- 100 Posts. Joined 8/2004
- Location: London, UK
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help choose my headphone :D Last post on 5/20/13 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 11/10/15 at 9:12am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Importing headphones... Last post on 3/1/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: Unfamiliar Territory A couple of years ago, I was telling my father-in-law about my audio and music hobby. He asked me if the equipment I had was made by "Pioneer, Sony" or...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the C1002, one of 1More's many hybrid offerings. The C1002 utilizes a single balanced armature and single dynamic driver to produce a...
This is the worse purchase i did in audio ever. RHA should be ashamed releasing such a poor quality product. And the audio press should be ashamed not to mention this is well below average ... I...
Preamble: Hidizs Technology (http://www.hidizs.com/) is a Chinese audio manufacturer (mainly digital audio players) that established in early 2014 and is based in Dongguan, China....
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONA fair bit of this review may borrow sections from my U6 review. The reason for this is that a lot of...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 52post #766 of 276111/7/12 at 10:36amI think the isolation is as good as any other closed portable personally, fine for most things. If you want to block out sound when flying then of course you need something more heavy-duty or ANC.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #767 of 276111/7/12 at 11:08amQuote:
Well It depends on comparison. I am using Ultrasone SIgnature pro close can as my reference. It is less than 50% in isolation if memory serve me well. :)post #768 of 276111/7/12 at 12:10pmpost #769 of 276111/7/12 at 3:44pmQuote:If you compare it to the SRH1440 as another example the 1440 would be a similar very shallow upside down V with the peak landing slightly right of center with the treble never returning to flat and the sub-bass starting below flat (more like an upside down check mark). The 940 would again be similar witha slightly different bass response.
Thank you. I'm reading that loud and clear, since I seem to hear the 1440 the same way that you do.Quote:Btw everything I am saying is based off listening and my interpretation of how it sounds. Nothing is measured in any scientific way.
Which is the way it should be..post #770 of 276111/7/12 at 3:48pmQuote:
Most definitely have plans to try these out sometime this weekend.
I appreciate the endorsement!post #771 of 276111/7/12 at 4:48pmpost #772 of 276111/7/12 at 5:32pmpost #773 of 276111/7/12 at 5:45pmpost #774 of 276111/7/12 at 6:00pmpost #775 of 276111/7/12 at 6:01pm
I'm listening to the MDR-1R right now with both my Rockboxed iPod Video 5th Gen and my desktop rig, FLAC source files with both. Wow. I'm afraid the Momentum is going back to Amazon.post #776 of 276111/7/12 at 6:06pmpost #777 of 276111/7/12 at 6:11pm
Not really. Comparatively speaking the Momentum's bass is a bit muddy with more flab. The Sony has better soundstage, more forward mids and more air in the higher frequencies. The bass is more defined and seems to reach deeper than the Momentum. It sounds more refined and balanced than the Senn, which feels congested in comparison. Two physical characteristics to note: The MDR-1R is truly circumaural while the Momentum, with its smaller ear cups, for many people is on-ear. Also, the Sony's cable is very short. If you're going to use it with a desktop system you'll probably need an extension unless you sit right on top of your amp. I'm using the straight cable sans iDevice controls.
Yes indeed, I'm liking this headphone. A lot.
Edited by swmtnbiker - 11/7/12 at 6:16pmpost #778 of 276111/7/12 at 6:22pmpost #779 of 276111/7/12 at 6:28pm
I'll need some more A/B time to determine how the isolation compares between the two. And let me say that they are BOTH very beautiful, well constructed portable cans. I sort of prefer the retro look of the Sennheiser, and the leather + metal materials are very, very plush. The Sony, with all of its plastic, is more "corporate" looking to me but still an attractive piece of kit. The Momentum also comes with a much nicer case. The MDR-1R simply has a cordura bag. But in the end it's the sound that counts and so far the Sony is winning me over in a big way.
We'll see if that assessment holds true when I get the PSB M4U1 next week. CURSA YOU A-HEAD-FI!!!!!
Edited by swmtnbiker - 11/7/12 at 6:30pmpost #780 of 276111/7/12 at 6:42pm
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
- Headphone Impedance
- › JVC FX850 3 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 10 seconds ago
- › New iRiver AK70 17 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 40 seconds ago
- › Listening fatigue 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica E70 1 minute ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 2 minutes ago
- › Need Help From AudioPhiles 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Lotoo's new product: Lotoo Paw Pico, a 27g ultra-portable music... 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 by maxh22
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by rebbi
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA MA750i by High-End-Addict
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by HiFiChris
- › 64 Audio U10 by Brooko
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by noobandroid
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ExpatinJapan
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...