i doubt there would be fakes of these yet, they are to new on the market. Also being a store through Amazon I think you should be fine.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sony MDR-1R / MDR-1RNC fix for jack rattle Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portable Headhones for $400 or less Last post on 2/11/13 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 48post #706 of 267211/4/12 at 12:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #707 of 267211/4/12 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by FenderP
I may pick up the NC ones this week. I was also looking at the AH-NCW500 in Silver (AH-NCW500SR), but it only has 10h (!) of battery life. Fail. I've heard the Bose - meh. I currently use the AKG K490NC or the MDR-NWNC200 which works natively with the SOny Walkman noise cancelling feature.
Yes the sound of the Bose is just sorta ok, maybe. But the noise cancelling is amazing. So I keep borrowing my wife's when I travel. But when I am away for awhile I bring a second better sounding pair for when I am in the hotel or someplace else not so loud. I would love to find something that has the NC of the bose and the sound of something much better...post #708 of 267211/4/12 at 12:49pmQuote:
Well they sent them and I received them, what more do I need?
If I have any issues later then my credit card provider is as liable as the retailer per s75 of the consumer credit act.post #709 of 267211/4/12 at 1:00pmSince people seem to be having a hard time tracking these down, for Seattle I got mine at the Sony store in University Village. They also have a demo pair you can audition with your own gear. Hope this helps.post #710 of 267211/4/12 at 2:52pmQuote:
I was literally just in that area this weekendpost #711 of 267211/4/12 at 4:23pmQuote:
I just called them. They have the R, not the RNC which is the one I want to audition. I'm here this week on business and would pop over if they had it. Oh well.post #712 of 267211/4/12 at 7:01pmpost #713 of 267211/4/12 at 10:17pmpost #714 of 267211/4/12 at 11:04pm
At last i've tried the 1R at local IT exhibition which the sony made a separate booth for audio product only and they have a demo for it.
Listened to several song directly from cellphone my impression was this headphone really sound good, the bass goes quite deep and fast while the vocal just like any other sony which i like while maintaining the soundstage and treble.
No complain about the build quality, and the comfort was really good, very lightweight and the pad quite comfortable though i want a little bit more plush :D
Just one or two songs that i played got peak in the upper mid/vocal which tend to be sibilant at times but it doesn't really bother much.
If i were to compare with the momentum, the momentum sound more warmish with more mid bass and lush vocal then the 1R.post #715 of 267211/5/12 at 4:45ampost #716 of 267211/5/12 at 5:49ampost #717 of 267211/5/12 at 6:10ampost #718 of 267211/5/12 at 10:14amQuote:
Thanks for the tip. I have bought many things from them. Looks like I am getting my silver after all. Joining this wagon soon,.post #719 of 267211/5/12 at 11:02amQuote:
After posting my request I've found a pst regarding them and basically they were saying that AccessoryJack are not authorized reseller so warranty support might be an issue. Just making sure everyone knowspost #720 of 267211/5/12 at 11:12am
Ya but for 1) Accessory Jack might not be authorized dealer but they sell 100% legit stuff. 2) I just bought the silver and brown for $265 shipped..3) I have never had issue with their service.. 4) I have never had any issue with a sony product ever..
These factors = Sold.
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Guitar-fi anyone? 22 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony's DSD-capable PHA-2 portable headphone amp/DAC 1 minute ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones under $200 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Ipod Purchase Advice? 2 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude