- 2,126 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help choose my headphone :D Last post on 5/20/13 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 6/13/15 at 5:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Importing headphones... Last post on 3/1/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 166post #2476 of 27486/18/13 at 6:55amThat totally sucks dude. Try contacting Sony directly. The v-moda cables would have a better chance of surviving being pinched in a car door though, and they would fit perfectly as well. The downside is that they don't match the 1R aesthetically.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2477 of 27486/18/13 at 8:57ampost #2478 of 27486/18/13 at 9:35ampost #2479 of 27486/19/13 at 9:58ampost #2480 of 27486/19/13 at 10:05ampost #2481 of 27486/19/13 at 10:46am
I don't have the box in front of me, but I believe there is a small sticker on it that says mine are a special or limited edition that come with the iDevice cable. It just makes me believe there are versions without it then. I'll check on this when I get home tonight and take a pic of it if true. Mine were imported from Japan.post #2482 of 27486/19/13 at 11:31ampost #2483 of 27486/19/13 at 11:57am
Yup. Silver. I don't think it's specific to color as much as it is to region. Honestly, I don't know. They are just assumptions I'm making. I figure if the box says these are special because of two cables, I'm assuming there are single cable boxes out there too.post #2484 of 27486/19/13 at 4:15pmGuys,
Sorry to have kept you guessing! I do have two cables, the injured one is the iphone cable. I actually use the iphone cable more than the audio-only as I use them at work so need to take calls etc. (Btw I'm using my v-moda cable right now as suggested.) Thanks again guyspost #2485 of 27486/20/13 at 10:22pmOk just did the dynamat mod and so far I am liking the change. It might be a bit to aggressive but if it starts to bother me I will try using the foam from one of my Shure headphone and see if that tames it down a bit.post #2486 of 27486/20/13 at 11:47pmQuote:
Ey dweaver, have you read my impressions on the dynamat mod? It was indeed weird and fatiguing for me at first but I found the sweet spot in terms of volume level. Once you discover that, it's an awesome experience. Really clear and full sounding I must say. I was at a point where I was already thinking of taking the dynamat off, but I'm glad I didn't.post #2487 of 27486/22/13 at 3:26ampost #2488 of 27486/23/13 at 1:30pm
Well, just picked up a pair from The Sony Store for a great price. My Momentums are a bit too bulky with their carrying case to bring onto a plane, as these lay flat (and are more comfortable for long flights), I thought why not. I still slightly prefer my Momentums to these, but for the $, the MDR-1Rs are an outstanding choice (and better for taking on a plane too).post #2489 of 27486/23/13 at 2:02pm
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
- Headphone Impedance
- › $250 CAD budget on new phones, thoughts, ideas?? 8 seconds ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 21 seconds ago
- › JH Audio JH5pro thread 1 minute ago
- › 🌅 Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Looking for closed back portable headphones with great sound... 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Default Apple earbud replacements? 1 minute ago
- › Need help picking a pair of headphones 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Discussion for next Florida meet 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3