Does the Bluetooth version have the built in mic for use with the iPhone or is that only with the wired version?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R / MDR-1RNC fix for jack rattle Last post on 5/3/13 at 2:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portable Headhones for $400 or less Last post on 2/11/13 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Question] Looking for a headphone + tinnitus Last post on 11/30/12 at 1:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
This is one of the last things you need to upgrade when your making your portable rig. Vs the fiio L9 this lod cable was a big step up. The first thing that will hit you is the increase in...
Thanks to NoiseHush for the review sample!! Here we have the NoiseHush i7 Noise Cancelling headphones. These headphones have some high points, but fall a bit short in terms of...
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 46
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #677 of 243511/3/12 at 8:58amQuote:
Needed the money for Christmas shopping soon. I might buy them again! Until then, my EX1000 will keep me happy.post #678 of 243511/3/12 at 8:59amQuote:
I believe all 3 versions come with a built-in mic. The mic is on the cord with the in-line apple playback controls. You can swap the cord out for a normal 3.5mm cord (also included).post #679 of 243511/3/12 at 11:33ampost #680 of 243511/3/12 at 2:20pmQuote:
The Sony MDR-1RBT does have a mic on the headphone itself. In fact, its audio cord does not have a microphone or controls on it. The controls are on the right earcup, and you can see (in the photo below) the microphone at the bottom of the left earcup (click on the photo to see the full-size version).post #681 of 243511/3/12 at 3:19pmpost #682 of 243511/3/12 at 3:46pm
Just picked up a pair at the Sony store. Really liking the sound, and compared to the XBxxx cans they had there, it did not "wow" me at first. After listening at home with an RSA SR71 amp though I have to say these are really nice. The store model had a creak in the right cup, but mine do not. These are not the typical flashy Sony sound, as the midrange is forward and the "sparkling highs" and thumping bass are not apparent, which is a brave move as first impressions compared with the rest of Sony's line at the store made these sound a little Plain Jane. However listening to some Beastie Boys the bass was there but not bleeding all over the mids. Comfort is excellent and isolation is good, and these are for my work rig with is a Fiio E17 connect via USB to my PC. Mine came with a "limited edition" non-microphone cable as well as the in-line mic cable. I have not had much time with them yet, but I am very impressed with the imaging of instruments and vocals so far.
Edited by redshifter - 11/3/12 at 3:51pmpost #683 of 243511/3/12 at 3:46pmpost #684 of 243511/3/12 at 4:48pm
The Sony store was loud as they were playing Avengers and Batman on two screens side by side. This isolation was about as good as the MDR V6. Assuming you are asking about the MDR 1R.post #685 of 243511/3/12 at 5:22pmpost #686 of 243511/3/12 at 5:36pmQuote:
You should have called first like I did.post #687 of 243511/3/12 at 6:07pm
I had to go to the mall where its at there so I stopped by. The MDR-V6's were very impressive though. I got a nice sweaterpost #688 of 243511/3/12 at 6:09pmThanks Jude I figured that would be the case in regards to the BT model and a microphone.
lubczyk, I own the XBA3 and while it has similarities to the 1R I appreciate the 1R more. The 1R has a larger sound stage and better instrument seperation and positioning. The bass of the XBA3 is harder hitting though and I think the treble is a bit sharper. So if prefer a more pronounced V shape signature you may prefer the XBA3 over the 1R. As for the XBA4 I suspect they will be a completely different animal as they are supposed to be a lot more bass oriented. Personally I like the combination of XBA3 and 1R as it allows me a change up in sound when I want it or more isolation when I need it. But the 1R is getting most of the attention.post #689 of 243511/3/12 at 7:45pm
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Zero Audio ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore and ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso IEM -... 40 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 44 seconds ago
- › What are you listening to? 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S - Any Reviews Yet? 2 minutes ago
- › DIY paint job gallery 3 minutes ago
- › I have a rant (could be about anything) thread! 3 minutes ago
- › DAC + Separate Headphone Amp, Sennheiser HD558 4 minutes ago
- › 1st Post!! Need your guys expert advice 5 minutes ago
- › ALO audio 22awg OCC Cryo Dock by David Chavez
- › NoiseHush i7 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black - Retail by pro1137
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe