This thread is hillarious. me likey.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sony MDR-1R / MDR-1RNC fix for jack rattle Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portable Headhones for $400 or less Last post on 2/11/13 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 270410/3/12 at 12:43am
Realistically speaking though, aside from the marketing stats, the bottom line is really what it sounds like, how comfortable it is, etc.post #273 of 270410/3/12 at 8:25amQuote:
You're right, they can't be heard, but you can feel them. Still, to feel frequencies like that you need a huge speaker (concert sized) in front of your body.
Edited by Arkyle - 10/3/12 at 8:28ampost #274 of 270410/3/12 at 8:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Audiowood
You see, that proves a point that the 80 khz is useful. Their marketing team not only cares about your audio bliss, but extend that love and care to your pets as well. I have seen alot headfier's avatar with dogs and cats on headphone, dogs could hear 40khz and cats at 60khz ... and rodents at 90khz. Sony's marketing team have it all covered my dear friends...
Not every company cares about the listening pleasure of the whole fauna in my house great job sony!
Edited by Arkyle - 10/3/12 at 8:47ampost #275 of 270410/3/12 at 9:05amQuote:
Sadly, this is going to be the likely response of most consumers. I wonder what FR charts look like when extended out to 40kHz...post #277 of 270410/3/12 at 10:09am
We are talking pretty heartily on the 80kHz figure.
So I guess we can consider ourselves MARKETED!!!
Afterall, any publicity is good publicity. And I'm sure the 80kHz figure is gonna draw an extra listen or two just to see if such sensitivity makes a difference within human audible range.post #278 of 270410/4/12 at 11:52pmI am definitely marketed by Sony. Whatever sony say, i will buy.. Me, fan boy of Sony since 1982. I got my first walkman in 1982 and listen to Tarzan boy and Cindy Lauper, I can never forget that stereo on the go...Omigoosh ..That's 30 years ago... I am sold on the 80khz and who cares how it sound, remember I am a fan boy of sony..post #279 of 270410/5/12 at 12:08ampost #280 of 270410/5/12 at 12:42am
Yep super excited by these (specifically the 1R , wireless is of no interest to me) , the design looks stunning. The MDR-1 name is a pretty serious statement of intent from Sony, traditionally the "1" is an upgrade to the 10 , for example MZ-RH10 came first and was upgraded to the "iconic" MZ-RH1.
I am not impressed with the use of "artists" in this case, no slight to Katy B and Magnetic man but it makes me nervous that these will be tuned for bass, i have no issue with that , my current Sony V55s are pretty bassy but for these "statement" Sony cans i am hoping for a more balanced signature.
For me these and the VModa M100 are the most interesting of the many releases coming up, the Beyer Custom Pro was on my radar but i have had reports from my headphone dealer that they are pretty underwelming/average cans.
I guess i am still hoping deep down that Sony will fund another R10 , non profit making experiment , in these economic times and with Sonys less than stellar performance its unlikely but we can live in hope.post #281 of 270410/5/12 at 1:00ampost #282 of 270410/5/12 at 1:32ampost #283 of 270410/5/12 at 1:57ampost #284 of 270410/5/12 at 9:36pm
I see that Sony Canada has moved the availability date of these forward to the middle of this month and talking with a Sony store in town the guy they are showing 37 for Western Canada in their wharehouse but they are not released yet. So it looks like availability is imminent in Canada at least.
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 20 seconds ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 4 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 4 minutes ago
- › Multichannel Music 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Destiny 8 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)