i doubt there would be fakes of these yet, they are to new on the market. Also being a store through Amazon I think you should be fine.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help choose my headphone :D Last post on 5/20/13 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 2/20/15 at 9:28am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Importing headphones... Last post on 3/1/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 48post #706 of 273911/4/12 at 12:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #707 of 273911/4/12 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by FenderP
I may pick up the NC ones this week. I was also looking at the AH-NCW500 in Silver (AH-NCW500SR), but it only has 10h (!) of battery life. Fail. I've heard the Bose - meh. I currently use the AKG K490NC or the MDR-NWNC200 which works natively with the SOny Walkman noise cancelling feature.
Yes the sound of the Bose is just sorta ok, maybe. But the noise cancelling is amazing. So I keep borrowing my wife's when I travel. But when I am away for awhile I bring a second better sounding pair for when I am in the hotel or someplace else not so loud. I would love to find something that has the NC of the bose and the sound of something much better...post #708 of 273911/4/12 at 12:49pmQuote:
Well they sent them and I received them, what more do I need?
If I have any issues later then my credit card provider is as liable as the retailer per s75 of the consumer credit act.post #709 of 273911/4/12 at 1:00pmSince people seem to be having a hard time tracking these down, for Seattle I got mine at the Sony store in University Village. They also have a demo pair you can audition with your own gear. Hope this helps.post #710 of 273911/4/12 at 2:52pmQuote:
I was literally just in that area this weekendpost #711 of 273911/4/12 at 4:23pmQuote:
I just called them. They have the R, not the RNC which is the one I want to audition. I'm here this week on business and would pop over if they had it. Oh well.post #712 of 273911/4/12 at 7:01pmpost #713 of 273911/4/12 at 10:17pmpost #714 of 273911/4/12 at 11:04pm
At last i've tried the 1R at local IT exhibition which the sony made a separate booth for audio product only and they have a demo for it.
Listened to several song directly from cellphone my impression was this headphone really sound good, the bass goes quite deep and fast while the vocal just like any other sony which i like while maintaining the soundstage and treble.
No complain about the build quality, and the comfort was really good, very lightweight and the pad quite comfortable though i want a little bit more plush :D
Just one or two songs that i played got peak in the upper mid/vocal which tend to be sibilant at times but it doesn't really bother much.
If i were to compare with the momentum, the momentum sound more warmish with more mid bass and lush vocal then the 1R.post #715 of 273911/5/12 at 4:45ampost #716 of 273911/5/12 at 5:49ampost #717 of 273911/5/12 at 6:10ampost #718 of 273911/5/12 at 10:14amQuote:
Thanks for the tip. I have bought many things from them. Looks like I am getting my silver after all. Joining this wagon soon,.post #719 of 273911/5/12 at 11:02amQuote:
After posting my request I've found a pst regarding them and basically they were saying that AccessoryJack are not authorized reseller so warranty support might be an issue. Just making sure everyone knowspost #720 of 273911/5/12 at 11:12am
Ya but for 1) Accessory Jack might not be authorized dealer but they sell 100% legit stuff. 2) I just bought the silver and brown for $265 shipped..3) I have never had issue with their service.. 4) I have never had any issue with a sony product ever..
These factors = Sold.
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Buttkicker Gamer/Tactile Transducer Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 9 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 12 seconds ago
- › OnePlus One 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › What effect does damping factor have on distortion? 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Why don't these pads exist? ..Or do they? 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3