This thread is hillarious. me likey.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help choose my headphone :D Last post on 5/20/13 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 6/13/15 at 5:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Importing headphones... Last post on 3/1/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a DAC/AMP built...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 274810/3/12 at 12:43am
Realistically speaking though, aside from the marketing stats, the bottom line is really what it sounds like, how comfortable it is, etc.post #273 of 274810/3/12 at 8:25amQuote:
You're right, they can't be heard, but you can feel them. Still, to feel frequencies like that you need a huge speaker (concert sized) in front of your body.
Edited by Arkyle - 10/3/12 at 8:28ampost #274 of 274810/3/12 at 8:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Audiowood
You see, that proves a point that the 80 khz is useful. Their marketing team not only cares about your audio bliss, but extend that love and care to your pets as well. I have seen alot headfier's avatar with dogs and cats on headphone, dogs could hear 40khz and cats at 60khz ... and rodents at 90khz. Sony's marketing team have it all covered my dear friends...
Not every company cares about the listening pleasure of the whole fauna in my house great job sony!
Edited by Arkyle - 10/3/12 at 8:47ampost #275 of 274810/3/12 at 9:05amQuote:
Sadly, this is going to be the likely response of most consumers. I wonder what FR charts look like when extended out to 40kHz...post #277 of 274810/3/12 at 10:09am
We are talking pretty heartily on the 80kHz figure.
So I guess we can consider ourselves MARKETED!!!
Afterall, any publicity is good publicity. And I'm sure the 80kHz figure is gonna draw an extra listen or two just to see if such sensitivity makes a difference within human audible range.post #278 of 274810/4/12 at 11:52pmI am definitely marketed by Sony. Whatever sony say, i will buy.. Me, fan boy of Sony since 1982. I got my first walkman in 1982 and listen to Tarzan boy and Cindy Lauper, I can never forget that stereo on the go...Omigoosh ..That's 30 years ago... I am sold on the 80khz and who cares how it sound, remember I am a fan boy of sony..post #279 of 274810/5/12 at 12:08ampost #280 of 274810/5/12 at 12:42am
Yep super excited by these (specifically the 1R , wireless is of no interest to me) , the design looks stunning. The MDR-1 name is a pretty serious statement of intent from Sony, traditionally the "1" is an upgrade to the 10 , for example MZ-RH10 came first and was upgraded to the "iconic" MZ-RH1.
I am not impressed with the use of "artists" in this case, no slight to Katy B and Magnetic man but it makes me nervous that these will be tuned for bass, i have no issue with that , my current Sony V55s are pretty bassy but for these "statement" Sony cans i am hoping for a more balanced signature.
For me these and the VModa M100 are the most interesting of the many releases coming up, the Beyer Custom Pro was on my radar but i have had reports from my headphone dealer that they are pretty underwelming/average cans.
I guess i am still hoping deep down that Sony will fund another R10 , non profit making experiment , in these economic times and with Sonys less than stellar performance its unlikely but we can live in hope.post #281 of 274810/5/12 at 1:00ampost #282 of 274810/5/12 at 1:32ampost #283 of 274810/5/12 at 1:57ampost #284 of 274810/5/12 at 9:36pm
I see that Sony Canada has moved the availability date of these forward to the middle of this month and talking with a Sony store in town the guy they are showing 37 for Western Canada in their wharehouse but they are not released yet. So it looks like availability is imminent in Canada at least.
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chord Hugo 17 seconds ago
- › Recommendations for moving from AKG K501's to Closed back cans 28 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX80 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › LyxPro HAS-10 vs. Monoprice 108323 vs. JVC HARX900 vs. JVC HAS660 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 5 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2