Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 123

post #1831 of 2726
They are not slow for metal.
post #1832 of 2726
Never felt they were slow at all.
post #1833 of 2726
I listen to megadeth, pantera and metallica; sounds just as fast as my XBA3!
post #1834 of 2726

I bought the BT and I am very happy with it. I went to the sony store, and compared it to the regular version, and decided to go with the benefit of wireless.

To my ears, while they sounded different than the non BT version, I couldn't say that the sounded worse - just different.

I enjoy them very much, listning to them for couple of hours every day, and wireless is indeed a killer feature.

 

Unfortunately, I am one of those that feel the plastic on the tip of the right ear. 

To make a long story short, I had an old sony 7506 in the house, and I swapped the pads between the two pairs.

To me, the MDR-1RBT are much more comfortable with the 7506 ear pads, and I can't wait to try our the velour pads. 

post #1835 of 2726
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2012 View Post

I bought the BT and I am very happy with it. I went to the sony store, and compared it to the regular version, and decided to go with the benefit of wireless.
To my ears, while they sounded different than the non BT version, I couldn't say that the sounded worse - just different.
I enjoy them very much, listning to them for couple of hours every day, and wireless is indeed a killer feature.

Unfortunately, I am one of those that feel the plastic on the tip of the right ear. 
To make a long story short, I had an old sony 7506 in the house, and I swapped the pads between the two pairs.
To me, the MDR-1RBT are much more comfortable with the 7506 ear pads, and I can't wait to try our the velour pads. 

Great to hear. I'm gonna order the bluetooth version this week, can't wait to get it.

One question though, is there anyway to order just the ear pads? I love the velour pads on my dt770 and would love to have it on these aswell.
post #1836 of 2726

You can order Velour pads through Amazon or B&H.

 

There's the Beyerdynamics DT250 Velour that works with the V7506, so I am assuming that since I was able to use my 7506 pads on the MDR-1RBT, the DT250 pads would work as well.

 

There's also that Pearstone Deluxe earpads that should fit as well. The biggest benefit to the Pearstone ones is that they come with a cover to the speaker, unlike the Beyer ones that are simply on O ring. The pearstone ones received great reviews on Amazon as well as B&H, so I'll likely order them and give it a try.

 

On Amazon the Pearstone are significantly more expensive that B&H $20.

post #1837 of 2726
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2012 View Post

You can order Velour pads through Amazon or B&H.

 

There's the Beyerdynamics DT250 Velour that works with the V7506, so I am assuming that since I was able to use my 7506 pads on the MDR-1RBT, the DT250 pads would work as well.

 

There's also that Pearstone Deluxe earpads that should fit as well. The biggest benefit to the Pearstone ones is that they come with a cover to the speaker, unlike the Beyer ones that are simply on O ring. The pearstone ones received great reviews on Amazon as well as B&H, so I'll likely order them and give it a try.

 

On Amazon the Pearstone are significantly more expensive that B&H $20.


Does anyone know how to remove the earpads from MDR-1R. They use some plastic locking tabs, I couldn't figure out how to unlock them to take pads off.


Edited by Andrew_WOT - 2/13/13 at 2:35pm
post #1838 of 2726

On the 1RBT you just carefully pull them out...

post #1839 of 2726
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2012 View Post

On the 1RBT you just carefully pull them out...


Does it come off with the plastic O-ring or just pad itself. I was looking at the pictures on that russian site and by the look and their description it seems like pads are integrated with O-rings.

 

http://personalaudio.ru/review/full-size-headphones/naushniki_sony_1r_i_1rbt/


Edited by Andrew_WOT - 2/13/13 at 2:39pm
post #1840 of 2726

So are these only available online? I thought there was a sony store in boston but it's not coming up on their site
 

post #1841 of 2726

Looking at your link, I can tell that the 1RBT is a bit different. Is seems that on the 1R the pads have these little "holes" on the boundery that supposed to fit over the plastic tabs of the headphones. They probably did it to keep it in place. On the 1RBT, on the other hand, the pads looks exactly the same like the 7506 or V6 (no plastic tabs) - there are also no "holes" in the ear pads, and it just go into the gap on the phones.

