Does the Bluetooth version have the built in mic for use with the iPhone or is that only with the wired version?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sony MDR-1R / MDR-1RNC fix for jack rattle Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portable Headhones for $400 or less Last post on 2/11/13 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 46
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #677 of 272511/3/12 at 8:58amQuote:
Needed the money for Christmas shopping soon. I might buy them again! Until then, my EX1000 will keep me happy.post #678 of 272511/3/12 at 8:59amQuote:
I believe all 3 versions come with a built-in mic. The mic is on the cord with the in-line apple playback controls. You can swap the cord out for a normal 3.5mm cord (also included).post #679 of 272511/3/12 at 11:33ampost #680 of 272511/3/12 at 2:20pmQuote:
The Sony MDR-1RBT does have a mic on the headphone itself. In fact, its audio cord does not have a microphone or controls on it. The controls are on the right earcup, and you can see (in the photo below) the microphone at the bottom of the left earcup (click on the photo to see the full-size version).post #681 of 272511/3/12 at 3:19pmpost #682 of 272511/3/12 at 3:46pm
Just picked up a pair at the Sony store. Really liking the sound, and compared to the XBxxx cans they had there, it did not "wow" me at first. After listening at home with an RSA SR71 amp though I have to say these are really nice. The store model had a creak in the right cup, but mine do not. These are not the typical flashy Sony sound, as the midrange is forward and the "sparkling highs" and thumping bass are not apparent, which is a brave move as first impressions compared with the rest of Sony's line at the store made these sound a little Plain Jane. However listening to some Beastie Boys the bass was there but not bleeding all over the mids. Comfort is excellent and isolation is good, and these are for my work rig with is a Fiio E17 connect via USB to my PC. Mine came with a "limited edition" non-microphone cable as well as the in-line mic cable. I have not had much time with them yet, but I am very impressed with the imaging of instruments and vocals so far.
Edited by redshifter - 11/3/12 at 3:51pmpost #683 of 272511/3/12 at 3:46pmpost #684 of 272511/3/12 at 4:48pm
The Sony store was loud as they were playing Avengers and Batman on two screens side by side. This isolation was about as good as the MDR V6. Assuming you are asking about the MDR 1R.post #685 of 272511/3/12 at 5:22pmpost #686 of 272511/3/12 at 5:36pmQuote:
You should have called first like I did.post #687 of 272511/3/12 at 6:07pm
I had to go to the mall where its at there so I stopped by. The MDR-V6's were very impressive though. I got a nice sweaterpost #688 of 272511/3/12 at 6:09pmThanks Jude I figured that would be the case in regards to the BT model and a microphone.
lubczyk, I own the XBA3 and while it has similarities to the 1R I appreciate the 1R more. The 1R has a larger sound stage and better instrument seperation and positioning. The bass of the XBA3 is harder hitting though and I think the treble is a bit sharper. So if prefer a more pronounced V shape signature you may prefer the XBA3 over the 1R. As for the XBA4 I suspect they will be a completely different animal as they are supposed to be a lot more bass oriented. Personally I like the combination of XBA3 and 1R as it allows me a change up in sound when I want it or more isolation when I need it. But the 1R is getting most of the attention.post #689 of 272511/3/12 at 7:45pm
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 13 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 29 seconds ago
- › Tokyo 2014 Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival October 25-26 49 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › Any way to make my Shure SRH840's more comfortable? 1 minute ago
- › M-Audio AV40 - still a good buy? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear: Smelly Ear cup........ 2 minutes ago
- › The Soundstage Head Club 3 minutes ago
- › Fake AKG K551? Help. 3 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)