Does anyone know whether the 1RNC noise cancelling version is physically larger than the regular 1R? I know it would be heavier because of the circuitry, and the driver is larger, but are the cups the same size? I've seen them both, but in different stores, not side by side so I couldn't compare them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sony MDR-1R / MDR-1RNC fix for jack rattle Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portable Headhones for $400 or less Last post on 2/11/13 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 119post #1771 of 26861/25/13 at 1:13pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1772 of 26861/28/13 at 1:53ampost #1773 of 26861/28/13 at 6:34amQuote:
Like 60mm heigh, 40mm width, and like ~12-22 mm deep due to angled driver.post #1774 of 26861/28/13 at 10:11amI have comfort issues with my right ear with the mdr-1r, it is really annoying as I love the headphone regarding sound and looks. My ears looks normal but it is that 2.mm extra they stick out on the right side that makes it touch the plastic.. Tried to stuff some cloth under the pleather but they lost the comfy feel then. Will buy some thicker fit/cloth and make holes in it to cover the driver instead. Might help if it is just not as hard as the plastic.post #1775 of 26861/28/13 at 11:22ampost #1776 of 26861/28/13 at 11:49ampost #1777 of 26861/28/13 at 1:45pmQuote:
The pouch is expandable.
But I don't know about the CASE. Whether it is hard or soft, whether player would get crumped inside resulting in scratches/damage, whether I can add an extra slice of pizza.... you get the pointpost #1778 of 26861/28/13 at 2:05pmpost #1779 of 26861/28/13 at 3:11pmpost #1780 of 26861/29/13 at 1:49pm
Could anyone please tell me about the leakage? I love simply everything about these headphones, but they're pretty expensive and I would love to know just how much these leak.post #1781 of 26861/29/13 at 2:19pmpost #1782 of 26861/29/13 at 2:19pmpost #1783 of 26861/29/13 at 3:04pmQuote:
Thank you for the fast reply.
Thing is, people have said similar things about headphones that do leak quite a bit. Like the M50's, they leak quite bad at high volumes, despite the fact that most people say they don't leak.post #1784 of 26861/29/13 at 3:11pmpost #1785 of 26861/29/13 at 3:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Genocide174
Thing is, people have said similar things about headphones that do leak quite a bit. Like the M50's, they leak quite bad at high volumes, despite the fact that most people say they don't leak.
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 18 seconds ago
- › Poll: To sleeve or not to sleeve? 53 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Atonal Music 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones to work with my Computer - Advice 5 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 6 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 6 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 7 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)