- 2,156 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help choose my headphone :D Last post on 5/20/13 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 11/10/15 at 9:12am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Importing headphones... Last post on 3/1/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
I've been into vinyl previously but in the mid-90's, sold my high end VPI table and never looked back. I ended up recently with a bunch of new records and nothing to play them on, and decided to...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
Campfire Audio Andromeda: Crown jewel of the Campfire fleet Introduction First, a disclaimer: I purchased the Andromeda ($1099USD) with my own money after doing my own research and thus...
Bluedio kindly sent me their 8-driver UFO bluetooth headphones in red for review - and boy I’m glad they did. Packaging Like all of their higher priced bluetooth models, the UFO’s come...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 166post #2476 of 27586/18/13 at 6:55amThat totally sucks dude. Try contacting Sony directly. The v-moda cables would have a better chance of surviving being pinched in a car door though, and they would fit perfectly as well. The downside is that they don't match the 1R aesthetically.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2477 of 27586/18/13 at 8:57ampost #2478 of 27586/18/13 at 9:35ampost #2479 of 27586/19/13 at 9:58ampost #2480 of 27586/19/13 at 10:05ampost #2481 of 27586/19/13 at 10:46am
I don't have the box in front of me, but I believe there is a small sticker on it that says mine are a special or limited edition that come with the iDevice cable. It just makes me believe there are versions without it then. I'll check on this when I get home tonight and take a pic of it if true. Mine were imported from Japan.post #2482 of 27586/19/13 at 11:31ampost #2483 of 27586/19/13 at 11:57am
Yup. Silver. I don't think it's specific to color as much as it is to region. Honestly, I don't know. They are just assumptions I'm making. I figure if the box says these are special because of two cables, I'm assuming there are single cable boxes out there too.post #2484 of 27586/19/13 at 4:15pmGuys,
Sorry to have kept you guessing! I do have two cables, the injured one is the iphone cable. I actually use the iphone cable more than the audio-only as I use them at work so need to take calls etc. (Btw I'm using my v-moda cable right now as suggested.) Thanks again guyspost #2485 of 27586/20/13 at 10:22pmOk just did the dynamat mod and so far I am liking the change. It might be a bit to aggressive but if it starts to bother me I will try using the foam from one of my Shure headphone and see if that tames it down a bit.post #2486 of 27586/20/13 at 11:47pmQuote:
Ey dweaver, have you read my impressions on the dynamat mod? It was indeed weird and fatiguing for me at first but I found the sweet spot in terms of volume level. Once you discover that, it's an awesome experience. Really clear and full sounding I must say. I was at a point where I was already thinking of taking the dynamat off, but I'm glad I didn't.post #2487 of 27586/22/13 at 3:26ampost #2488 of 27586/23/13 at 1:30pm
Well, just picked up a pair from The Sony Store for a great price. My Momentums are a bit too bulky with their carrying case to bring onto a plane, as these lay flat (and are more comfortable for long flights), I thought why not. I still slightly prefer my Momentums to these, but for the $, the MDR-1Rs are an outstanding choice (and better for taking on a plane too).post #2489 of 27586/23/13 at 2:02pm
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
- Headphone Impedance
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 41 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Frank Ocean - Blonde is a great headphone album 3 minutes ago
- › Continental Dual Mono Tube Rolling Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 7 minutes ago
- › Looking for a new Amp/DAC for my HD650's to replace Fiio E7/E9 - On... 8 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 8 minutes ago
- › NECO SOUNDLABS PORTABLE V.2 AMP 9 minutes ago
- › Seahorse Carry Case 9 minutes ago
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...