Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › SAmsung galaxy note 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SAmsung galaxy note 2 - Page 20

post #286 of 469
The sound is good, but nothing like my stx dac into my c&c bh or bravo. So I want the extra specially with my upcoming mad dog as they will require more juice than my current work headphone.

I'll just double amp until fiio is out with e18.
post #287 of 469
I've got a Note 2 but the SQ don't seems so good for me. I usually prefer my ipod touch.

I'm using a pair of sennheiser hd598 with a FiiO E02i.
Edited by Hellkitchen - 2/27/13 at 1:21pm
post #288 of 469
hp out aint great thats why people use dacs.if u want amazing hp out 808 or n8 is 4 u
post #289 of 469
Emh if you are replying to me I haven't understand biggrin.gif
post #290 of 469

Fyi,

 

You don't need an OTG cable to use with let's say a FiiO E7.  I bought a mini to micro male usb cable and it works. I remember someone posting that OTG cable is required.  I ordered a non-OTG cable and no problems.

post #291 of 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by lg777 View Post

Fyi,

 

You don't need an OTG cable to use with let's say a FiiO E7.  I bought a mini to micro male usb cable and it works. I remember someone posting that OTG cable is required.  I ordered a non-OTG cable and no problems.

 

Is there any notification that appears when you connect it?

 

If yours is working then you have been supplied an OTG cable...

post #292 of 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by lg777 View Post

Fyi,

You don't need an OTG cable to use with let's say a FiiO E7.  I bought a mini to micro male usb cable and it works. I remember someone posting that OTG cable is required.  I ordered a non-OTG cable and no problems.

USB OTG cables are just what suppliers are calling cables that let you connect to your device. USB OTG actually refers to the fact that your phone is compatible for digital audio output, hooking up external drives, etc.
post #293 of 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post


USB OTG cables are just what suppliers are calling cables that let you connect to your device. USB OTG actually refers to the fact that your phone is compatible for digital audio output, hooking up external drives, etc.

 

Yes, but an OTG cable is required for nearly all USB DACs (apart from the Go-DAP, which is made slightly differently - an exception as it were). A straight adapter cable is not wired the same as an OTG cable, and will not allow USB audio (or any other device connection for that matter).

post #294 of 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post

Yes, but an OTG cable is required for nearly all USB DACs (apart from the Go-DAP, which is made slightly differently - an exception as it were). A straight adapter cable is not wired the same as an OTG cable, and will not allow USB audio (or any other device connection for that matter).

Good to know.
post #295 of 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post

 

Is there any notification that appears when you connect it?

 

If yours is working then you have been supplied an OTG cable...

 

With an OTG cable I bought, I get USB device connected without anything plugged into it.  I plug in the E7 and I see a brief lock on the screen.

 

With the other cable I bought, I do not get any USB device connected notice until I plug the E7 into it.  So they are different cables.

post #296 of 469

I got my Fiio E07K connected with my Note II. You can see the post with the information right here:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/638910/fiio-e07k-andes-review-and-help-thread/555#post_9214017

 

I describe the whole process because I just wanted to have found something like that before...

post #297 of 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashade View Post

I got my Fiio E07K connected with my Note II. You can see the post with the information right here:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/638910/fiio-e07k-andes-review-and-help-thread/555#post_9214017

 

I describe the whole process because I just wanted to have found something like that before...


You manually sand the chamfer... I am not comfortable doing that

post #298 of 469

Why exactly? It is a matter of proper tools, and the cable is 15 bucks... Anyway, you can use the cable you want, I was just stating it WORKS. Doesn´t matter if it is with that cable or another one.

post #299 of 469
I've noticed that with my new shure se535 the note 2 SQ is better than I was thinking before.
post #300 of 469
This is a rather broad question and hopefully someone can enlighten me. I replaced my original DROID x with the note 2 and installed a 64gb external sd card and poweramp. From what I understand from this thread is that the note supports digital audio out. That being the case what would be the best "bang for the buck" solution for portable use at a $200 price point? Is a dac/amp best or just spend more on an amp or is there a better solution and how are they best used? Equipment suggestions would be appreciated as I'm low on the learning curve.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › SAmsung galaxy note 2