Does anyone know whether the 1RNC noise cancelling version is physically larger than the regular 1R? I know it would be heavier because of the circuitry, and the driver is larger, but are the cups the same size? I've seen them both, but in different stores, not side by side so I couldn't compare them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help choose my headphone :D Last post on 5/20/13 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 2/20/15 at 9:28am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Importing headphones... Last post on 3/1/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 119post #1771 of 27391/25/13 at 1:13pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1772 of 27391/28/13 at 1:53ampost #1773 of 27391/28/13 at 6:34amQuote:
Like 60mm heigh, 40mm width, and like ~12-22 mm deep due to angled driver.post #1774 of 27391/28/13 at 10:11amI have comfort issues with my right ear with the mdr-1r, it is really annoying as I love the headphone regarding sound and looks. My ears looks normal but it is that 2.mm extra they stick out on the right side that makes it touch the plastic.. Tried to stuff some cloth under the pleather but they lost the comfy feel then. Will buy some thicker fit/cloth and make holes in it to cover the driver instead. Might help if it is just not as hard as the plastic.post #1775 of 27391/28/13 at 11:22ampost #1776 of 27391/28/13 at 11:49ampost #1777 of 27391/28/13 at 1:45pmQuote:
The pouch is expandable.
But I don't know about the CASE. Whether it is hard or soft, whether player would get crumped inside resulting in scratches/damage, whether I can add an extra slice of pizza.... you get the pointpost #1778 of 27391/28/13 at 2:05pmpost #1779 of 27391/28/13 at 3:11pmpost #1780 of 27391/29/13 at 1:49pm
Could anyone please tell me about the leakage? I love simply everything about these headphones, but they're pretty expensive and I would love to know just how much these leak.post #1781 of 27391/29/13 at 2:19pmpost #1782 of 27391/29/13 at 2:19pmpost #1783 of 27391/29/13 at 3:04pmQuote:
Thank you for the fast reply.
Thing is, people have said similar things about headphones that do leak quite a bit. Like the M50's, they leak quite bad at high volumes, despite the fact that most people say they don't leak.post #1784 of 27391/29/13 at 3:11pmpost #1785 of 27391/29/13 at 3:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Genocide174
Thing is, people have said similar things about headphones that do leak quite a bit. Like the M50's, they leak quite bad at high volumes, despite the fact that most people say they don't leak.
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 15 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship |... 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for Over Ear Headphones $300 or under 2 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 4 minutes ago
- › stuck with the decision of new headphones 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3