Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 24

post #346 of 2680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyaems View Post

popcorn.gif

 

buy now guys, will wait for mine next year =)

 

i really love the black/red cup baffles, it looks like a qualia 010

I wish Sony would put some of their legendary headphones (like the Qualia, R10, etc) back into production...

post #347 of 2680

well the looks of these and some high hopes on my part got the better of me. I placed a pre-order for a pair with Sony Canada. I hope they sound as good as they look :-).

post #348 of 2680

just order a pair in silver. I'm excited :)

post #349 of 2680

I think my order just got delayed... need to contact the store tomorrow and see what's up! But I WANT IT NOWWWW!! ;-)

 

In the meantime, I guess I'll wait for Anak impressions! (hopefully he will post some of them before the end of the month as he mentioned he has to return them!)

post #350 of 2680
Quote:
Originally Posted by takato14 View Post

I wish Sony would put some of their legendary headphones (like the Qualia, R10, etc) back into production...


maybe the mdr1000 will be a qualia-ish version hehehe

post #351 of 2680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyaems View Post


maybe the mdr1000 will be a qualia-ish version hehehe

The Qualia is only good for some music though; I was mainly talking about the R10. 

post #352 of 2680
Larry has made some impression on this phone at the RMAF thread. He was testing Jude's set and impression sound promising.. Something I would buy.
post #353 of 2680

what is the RMAF thread? Been looking for impressions like mad LOL.

post #354 of 2680
A link please ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post

Larry has made some impression on this phone at the RMAF thread. He was testing Jude's set and impression sound promising.. Something I would buy.
post #355 of 2680

Found it.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/623236/rocky-mountain-audiofest-denver-co-oct-12-14th-2012/45

post #356 of 2680

Sony's design is getting more attractive, compare to Z1000. 

post #357 of 2680

on a german hifi forum there's also a guy that has had them for a few days.

 

i'm not gonna translate what he says but short: he likes them more than the philips x1

post #358 of 2680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquanote View Post

on a german hifi forum there's also a guy that has had them for a few days.

 

i'm not gonna translate what he says but short: he likes them more than the philips x1

 

That's very promissing, X1 is a very good but also quite unique open sounding headphone. The FR measurement do look promissing for 1R though, but would be nice if soundstage, transparency, bass, mids quality etc were good too. I must admit I like the looks of 1R black & red version very much. Such a golden era for headphone enthusiasts looking for a bit more reasonable costing and quite portable but still impressive sounding midrange headphones.


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 10/16/12 at 3:44am
post #359 of 2680
Link please ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquanote View Post

on a german hifi forum there's also a guy that has had them for a few days.

i'm not gonna translate what he says but short: he likes them more than the philips x1
post #360 of 2680
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R