- 2,152 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Toronto
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help choose my headphone :D Last post on 5/20/13 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 11/10/15 at 9:12am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Importing headphones... Last post on 3/1/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Not a whole lot to add that others have mentioned. I would have liked a traveling case included instead of a pouch, but I will let that slide for a couple of reasons. First is that the box that...
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 166post #2476 of 27586/18/13 at 6:55amThat totally sucks dude. Try contacting Sony directly. The v-moda cables would have a better chance of surviving being pinched in a car door though, and they would fit perfectly as well. The downside is that they don't match the 1R aesthetically.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2477 of 27586/18/13 at 8:57ampost #2478 of 27586/18/13 at 9:35ampost #2479 of 27586/19/13 at 9:58ampost #2480 of 27586/19/13 at 10:05ampost #2481 of 27586/19/13 at 10:46am
I don't have the box in front of me, but I believe there is a small sticker on it that says mine are a special or limited edition that come with the iDevice cable. It just makes me believe there are versions without it then. I'll check on this when I get home tonight and take a pic of it if true. Mine were imported from Japan.post #2482 of 27586/19/13 at 11:31ampost #2483 of 27586/19/13 at 11:57am
Yup. Silver. I don't think it's specific to color as much as it is to region. Honestly, I don't know. They are just assumptions I'm making. I figure if the box says these are special because of two cables, I'm assuming there are single cable boxes out there too.post #2484 of 27586/19/13 at 4:15pmGuys,
Sorry to have kept you guessing! I do have two cables, the injured one is the iphone cable. I actually use the iphone cable more than the audio-only as I use them at work so need to take calls etc. (Btw I'm using my v-moda cable right now as suggested.) Thanks again guyspost #2485 of 27586/20/13 at 10:22pmOk just did the dynamat mod and so far I am liking the change. It might be a bit to aggressive but if it starts to bother me I will try using the foam from one of my Shure headphone and see if that tames it down a bit.post #2486 of 27586/20/13 at 11:47pmQuote:
Ey dweaver, have you read my impressions on the dynamat mod? It was indeed weird and fatiguing for me at first but I found the sweet spot in terms of volume level. Once you discover that, it's an awesome experience. Really clear and full sounding I must say. I was at a point where I was already thinking of taking the dynamat off, but I'm glad I didn't.post #2487 of 27586/22/13 at 3:26ampost #2488 of 27586/23/13 at 1:30pm
Well, just picked up a pair from The Sony Store for a great price. My Momentums are a bit too bulky with their carrying case to bring onto a plane, as these lay flat (and are more comfortable for long flights), I thought why not. I still slightly prefer my Momentums to these, but for the $, the MDR-1Rs are an outstanding choice (and better for taking on a plane too).post #2489 of 27586/23/13 at 2:02pm
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 19 seconds ago
- › Astrotec Lyra with balanced plug (Shipping with tracking included) 43 seconds ago
- › ATH-L3000, no love for this headphone? 59 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...