- 552 Posts. Joined 2/2007
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help choose my headphone :D Last post on 5/20/13 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 1/11/15 at 6:43am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Importing headphones... Last post on 3/1/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Scott Byrer, Director of Marketing at Master & Dynamic for...
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 101post #1501 of 27331/1/13 at 12:38pmWhere do you spray silicone spray on the headphone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1502 of 27331/1/13 at 3:09pmQuote:
1R obviously have more forward midrange, and m50 obviously has more treble. Bass IME the m50 has tighter bass but thats a super burned-in m50 (like 1000 hours) and the 1R is less than 100 hours of playtime. The 1R has more "spacious feel" than the m50 and is alot more comfortable. Both headphones have that somewhat nasty clamp below your ear and that is very irritating to me. Not as bad as k518 clamp though.post #1503 of 27331/1/13 at 5:55pmQuote:
:3 who knows? I've never had any uncomfortable phones >_> only cause I've had 2 headphones. Iono about my z1000. Maybe the designers were once from beats >:0 those fugly phones. Gaming headsets also fugly. I can't imagine circum aural being uncomfy, but i know supras are. The 1r seems to have the best of all 3 for a closed phone :3post #1504 of 27331/1/13 at 9:29pmpost #1505 of 27331/1/13 at 9:50pmpost #1506 of 27331/2/13 at 3:06ampost #1507 of 27331/2/13 at 3:58amQuote:
No they don't need an amp at all, I've tried them with E17, there's no need.post #1508 of 27331/2/13 at 4:47amQuote:
Ah , that's good to know , thank you.
Side note I : My left ear cup squeaks when I move it , like when I'm putting the cans on or taking them off , they don't irritate me while I listen to music or am nodding to the music though. I'm not to sure which part of the plastic is rubbing against each other :/ , so I used silicone spray randomly on the part where the cups swivel but to no avail. Sigh..
Side note II: Burned them in to pink noise overnight but couldn't hear the difference , then just after a few more tracks the bass seemed more noticeable and "thumpier ".post #1509 of 27331/2/13 at 5:01ampost #1510 of 27331/2/13 at 6:01am
Just ordered one aswell, looking forward to em. Been so mixed on my next buy as im getting rid of the AKG K550 since I found them abit to boring and cold but at the same time I like them. Also I will not look so stupid at the office or at uni as it will not cover the whole head. Got them for 250$ trough sale, its usually cost 500-600$ for the normal version here in Norway.
Anyone who can give an opinion on how they feel if you have them around the neck?
Often when I have conversation with others I like to not have to take them of my head. My K550 is way to big and the DT880 is smaller but still abit to much.
Edited by Leonarfd - 1/2/13 at 6:46ampost #1511 of 27331/2/13 at 6:15pm
sounding better with more burn in.
still, having both the K167 and MDR1R couldn't be further from each other as closed cans.
one, warm and smooth, loose and less detailed and another crisp, detailed, cold and tight.post #1512 of 27331/2/13 at 6:54pmQuote:
Sounds like what I would end up with if I had a threesome...post #1513 of 27331/2/13 at 8:45pmQuote:
which one is which?post #1514 of 27331/3/13 at 12:39am
I think what stops the MDR-1R from being a flagship is really just the build / material selection (plastic). That said, between the magnesium flagship EX1000 and plastic professional monitor 7550, I prefer the 7550. Between the magnesium flagship (discontinued) Z1000 and the plastic MDR-1R, I prefer the MDR-1R. My wallet agrees wholeheartedly.
I think the big advantage of the MDR-1R that Andrew_MOT mentions about soundstage / presentation vs the Momentum's is correct. My Momentum's sound extremely precise and impactful, the MDR-1R sounds more musical, diffuse, spacious and relaxed. It depends on what you want; some days I like the Senny, some days I like the Sony.
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Band Name Game II 14 seconds ago
- › Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise 23 seconds ago
- › Pro700mk2 vs Beats Solo 2 vs Something Else 47 seconds ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 59 seconds ago
- › $150~170 Closed Balanced/Neutral Headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Can someone help me calculate the dB level of my headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What is a closed headphone upgrade that is leaps and bounds above... 3 minutes ago
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC by lalojimenez
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by thatBeatsguy
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3