This thread is hillarious. me likey.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sony MDR-1R / MDR-1RNC fix for jack rattle Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portable Headhones for $400 or less Last post on 2/11/13 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 267310/3/12 at 12:43am
Realistically speaking though, aside from the marketing stats, the bottom line is really what it sounds like, how comfortable it is, etc.post #273 of 267310/3/12 at 8:25amQuote:
You're right, they can't be heard, but you can feel them. Still, to feel frequencies like that you need a huge speaker (concert sized) in front of your body.
Edited by Arkyle - 10/3/12 at 8:28ampost #274 of 267310/3/12 at 8:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Audiowood
You see, that proves a point that the 80 khz is useful. Their marketing team not only cares about your audio bliss, but extend that love and care to your pets as well. I have seen alot headfier's avatar with dogs and cats on headphone, dogs could hear 40khz and cats at 60khz ... and rodents at 90khz. Sony's marketing team have it all covered my dear friends...
Not every company cares about the listening pleasure of the whole fauna in my house great job sony!
Edited by Arkyle - 10/3/12 at 8:47ampost #275 of 267310/3/12 at 9:05amQuote:
Sadly, this is going to be the likely response of most consumers. I wonder what FR charts look like when extended out to 40kHz...post #277 of 267310/3/12 at 10:09am
We are talking pretty heartily on the 80kHz figure.
So I guess we can consider ourselves MARKETED!!!
Afterall, any publicity is good publicity. And I'm sure the 80kHz figure is gonna draw an extra listen or two just to see if such sensitivity makes a difference within human audible range.post #278 of 267310/4/12 at 11:52pmI am definitely marketed by Sony. Whatever sony say, i will buy.. Me, fan boy of Sony since 1982. I got my first walkman in 1982 and listen to Tarzan boy and Cindy Lauper, I can never forget that stereo on the go...Omigoosh ..That's 30 years ago... I am sold on the 80khz and who cares how it sound, remember I am a fan boy of sony..post #279 of 267310/5/12 at 12:08ampost #280 of 267310/5/12 at 12:42am
Yep super excited by these (specifically the 1R , wireless is of no interest to me) , the design looks stunning. The MDR-1 name is a pretty serious statement of intent from Sony, traditionally the "1" is an upgrade to the 10 , for example MZ-RH10 came first and was upgraded to the "iconic" MZ-RH1.
I am not impressed with the use of "artists" in this case, no slight to Katy B and Magnetic man but it makes me nervous that these will be tuned for bass, i have no issue with that , my current Sony V55s are pretty bassy but for these "statement" Sony cans i am hoping for a more balanced signature.
For me these and the VModa M100 are the most interesting of the many releases coming up, the Beyer Custom Pro was on my radar but i have had reports from my headphone dealer that they are pretty underwelming/average cans.
I guess i am still hoping deep down that Sony will fund another R10 , non profit making experiment , in these economic times and with Sonys less than stellar performance its unlikely but we can live in hope.post #281 of 267310/5/12 at 1:00ampost #282 of 267310/5/12 at 1:32ampost #283 of 267310/5/12 at 1:57ampost #284 of 267310/5/12 at 9:36pm
I see that Sony Canada has moved the availability date of these forward to the middle of this month and talking with a Sony store in town the guy they are showing 37 for Western Canada in their wharehouse but they are not released yet. So it looks like availability is imminent in Canada at least.
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › IEM for riding 2 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 14 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 46 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 52 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › Resistive load testing, how can the measurements match the... 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Headphone & Amp Impedance Questions? Find the answers here! 2 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PMX60 Headphones by sagar khichi
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by Cobaltius
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones by guidfail
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude