- 100 Posts. Joined 8/2004
- Location: London, UK
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sony MDR-1R / MDR-1RNC fix for jack rattle Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portable Headhones for $400 or less Last post on 2/11/13 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 52post #766 of 267811/7/12 at 10:36amI think the isolation is as good as any other closed portable personally, fine for most things. If you want to block out sound when flying then of course you need something more heavy-duty or ANC.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #767 of 267811/7/12 at 11:08amQuote:
Well It depends on comparison. I am using Ultrasone SIgnature pro close can as my reference. It is less than 50% in isolation if memory serve me well. :)post #768 of 267811/7/12 at 12:10pmpost #769 of 267811/7/12 at 3:44pmQuote:If you compare it to the SRH1440 as another example the 1440 would be a similar very shallow upside down V with the peak landing slightly right of center with the treble never returning to flat and the sub-bass starting below flat (more like an upside down check mark). The 940 would again be similar witha slightly different bass response.
Thank you. I'm reading that loud and clear, since I seem to hear the 1440 the same way that you do.Quote:Btw everything I am saying is based off listening and my interpretation of how it sounds. Nothing is measured in any scientific way.
Which is the way it should be..post #770 of 267811/7/12 at 3:48pmQuote:
Most definitely have plans to try these out sometime this weekend.
I appreciate the endorsement!post #771 of 267811/7/12 at 4:48pmpost #772 of 267811/7/12 at 5:32pmpost #773 of 267811/7/12 at 5:45pmpost #774 of 267811/7/12 at 6:00pmpost #775 of 267811/7/12 at 6:01pm
I'm listening to the MDR-1R right now with both my Rockboxed iPod Video 5th Gen and my desktop rig, FLAC source files with both. Wow. I'm afraid the Momentum is going back to Amazon.post #776 of 267811/7/12 at 6:06pmpost #777 of 267811/7/12 at 6:11pm
Not really. Comparatively speaking the Momentum's bass is a bit muddy with more flab. The Sony has better soundstage, more forward mids and more air in the higher frequencies. The bass is more defined and seems to reach deeper than the Momentum. It sounds more refined and balanced than the Senn, which feels congested in comparison. Two physical characteristics to note: The MDR-1R is truly circumaural while the Momentum, with its smaller ear cups, for many people is on-ear. Also, the Sony's cable is very short. If you're going to use it with a desktop system you'll probably need an extension unless you sit right on top of your amp. I'm using the straight cable sans iDevice controls.
Yes indeed, I'm liking this headphone. A lot.
Edited by swmtnbiker - 11/7/12 at 6:16pmpost #778 of 267811/7/12 at 6:22pmpost #779 of 267811/7/12 at 6:28pm
I'll need some more A/B time to determine how the isolation compares between the two. And let me say that they are BOTH very beautiful, well constructed portable cans. I sort of prefer the retro look of the Sennheiser, and the leather + metal materials are very, very plush. The Sony, with all of its plastic, is more "corporate" looking to me but still an attractive piece of kit. The Momentum also comes with a much nicer case. The MDR-1R simply has a cordura bag. But in the end it's the sound that counts and so far the Sony is winning me over in a big way.
We'll see if that assessment holds true when I get the PSB M4U1 next week. CURSA YOU A-HEAD-FI!!!!!
Edited by swmtnbiker - 11/7/12 at 6:30pmpost #780 of 267811/7/12 at 6:42pm
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 57 seconds ago
- › Steelseries Flux in ear 1 minute ago
- › Searching Earbud or Portable Headphone ~50€ 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Should I buy this External Sound card or will I be wasting money? 2 minutes ago
- › Ps audio direct stream dsd DAC 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Appreciation Thread/ ZMF ZPEX V.2 REVIEW and TOUR!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer new DJ In-Ear Headphones DJE-2000 and DJE-1500 2 minutes ago
- › Dutch Headphone Meet 2014 (Germans & Belgians welcome!) 3 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob