- 392 Posts. Joined 2/2007
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R / MDR-1RNC fix for jack rattle Last post on 5/3/13 at 2:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portable Headhones for $400 or less Last post on 2/11/13 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Question] Looking for a headphone + tinnitus Last post on 11/30/12 at 1:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
I have a review thread comparing the TMA-1 Studio with the Sony MDR-1R, Z1000, Sennheiser Momentum, Logitech UE 6000 and Audio Technica M50...
I have a review thread comparing the Sony 7550, EX1000, XBA-4 and XBA-40...
I have a review thread comparing the Sony EX1000, 7550, XBA-4 and XBA-40...
I have made a review thread comparing the Sony MDR-1R with the Sennhesier Momentum, MDR-Z1000, Logitech UE 6000, Audio Technica ATH-M50 and AIAIAI TMA-1...
I have made a review thread comparing the Momentum with the Sony MDR-1R, MDR-Z1000, Logitech UE 6000, Audio Technica ATH-M50 and AIAIAI TMA-1...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 101post #1501 of 24301/1/13 at 12:38pmWhere do you spray silicone spray on the headphone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1502 of 24301/1/13 at 3:09pmQuote:
1R obviously have more forward midrange, and m50 obviously has more treble. Bass IME the m50 has tighter bass but thats a super burned-in m50 (like 1000 hours) and the 1R is less than 100 hours of playtime. The 1R has more "spacious feel" than the m50 and is alot more comfortable. Both headphones have that somewhat nasty clamp below your ear and that is very irritating to me. Not as bad as k518 clamp though.post #1503 of 24301/1/13 at 5:55pmQuote:
:3 who knows? I've never had any uncomfortable phones >_> only cause I've had 2 headphones. Iono about my z1000. Maybe the designers were once from beats >:0 those fugly phones. Gaming headsets also fugly. I can't imagine circum aural being uncomfy, but i know supras are. The 1r seems to have the best of all 3 for a closed phone :3post #1504 of 24301/1/13 at 9:29pmpost #1505 of 24301/1/13 at 9:50pmpost #1506 of 24301/2/13 at 3:06ampost #1507 of 24301/2/13 at 3:58amQuote:
No they don't need an amp at all, I've tried them with E17, there's no need.post #1508 of 24301/2/13 at 4:47amQuote:
Ah , that's good to know , thank you.
Side note I : My left ear cup squeaks when I move it , like when I'm putting the cans on or taking them off , they don't irritate me while I listen to music or am nodding to the music though. I'm not to sure which part of the plastic is rubbing against each other :/ , so I used silicone spray randomly on the part where the cups swivel but to no avail. Sigh..
Side note II: Burned them in to pink noise overnight but couldn't hear the difference , then just after a few more tracks the bass seemed more noticeable and "thumpier ".post #1509 of 24301/2/13 at 5:01ampost #1510 of 24301/2/13 at 6:01am
Just ordered one aswell, looking forward to em. Been so mixed on my next buy as im getting rid of the AKG K550 since I found them abit to boring and cold but at the same time I like them. Also I will not look so stupid at the office or at uni as it will not cover the whole head. Got them for 250$ trough sale, its usually cost 500-600$ for the normal version here in Norway.
Anyone who can give an opinion on how they feel if you have them around the neck?
Often when I have conversation with others I like to not have to take them of my head. My K550 is way to big and the DT880 is smaller but still abit to much.
Edited by Leonarfd - 1/2/13 at 6:46ampost #1511 of 24301/2/13 at 6:15pm
sounding better with more burn in.
still, having both the K167 and MDR1R couldn't be further from each other as closed cans.
one, warm and smooth, loose and less detailed and another crisp, detailed, cold and tight.post #1512 of 24301/2/13 at 6:54pmQuote:
Sounds like what I would end up with if I had a threesome...post #1513 of 24301/2/13 at 8:45pmQuote:
which one is which?post #1514 of 24301/3/13 at 12:39am
I think what stops the MDR-1R from being a flagship is really just the build / material selection (plastic). That said, between the magnesium flagship EX1000 and plastic professional monitor 7550, I prefer the 7550. Between the magnesium flagship (discontinued) Z1000 and the plastic MDR-1R, I prefer the MDR-1R. My wallet agrees wholeheartedly.
I think the big advantage of the MDR-1R that Andrew_MOT mentions about soundstage / presentation vs the Momentum's is correct. My Momentum's sound extremely precise and impactful, the MDR-1R sounds more musical, diffuse, spacious and relaxed. It depends on what you want; some days I like the Senny, some days I like the Sony.
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Need help picking basshead headphones 2 seconds ago
- › The tip of my 1/4" jack on my HE-500's just broke off inside my DAC! 1 minute ago
- › Review: SoundMAGIC HP200 - An Excellent Open Back Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Can over the ear headphones change the shape of my ears? 4 minutes ago
- › Is burn in real or placebo? 4 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › TDK BA200 - Impressions and Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-1 Balanced Armature Headphones-1 Driver by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-XB900 | EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by a_recording
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio Headphones by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-7550 In-Ear Monitors (IEM) by a_recording
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-1R by a_recording
- › Sennheiser Momentum by a_recording
- › Soundmagic HP200 by Quadpatch
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Lightweight Audiophile AV Over-Ear Headphones (Black) by CrystalT
- › JVC HA-FXT90 by JoeDoe
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe