i doubt there would be fakes of these yet, they are to new on the market. Also being a store through Amazon I think you should be fine.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help choose my headphone :D Last post on 5/20/13 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 1/16/17 at 9:19am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Importing headphones... Last post on 3/1/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Design & Comfort: Why can't you all do this? AudioQuest makes their first headphone and immediately gets so many things right that other companies seem to completely ignore. They even had the...
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 48post #706 of 276211/4/12 at 12:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #707 of 276211/4/12 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by FenderP
I may pick up the NC ones this week. I was also looking at the AH-NCW500 in Silver (AH-NCW500SR), but it only has 10h (!) of battery life. Fail. I've heard the Bose - meh. I currently use the AKG K490NC or the MDR-NWNC200 which works natively with the SOny Walkman noise cancelling feature.
Yes the sound of the Bose is just sorta ok, maybe. But the noise cancelling is amazing. So I keep borrowing my wife's when I travel. But when I am away for awhile I bring a second better sounding pair for when I am in the hotel or someplace else not so loud. I would love to find something that has the NC of the bose and the sound of something much better...post #708 of 276211/4/12 at 12:49pmQuote:
Well they sent them and I received them, what more do I need?
If I have any issues later then my credit card provider is as liable as the retailer per s75 of the consumer credit act.post #709 of 276211/4/12 at 1:00pmSince people seem to be having a hard time tracking these down, for Seattle I got mine at the Sony store in University Village. They also have a demo pair you can audition with your own gear. Hope this helps.post #710 of 276211/4/12 at 2:52pmQuote:
I was literally just in that area this weekendpost #711 of 276211/4/12 at 4:23pmQuote:
I just called them. They have the R, not the RNC which is the one I want to audition. I'm here this week on business and would pop over if they had it. Oh well.post #712 of 276211/4/12 at 7:01pmpost #713 of 276211/4/12 at 10:17pmpost #714 of 276211/4/12 at 11:04pm
At last i've tried the 1R at local IT exhibition which the sony made a separate booth for audio product only and they have a demo for it.
Listened to several song directly from cellphone my impression was this headphone really sound good, the bass goes quite deep and fast while the vocal just like any other sony which i like while maintaining the soundstage and treble.
No complain about the build quality, and the comfort was really good, very lightweight and the pad quite comfortable though i want a little bit more plush :D
Just one or two songs that i played got peak in the upper mid/vocal which tend to be sibilant at times but it doesn't really bother much.
If i were to compare with the momentum, the momentum sound more warmish with more mid bass and lush vocal then the 1R.post #715 of 276211/5/12 at 4:45ampost #716 of 276211/5/12 at 5:49ampost #717 of 276211/5/12 at 6:10ampost #718 of 276211/5/12 at 10:14amQuote:
Thanks for the tip. I have bought many things from them. Looks like I am getting my silver after all. Joining this wagon soon,.post #719 of 276211/5/12 at 11:02amQuote:
After posting my request I've found a pst regarding them and basically they were saying that AccessoryJack are not authorized reseller so warranty support might be an issue. Just making sure everyone knowspost #720 of 276211/5/12 at 11:12am
Ya but for 1) Accessory Jack might not be authorized dealer but they sell 100% legit stuff. 2) I just bought the silver and brown for $265 shipped..3) I have never had issue with their service.. 4) I have never had any issue with a sony product ever..
These factors = Sold.
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 7 seconds ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Could use some recommendations on a better headphone amplifier. 1 minute ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Referencesounds/LFF's modded HE-5 >Code-X< thread 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear