereo amplifier with a good headphone out. New, used and vintage you can find good good stuff within your budget...
The D7 is my least favourite DAC that I have tried so far. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. As for the pairing, I don't think that would be good even if you did want it because the D7's amp is pretty dark. From what I know of the HD650 that's not really what you want to improve it. The only positive thing I can say is that it seems to drive harder to drive headphones better than sensitive ones.
Here's my review of the D7: http://noblehifi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/ibasso-d7-sidewinder-review.html
Edited by Quadpatch - 9/2/12 at 11:48pm
Besides a Lovely Cube or supposedly a NFB,why don't you try out a Sicphone amp? http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1682246865/sicphones-a-high-end-silicon-carbide-headphone-amp Tyll talked about it in his September updated on Innerfidelity.
- Budget Amp for HD650: Better than O2, E9, Asgard, P4...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Kansas City, MO/KS meet anyone? 31 seconds ago
- › Custom One Pros for rock? 39 seconds ago
- › [FS] Beyerdynamic t51p 59 seconds ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi Meet in Lawrence Kansas! 3 minutes ago
- › 2.1 Computer Speakers. 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)