This thread is hillarious. me likey.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sony MDR-1R / MDR-1RNC fix for jack rattle Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portable Headhones for $400 or less Last post on 2/11/13 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Having those for 5 months, I am very impressed as they openned up really with my senheiser momentum after some burn in. I use them with my laptop (pc). This review will be about the VERY good...
Sony XB90EX Review This is not gonna be super in depth but just a small review and a comparison to the Sony XBA30. Ok so first thing I noticed when unboxing, wow they are big! Definitely much...
first review. yayyyyyyyyyy, so here we go. I am no super expert in headphones, but heres what I think the bass is very rumbling. I think that it wasn't as thumping or hard hitting as i would like...
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 267910/3/12 at 12:43am
Realistically speaking though, aside from the marketing stats, the bottom line is really what it sounds like, how comfortable it is, etc.post #273 of 267910/3/12 at 8:25amQuote:
You're right, they can't be heard, but you can feel them. Still, to feel frequencies like that you need a huge speaker (concert sized) in front of your body.
Edited by Arkyle - 10/3/12 at 8:28ampost #274 of 267910/3/12 at 8:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Audiowood
You see, that proves a point that the 80 khz is useful. Their marketing team not only cares about your audio bliss, but extend that love and care to your pets as well. I have seen alot headfier's avatar with dogs and cats on headphone, dogs could hear 40khz and cats at 60khz ... and rodents at 90khz. Sony's marketing team have it all covered my dear friends...
Not every company cares about the listening pleasure of the whole fauna in my house great job sony!
Edited by Arkyle - 10/3/12 at 8:47ampost #275 of 267910/3/12 at 9:05amQuote:
Sadly, this is going to be the likely response of most consumers. I wonder what FR charts look like when extended out to 40kHz...post #277 of 267910/3/12 at 10:09am
We are talking pretty heartily on the 80kHz figure.
So I guess we can consider ourselves MARKETED!!!
Afterall, any publicity is good publicity. And I'm sure the 80kHz figure is gonna draw an extra listen or two just to see if such sensitivity makes a difference within human audible range.post #278 of 267910/4/12 at 11:52pmI am definitely marketed by Sony. Whatever sony say, i will buy.. Me, fan boy of Sony since 1982. I got my first walkman in 1982 and listen to Tarzan boy and Cindy Lauper, I can never forget that stereo on the go...Omigoosh ..That's 30 years ago... I am sold on the 80khz and who cares how it sound, remember I am a fan boy of sony..post #279 of 267910/5/12 at 12:08ampost #280 of 267910/5/12 at 12:42am
Yep super excited by these (specifically the 1R , wireless is of no interest to me) , the design looks stunning. The MDR-1 name is a pretty serious statement of intent from Sony, traditionally the "1" is an upgrade to the 10 , for example MZ-RH10 came first and was upgraded to the "iconic" MZ-RH1.
I am not impressed with the use of "artists" in this case, no slight to Katy B and Magnetic man but it makes me nervous that these will be tuned for bass, i have no issue with that , my current Sony V55s are pretty bassy but for these "statement" Sony cans i am hoping for a more balanced signature.
For me these and the VModa M100 are the most interesting of the many releases coming up, the Beyer Custom Pro was on my radar but i have had reports from my headphone dealer that they are pretty underwelming/average cans.
I guess i am still hoping deep down that Sony will fund another R10 , non profit making experiment , in these economic times and with Sonys less than stellar performance its unlikely but we can live in hope.post #281 of 267910/5/12 at 1:00ampost #282 of 267910/5/12 at 1:32ampost #283 of 267910/5/12 at 1:57ampost #284 of 267910/5/12 at 9:36pm
I see that Sony Canada has moved the availability date of these forward to the middle of this month and talking with a Sony store in town the guy they are showing 37 for Western Canada in their wharehouse but they are not released yet. So it looks like availability is imminent in Canada at least.
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Which one(s) sound best? 3 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent DacAmp One - Introduction - Impressions Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.06beta-2.07beta download and discussion: ... 6 minutes ago
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)