Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sony MDR-1R / MDR-1RNC fix for jack rattle Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portable Headhones for $400 or less Last post on 2/11/13 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 120
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1787 of 27041/29/13 at 5:52pmIt all depends on how much volume you use. I have them on my head right now with moderate (not too high and not low) volume, just asked my fiancé if she can hear anything (she's inches away from me) and she said she couldn't hear anything.
Edited by roma101 - 1/29/13 at 5:53pmpost #1788 of 27041/29/13 at 6:41pmQuote:
Scratching head?post #1789 of 27041/29/13 at 6:45pmQuote:Nothing wrong with that..her gets engaged to her. He got engaged to he...Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT
You must have missed the news of the Korean chap who got married to his pillow (no joke).post #1790 of 27041/29/13 at 8:06pmpost #1791 of 27041/29/13 at 8:17pmpost #1792 of 27041/30/13 at 10:35amQuote:
How come you're selling them now?post #1793 of 27041/30/13 at 10:47ampost #1794 of 27041/30/13 at 11:49am
Haven't tried, but they should be good. Decent bass, relatively large soundstage for a closed portable. One of the reasons why I didn't like the Z1000 was that its weird presentation made movies and TV shows sound very strange and hollow. Haven't had that problem yet with the 1R.post #1795 of 27041/30/13 at 11:56amQuote:Originally Posted by HeroicPenguin
Haven't tried, but they should be good. Decent bass, relatively large soundstage for a closed portable. One of the reasons why I didn't like the Z1000 was that its weird presentation made movies and TV shows sound very strange and hollow. Haven't had that problem yet with the 1R.
Thanks man, I've been looking at this headphone for a while now since it first came out and I really will use it for casual use at my desk.post #1796 of 27041/30/13 at 12:28pmpost #1797 of 27041/30/13 at 12:45pm
We're all very sad to hear the news, Thank you for sharing. :P
Z1000 doesn't have a weird presentation. It was nicely defined to my ears, with SA5000 and my Sextetts as reference. I hope the 1R follows suit.post #1798 of 27041/30/13 at 12:54pmQuote:
I feel like people either hate or love the Z1000post #1799 of 27041/30/13 at 12:59pm
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 2 minutes ago
- › Portable Setup <$600 for Grado-Head? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)