Does the Bluetooth version have the built in mic for use with the iPhone or is that only with the wired version?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help choose my headphone :D Last post on 5/20/13 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 11/10/15 at 9:12am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Importing headphones... Last post on 3/1/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp...
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest influences on the audio market was the invention of the operational amplifiers. Compact and inexpensive (mostly) chips allowed to create small and well sounding...
The F7200 is a single balanced armature in ear moniter from the Japanese company Final. Final have been in business since 1974 and in my opinion make some retro looking IEM and full size...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 46
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #677 of 275811/3/12 at 8:58amQuote:
Needed the money for Christmas shopping soon. I might buy them again! Until then, my EX1000 will keep me happy.post #678 of 275811/3/12 at 8:59amQuote:
I believe all 3 versions come with a built-in mic. The mic is on the cord with the in-line apple playback controls. You can swap the cord out for a normal 3.5mm cord (also included).post #679 of 275811/3/12 at 11:33ampost #680 of 275811/3/12 at 2:20pmQuote:
The Sony MDR-1RBT does have a mic on the headphone itself. In fact, its audio cord does not have a microphone or controls on it. The controls are on the right earcup, and you can see (in the photo below) the microphone at the bottom of the left earcup (click on the photo to see the full-size version).post #681 of 275811/3/12 at 3:19pmpost #682 of 275811/3/12 at 3:46pm
Just picked up a pair at the Sony store. Really liking the sound, and compared to the XBxxx cans they had there, it did not "wow" me at first. After listening at home with an RSA SR71 amp though I have to say these are really nice. The store model had a creak in the right cup, but mine do not. These are not the typical flashy Sony sound, as the midrange is forward and the "sparkling highs" and thumping bass are not apparent, which is a brave move as first impressions compared with the rest of Sony's line at the store made these sound a little Plain Jane. However listening to some Beastie Boys the bass was there but not bleeding all over the mids. Comfort is excellent and isolation is good, and these are for my work rig with is a Fiio E17 connect via USB to my PC. Mine came with a "limited edition" non-microphone cable as well as the in-line mic cable. I have not had much time with them yet, but I am very impressed with the imaging of instruments and vocals so far.
Edited by redshifter - 11/3/12 at 3:51pmpost #683 of 275811/3/12 at 3:46pmpost #684 of 275811/3/12 at 4:48pm
The Sony store was loud as they were playing Avengers and Batman on two screens side by side. This isolation was about as good as the MDR V6. Assuming you are asking about the MDR 1R.post #685 of 275811/3/12 at 5:22pmpost #686 of 275811/3/12 at 5:36pmQuote:
You should have called first like I did.post #687 of 275811/3/12 at 6:07pm
I had to go to the mall where its at there so I stopped by. The MDR-V6's were very impressive though. I got a nice sweaterpost #688 of 275811/3/12 at 6:09pmThanks Jude I figured that would be the case in regards to the BT model and a microphone.
lubczyk, I own the XBA3 and while it has similarities to the 1R I appreciate the 1R more. The 1R has a larger sound stage and better instrument seperation and positioning. The bass of the XBA3 is harder hitting though and I think the treble is a bit sharper. So if prefer a more pronounced V shape signature you may prefer the XBA3 over the 1R. As for the XBA4 I suspect they will be a completely different animal as they are supposed to be a lot more bass oriented. Personally I like the combination of XBA3 and 1R as it allows me a change up in sound when I want it or more isolation when I need it. But the 1R is getting most of the attention.post #689 of 275811/3/12 at 7:45pmpost #690 of 275811/3/12 at 8:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by pietcux
Hi, I found the following site: http://www.independentrecording.net/irn/resources/freqchart/main_display.htm
Sub Bass is16 to 60 Hz
Bass is 60 to 250 Hz
Mid range is 250 to 2k Hz
High Mid range is 2k to 4k Hz
High Frequencies is 4k to 20k Hz
You can also find the frequency spectrum of typical non electronic instruments. Very interesting and a must read for members of HeadFi.
1-20 is sub-bass, because it goes below the human hearing range.
Anything 40Hz or below is considered bass, and that's being generous. Personally I think bass really begins at ~30 Hz.
7KHz+ is treble.
Everything else is some form of mids.
Edited by takato14 - 11/3/12 at 8:11pm
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
- Headphone Impedance
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 4 seconds ago
- › *The* most comfortable headphones possible for work? 11 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 59 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Flac help 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 2 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...