- 2,152 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help choose my headphone :D Last post on 5/20/13 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 11/10/15 at 9:12am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Importing headphones... Last post on 3/1/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 166post #2476 of 27586/18/13 at 6:55amThat totally sucks dude. Try contacting Sony directly. The v-moda cables would have a better chance of surviving being pinched in a car door though, and they would fit perfectly as well. The downside is that they don't match the 1R aesthetically.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2477 of 27586/18/13 at 8:57ampost #2478 of 27586/18/13 at 9:35ampost #2479 of 27586/19/13 at 9:58ampost #2480 of 27586/19/13 at 10:05ampost #2481 of 27586/19/13 at 10:46am
I don't have the box in front of me, but I believe there is a small sticker on it that says mine are a special or limited edition that come with the iDevice cable. It just makes me believe there are versions without it then. I'll check on this when I get home tonight and take a pic of it if true. Mine were imported from Japan.post #2482 of 27586/19/13 at 11:31ampost #2483 of 27586/19/13 at 11:57am
Yup. Silver. I don't think it's specific to color as much as it is to region. Honestly, I don't know. They are just assumptions I'm making. I figure if the box says these are special because of two cables, I'm assuming there are single cable boxes out there too.post #2484 of 27586/19/13 at 4:15pmGuys,
Sorry to have kept you guessing! I do have two cables, the injured one is the iphone cable. I actually use the iphone cable more than the audio-only as I use them at work so need to take calls etc. (Btw I'm using my v-moda cable right now as suggested.) Thanks again guyspost #2485 of 27586/20/13 at 10:22pmOk just did the dynamat mod and so far I am liking the change. It might be a bit to aggressive but if it starts to bother me I will try using the foam from one of my Shure headphone and see if that tames it down a bit.post #2486 of 27586/20/13 at 11:47pmQuote:
Ey dweaver, have you read my impressions on the dynamat mod? It was indeed weird and fatiguing for me at first but I found the sweet spot in terms of volume level. Once you discover that, it's an awesome experience. Really clear and full sounding I must say. I was at a point where I was already thinking of taking the dynamat off, but I'm glad I didn't.post #2487 of 27586/22/13 at 3:26ampost #2488 of 27586/23/13 at 1:30pm
Well, just picked up a pair from The Sony Store for a great price. My Momentums are a bit too bulky with their carrying case to bring onto a plane, as these lay flat (and are more comfortable for long flights), I thought why not. I still slightly prefer my Momentums to these, but for the $, the MDR-1Rs are an outstanding choice (and better for taking on a plane too).post #2489 of 27586/23/13 at 2:02pm
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
- Headphone Impedance
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Looking for <€100 forward sounding energetic IEMs 32 seconds ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 32 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 45 seconds ago
- › Grado GS-2000e 1 minute ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 1 minute ago
- › Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones! 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...