 

BTW, I just bouht the Velour replacement pads for the 7506 and fitted them into the 1RBT. The fit perfectlly, and the difference in comfort is remarkable. Both the velour pads and pleather replacements pads of the 7506 have a grill gover that is soft and comfortable much more than that rough net inside the 1R/1RBT (I still can't understand why they did that). The soft grill cover is far more comforable, and the velour takes it to the next level.

 

With the velour pads, these are indeed the most comfortable pads that I have had, and the sound is to die for. I have never been so in love with another pair of headphones before. I'd suggest all of those that try to mod their own pads, to give these a try first. It's like magic. I also think that the bass is a bit more focused now as a result of the velour, and it seems to be in line with comments from those that replaced their OEM pads on the 7506 with velour ones. 

post #1842 of 2726

I plan on demoing the MDR-1R at the Sony store today, but they only have the 1RBT and 1RNC variants on display. I mostly just want to make sure I don't have any comfort issues (people here have reported of their ears touching the plastic). Is there a significant difference in sound between the the 1R and the 1RBT/1RNC? Or is it safe to say if I love or hate the 1RBT/1RNC sound, I'll likely feel the same way about the 1R?

post #1843 of 2726
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2012 View Post

Looking at your link, I can tell that the 1RBT is a bit different. Is seems that on the 1R the pads have these little "holes" on the boundery that supposed to fit over the plastic tabs of the headphones. They probably did it to keep it in place. On the 1RBT, on the other hand, the pads looks exactly the same like the 7506 or V6 (no plastic tabs) - there are also no "holes" in the ear pads, and it just go into the gap on the phones.

BTW, I just bouht the Velour replacement pads for the 7506 and fitted them into the 1RBT. The fit perfectlly, and the difference in comfort is remarkable. Both the velour pads and pleather replacements pads of the 7506 have a grill gover that is soft and comfortable much more than that rough net inside the 1R/1RBT (I still can't understand why they did that). The soft grill cover is far more comforable, and the velour takes it to the next level.

With the velour pads, these are indeed the most comfortable pads that I have had, and the sound is to die for. I have never been so in love with another pair of headphones before. I'd suggest all of those that try to mod their own pads, to give these a try first. It's like magic. I also think that the bass is a bit more focused now as a result of the velour, and it seems to be in line with comments from those that replaced their OEM pads on the 7506 with velour ones. 

Where did you get them? I can't seem to find any. Thanks for he tip btw, the current ear pads are really not so comfortable on my ears, which is sad because I'm truly in love with the sound.

Also, is the isolation/leakage the same with the velour pads?
post #1844 of 2726
Quote:
Originally Posted by acti0n View Post

I plan on demoing the MDR-1R at the Sony store today, but they only have the 1RBT and 1RNC variants on display. I mostly just want to make sure I don't have any comfort issues (people here have reported of their ears touching the plastic). Is there a significant difference in sound between the the 1R and the 1RBT/1RNC? Or is it safe to say if I love or hate the 
1RBT/1RNC sound, I'll likely feel the same way about the 1R?

It's pretty safe too say that you'll like the wired version if you like the BT version. The BT version sounds pretty much identical with a wire or bluetooth.
post #1845 of 2726

Okay, I got a big problem here guys.

 

So I've been using my MDR-1RBT now for a couple of hours, using bluetooth through my Galaxy Note. I'm about to take a walk with the dog, and as soon as I leave the house, the left speaker just mutes out of nowhere. It just goes mute for no reason. Now, hours later, it's still not working. I've tried everything from re-powering it, re-pairing, re-charging. Nothing works. Then I decided to try it using the cable.. and it works! So it's obviously some fault with the bluetooth in the headphones themselves. I've tried it from 3 sources, my galaxy note, my ipod touch 4th gen and my taotronics bluetooth transmitter. Same on each and everyone of them.

 

Any help is appreciated.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R