This thread is hillarious. me likey.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help choose my headphone :D Last post on 5/20/13 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 11/10/15 at 9:12am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Importing headphones... Last post on 3/1/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Looking down at the vast landscape of Head-Fi and audio technology in general, I have noticed quite a few things over the past two years. Firstly, the crazy products,...
Introduction – It can be hard to find a rational reason to purchase a set of bookshelf speakers when there are so many fantastic computer out there that offer more features and similar sound...
Gear references Favourite: D2000 (balanced with sub-bass and upper-midrange emphasis) Neutrality: SRH940 (though with a slight treble emphasis) IEM reference: Aurisonics...
Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR-2 DAP Review And Impressions - Expatinjapan Head Pie Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 275810/3/12 at 12:43am
Realistically speaking though, aside from the marketing stats, the bottom line is really what it sounds like, how comfortable it is, etc.post #273 of 275810/3/12 at 8:25amQuote:
You're right, they can't be heard, but you can feel them. Still, to feel frequencies like that you need a huge speaker (concert sized) in front of your body.
Edited by Arkyle - 10/3/12 at 8:28ampost #274 of 275810/3/12 at 8:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Audiowood
You see, that proves a point that the 80 khz is useful. Their marketing team not only cares about your audio bliss, but extend that love and care to your pets as well. I have seen alot headfier's avatar with dogs and cats on headphone, dogs could hear 40khz and cats at 60khz ... and rodents at 90khz. Sony's marketing team have it all covered my dear friends...
Not every company cares about the listening pleasure of the whole fauna in my house great job sony!
Edited by Arkyle - 10/3/12 at 8:47ampost #275 of 275810/3/12 at 9:05amQuote:
Sadly, this is going to be the likely response of most consumers. I wonder what FR charts look like when extended out to 40kHz...post #276 of 275810/3/12 at 9:31amQuote:Originally Posted by miceblueQuote:LOL it makes a good argument on YouTube videos.
Something along the lines of:
"Beats are crap, they only have a frequency range of 20Hz-20kHz. Buy Audio Technica because their frequency range is 15Hz-42kHz"
^ bigger = better
This states that the drivers go lower AND higher than the beats. You can't hear below 20 Hz but you most certainly can feel it. Supersonic frequencies can't possibly do anything detectable by human ears. The most you could get from 80 KHz is a headache. I can't hear 40 KHz but when I have it playing from SineGen I get lightheaded after about 5 minutes.post #277 of 275810/3/12 at 10:09am
We are talking pretty heartily on the 80kHz figure.
So I guess we can consider ourselves MARKETED!!!
Afterall, any publicity is good publicity. And I'm sure the 80kHz figure is gonna draw an extra listen or two just to see if such sensitivity makes a difference within human audible range.post #278 of 275810/4/12 at 11:52pmI am definitely marketed by Sony. Whatever sony say, i will buy.. Me, fan boy of Sony since 1982. I got my first walkman in 1982 and listen to Tarzan boy and Cindy Lauper, I can never forget that stereo on the go...Omigoosh ..That's 30 years ago... I am sold on the 80khz and who cares how it sound, remember I am a fan boy of sony..post #279 of 275810/5/12 at 12:08ampost #280 of 275810/5/12 at 12:42am
Yep super excited by these (specifically the 1R , wireless is of no interest to me) , the design looks stunning. The MDR-1 name is a pretty serious statement of intent from Sony, traditionally the "1" is an upgrade to the 10 , for example MZ-RH10 came first and was upgraded to the "iconic" MZ-RH1.
I am not impressed with the use of "artists" in this case, no slight to Katy B and Magnetic man but it makes me nervous that these will be tuned for bass, i have no issue with that , my current Sony V55s are pretty bassy but for these "statement" Sony cans i am hoping for a more balanced signature.
For me these and the VModa M100 are the most interesting of the many releases coming up, the Beyer Custom Pro was on my radar but i have had reports from my headphone dealer that they are pretty underwelming/average cans.
I guess i am still hoping deep down that Sony will fund another R10 , non profit making experiment , in these economic times and with Sonys less than stellar performance its unlikely but we can live in hope.post #281 of 275810/5/12 at 1:00ampost #282 of 275810/5/12 at 1:32ampost #283 of 275810/5/12 at 1:57ampost #284 of 275810/5/12 at 9:36pm
I see that Sony Canada has moved the availability date of these forward to the middle of this month and talking with a Sony store in town the guy they are showing 37 for Western Canada in their wharehouse but they are not released yet. So it looks like availability is imminent in Canada at least.post #285 of 275810/5/12 at 9:59pmQuote:
Frequency range gives absolutely no bearing on the quality of a headphone.
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
- Headphone Impedance
- › Denon AH-MM400 14 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser debuts a bunch of new headphones at IFA 2 minutes ago
- › Which headphones do you use for PC gaming? 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Seahf LD 3.0 400 ohms earbuds 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Gigaset Earphones by B9Scrambler
- › OPPO HA-2 by ryanjsoo
- › TFZ Series 1 by Hisoundfi
- › LH Labs Geek Out V2+ by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...