Does the Bluetooth version have the built in mic for use with the iPhone or is that only with the wired version?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sony MDR-1R / MDR-1RNC fix for jack rattle Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portable Headhones for $400 or less Last post on 2/11/13 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 46
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #677 of 268011/3/12 at 8:58amQuote:
Needed the money for Christmas shopping soon. I might buy them again! Until then, my EX1000 will keep me happy.post #678 of 268011/3/12 at 8:59amQuote:
I believe all 3 versions come with a built-in mic. The mic is on the cord with the in-line apple playback controls. You can swap the cord out for a normal 3.5mm cord (also included).post #679 of 268011/3/12 at 11:33ampost #680 of 268011/3/12 at 2:20pmQuote:
The Sony MDR-1RBT does have a mic on the headphone itself. In fact, its audio cord does not have a microphone or controls on it. The controls are on the right earcup, and you can see (in the photo below) the microphone at the bottom of the left earcup (click on the photo to see the full-size version).post #681 of 268011/3/12 at 3:19pmpost #682 of 268011/3/12 at 3:46pm
Just picked up a pair at the Sony store. Really liking the sound, and compared to the XBxxx cans they had there, it did not "wow" me at first. After listening at home with an RSA SR71 amp though I have to say these are really nice. The store model had a creak in the right cup, but mine do not. These are not the typical flashy Sony sound, as the midrange is forward and the "sparkling highs" and thumping bass are not apparent, which is a brave move as first impressions compared with the rest of Sony's line at the store made these sound a little Plain Jane. However listening to some Beastie Boys the bass was there but not bleeding all over the mids. Comfort is excellent and isolation is good, and these are for my work rig with is a Fiio E17 connect via USB to my PC. Mine came with a "limited edition" non-microphone cable as well as the in-line mic cable. I have not had much time with them yet, but I am very impressed with the imaging of instruments and vocals so far.
Edited by redshifter - 11/3/12 at 3:51pmpost #683 of 268011/3/12 at 3:46pmpost #684 of 268011/3/12 at 4:48pm
The Sony store was loud as they were playing Avengers and Batman on two screens side by side. This isolation was about as good as the MDR V6. Assuming you are asking about the MDR 1R.post #685 of 268011/3/12 at 5:22pmpost #686 of 268011/3/12 at 5:36pmQuote:
You should have called first like I did.post #687 of 268011/3/12 at 6:07pm
I had to go to the mall where its at there so I stopped by. The MDR-V6's were very impressive though. I got a nice sweaterpost #688 of 268011/3/12 at 6:09pmThanks Jude I figured that would be the case in regards to the BT model and a microphone.
lubczyk, I own the XBA3 and while it has similarities to the 1R I appreciate the 1R more. The 1R has a larger sound stage and better instrument seperation and positioning. The bass of the XBA3 is harder hitting though and I think the treble is a bit sharper. So if prefer a more pronounced V shape signature you may prefer the XBA3 over the 1R. As for the XBA4 I suspect they will be a completely different animal as they are supposed to be a lot more bass oriented. Personally I like the combination of XBA3 and 1R as it allows me a change up in sound when I want it or more isolation when I need it. But the 1R is getting most of the attention.post #689 of 268011/3/12 at 7:45pm
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › In need of an upgrade for my beloved HD650s 6 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 8 minutes ago
- › Is there a DAP that can drive and use an external unpowered hard... 8 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 8 minutes ago
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)