Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › SAmsung galaxy note 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SAmsung galaxy note 2 - Page 18

post #256 of 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenz View Post

Is the difference in rooting that big? Also, does rooting involve any potential ramifications? Noob questions that have been answered potentially?

A Big difference but of course there's a draw back if you dont know what your doing

 

 

 

A question for everyone here I been eyeing the Micro to Micro OTG from Hakshop but havent been successful on buying it .. have anyone tried it?

post #257 of 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by meiaen View Post

A Big difference but of course there's a draw back if you dont know what your doing

 

 

 

A question for everyone here I been eyeing the Micro to Micro OTG from Hakshop but havent been successful on buying it .. have anyone tried it?

I have bought similar micro to micro USB from Ventura craft 

this cable works only for Ventura craft , doesn't works for another Dac 

 

 

 


Edited by rudi0504 - 2/7/13 at 5:39pm
post #258 of 471
 

I am sorry double post


Edited by rudi0504 - 2/7/13 at 5:37pm
post #259 of 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

I have bought similar micro to micro USB from Ventura craft 

this cable works only for Ventura craft , doesn't works for another Dac 

 

 

 

Have you tried it with Apex glacier or Leckerton UHA-6S MKII both of them have micro usb input and can you tell where to order them i really like to get 1 for my self 

thanks

post #260 of 471

Anyone with Venturecraft Go DAP-X want to chime in on the improvement of sound? I use Sennheiser IE80s for portable listening only. I am debating to get one but not sure if it's going to be a huge upgrade. My AT&T Note II with Persus Kernel's audio tweaks has suppressed the hissing to a minimum. FLACs sound terrible, and I don't really mess with anything higher than 16bit. Thanks ahead.

post #261 of 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by meiaen View Post

Have you tried it with Apex glacier or Leckerton UHA-6S MKII both of them have micro usb input and can you tell where to order them i really like to get 1 for my self 

thanks

This has been mention a few post back by danba and as rudi has said the cable does not work with your standard usb DAC. Go to the apex glacier appreciation thread 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632019/apex-glacier-amp-dac-review-and-appreciation-thread/60 , turockrocks has modded the cable for it to work with the apex glacier and might

also work with the leckerton.


Edited by rckyosho - 2/8/13 at 1:58am
post #262 of 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckyosho View Post

This has been mention a few post back by danba and as rudi has said the cable does not work with your standard usb DAC. Go to the apex glacier appreciation thread 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632019/apex-glacier-amp-dac-review-and-appreciation-thread/60 , turockrocks has modded the cable for it to work with the apex glacier and might

also work with the leckerton.

I saw he modded one didnt notice it was from the venturecraft so the only cheap one that working is the one from Hakshop 

 

Im still having a hard time picking between the 3 its a hard choice without doing a demo >< 

Go Dap X(red) vs Apex Galcier vs Leckerton UHA-6S MKII vs iQube V2 ..those are my 4 choices right now which one do you guys think works well with westone 4r and Custom IEM 

or should I go DAC and AMP separately?


Edited by meiaen - 2/8/13 at 7:07am
post #263 of 471
Quote:

 

 

A little bit of topic but...

 

I saw this blue foamy fabric and I think it´s pretty neat to protect things in general. I am searching for it to try to buy some but there is no way to find any (I suppose you got it with the Amp itself). Somebody that can throw some light on this for me?


Edited by Ashade - 2/11/13 at 4:03pm
post #264 of 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashade View Post

A little bit of topic but...

