Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 29

post #421 of 2725

Momentum is out of the race becos the cups are too closed for comfort...mad.gif

 

this z1000upgrade with the softcups n flat sig should keep me glued to this thread for the next few weeks.

i know the k550 is not as portable, but can anyone give a brief comparision?  my wallet was poised for the k550 this last week..haizzz. popcorn.gif

post #422 of 2725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post

Momentum is out of the race becos the cups are too closed for comfort...mad.gif

 

this z1000upgrade with the softcups n flat sig should keep me glued to this thread for the next few weeks.

i know the k550 is not as portable, but can anyone give a brief comparision?  my wallet was poised for the k550 this last week..haizzz. popcorn.gif


I was not happy with Momentum or K550.  As you said Momentum cups are too small; K550 cups are too big for me, couldn't get a decent seal, felt like they were falling off my head and I believe I have larger than average ears and head.  As a result of a poor seal, I found K550 bass to be anemic.  I found Momentum bass muddy and extended too high into the upper bass region.  K550 seems to have more detailed mids and superior highs.  Based on early reviews, I think I would prefer the MDR-1R to both.

post #423 of 2725

yaaa....think the k550 has no place in my arsenal...

my homefront is well marshalled by the q701 :P

post #424 of 2725
Im worried that my big ears wont fit into those? Can anyone confirm?
post #425 of 2725

nope. I got big ears and no comfort issues.

post #426 of 2725
Cool. Any cheap places to order them. Local Sony resellers wont sell them and amazon has like 25 euros shipping fee.

EDIT: to europe, Estonia
post #427 of 2725

Things are looking exciting, now I just need an Aussie releas.

post #428 of 2725
Ordered mine a minute ago from amazon.co.uk TOTAL £215.35.
post #429 of 2725
Anyone have a comparison of the MDR-1R to the MDR-1NC? Does the NC version have the option to play without NC on, and if so, do they essentially sound the same as the 1R'a at that point?
post #430 of 2725
I'm currently deciding between these and some M-100s, so is anyone gets a chance to listen to both, I would really appreciate a comparrison smily_headphones1.gif
post #431 of 2725
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes008 View Post

I'm currently deciding between these and some M-100s, so is anyone gets a chance to listen to both, I would really appreciate a comparrison smily_headphones1.gif

 

Not necessarily a direct comparison but I did make a few comments about the M-100 about the two :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/625015/sony-has-new-headphones-mdr-1r/360#post_8783639

post #432 of 2725

Wow I am actually interested in these , at least the bluetooth version (need an around ear wireless headset, have to reduce table clutter) and what senheisser is offering for their top line bluetooth is just way to expensive

post #433 of 2725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrias View Post

Wow I am actually interested in these , at least the bluetooth version (need an around ear wireless headset, have to reduce table clutter) and what senheisser is offering for their top line bluetooth is just way to expensive

 

I guess I shouldn't show you this picture then ;-). I'm desperately trying to finalise the MDR-1RBT impressions before returning them (along with the MDR-1R) to Sony this coming weekend.



post #434 of 2725
Does the BT one have NFC? I think I read somewhere a long time ago that it has NFC but then I might be dreaming.
post #435 of 2725

i heard this website kills your wallet, at least i know its true now,can you please compare it with other bluetooh headset ?Like the senns m500? or then ue 9000?as i say trying to choose wireless headsets here

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R