I saw this blue foamy fabric and I think it´s pretty neat to protect things in general. I am searching for it to try to buy some but there is no way to find any (I suppose you got it with the Amp itself). Somebody that can throw some light on this for me?
it is simply non slip matting that you cut to fit your needs. Wal-Mart, hobby stores, sometimes in the tool sections as shelf lines of tool boxes. I have told of it in black.
post #265 of 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by caableguy View Post

it is simply non slip matting that you cut to fit your needs. Wal-Mart, hobby stores, sometimes in the tool sections as shelf lines of tool boxes. I have told of it in black.
personally I use self adhesive industrial strength Velcro on all my devices. the soft loop on my sources and the hook side on my amps, since I'm more apt to have the sources with me on a regular basis. Then I don't have to worry about them sticking to everything. I use small amounts so they separate easily.
post #266 of 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashade View Post

 

A little bit of topic but...

 

I saw this blue foamy fabric and I think it´s pretty neat to protect things in general. I am searching for it to try to buy some but there is no way to find any (I suppose you got it with the Amp itself). Somebody that can throw some light on this for me?

 I think Rubbermaid has it.  You can find similar stuff at dollar stores too.

 

http://www.amazon.com/Griprite-Non-Slip-Liner/dp/B004XFSAK0

 


Edited by lg777 - 2/11/13 at 8:27pm
post #267 of 471

Sweet!! Thanks you for the info. And I was making it difficult trying to find something in specialized stores on plastic rubbers and fabrics...  Sometimes it´s only to find the proper words...

post #268 of 471
I got the Go DAP X recently. Before the X, I was running just Note 2 rooted with Persus audio mod and Noozxoide - > IE80. It sounded really good except for the Android hiss.

Now with Note 2 - > X - > IE80, I would have to say I'm not sure if there is an upgrade at all. The hiss is completely gone. The highs and mids may have slight improvement but not $450 worth when all considered.

Anyone has an external DAC/Amp combo that works with the Note 2 through OTG that is a significant upgrade from stock Wolfson? I want to be able to drive LCD2 or HE500 with it as I'm planning purchasing one of those late this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
post #269 of 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordec View Post

I got the Go DAP X recently. Before the X, I was running just Note 2 rooted with Persus audio mod and Noozxoide - > IE80. It sounded really good except for the Android hiss.

Now with Note 2 - > X - > IE80, I would have to say I'm not sure if there is an upgrade at all. The hiss is completely gone. The highs and mids may have slight improvement but not $450 worth when all considered.

Anyone has an external DAC/Amp combo that works with the Note 2 through OTG that is a significant upgrade from stock Wolfson? I want to be able to drive LCD2 or HE500 with it as I'm planning purchasing one of those late this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I own a sennheiser IE8, similar to the IE80.

I believe the IE80 isn't a juice monster, u can let it reach it's potential pretty easy. 

Throughout my journey, I have not yet found amps to be very beneficial.

And the DAC/AMP of Note 2 is pretty good, there probably isn't a need for external setup unless the hiss disturbs u a lot.

In my case, the hissing is barely noticeable.

post #270 of 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscular View Post

I own a sennheiser IE8, similar to the IE80.

I believe the IE80 isn't a juice monster, u can let it reach it's potential pretty easy. 

Throughout my journey, I have not yet found amps to be very beneficial.

And the DAC/AMP of Note 2 is pretty good, there probably isn't a need for external setup unless the hiss disturbs u a lot.

In my case, the hissing is barely noticeable.

I have listened to the X extensively today doing A/B comparisons to above. 

 

1. I just realized that when running PowerAmp, you need to turn off the equalizer, tone, lmt settings otherwise it compresses the sound coming through your external DAP.

2. The result is significant clarity improvement. Listening to 16bit 44k flac of Dave Matthew's Grey Street, the transparency also comes through quite clearly when my 4 months old is asleep.

3. The output of the X is obviously pitch black without a trace of hiss. This is a lovely change it's almost like your music is instantaneously purified. I guess the hiss only matters for those with high sensitivity IEMs.

 

I now have to make the decision to keep the X or wait for the Fiio E18 or Xduoo XP1. I'm not sure for a typical portable setup for Android OTG, it can get any better than this. I'm also getting an HE400 soon. I don't plan on going higher than that for portable setup.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › SAmsung galaxy note 2