- 533 Posts. Joined 2/2007
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sony MDR-1R / MDR-1RNC fix for jack rattle Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portable Headhones for $400 or less Last post on 2/11/13 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 101post #1501 of 26721/1/13 at 12:38pmWhere do you spray silicone spray on the headphone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1502 of 26721/1/13 at 3:09pmQuote:
1R obviously have more forward midrange, and m50 obviously has more treble. Bass IME the m50 has tighter bass but thats a super burned-in m50 (like 1000 hours) and the 1R is less than 100 hours of playtime. The 1R has more "spacious feel" than the m50 and is alot more comfortable. Both headphones have that somewhat nasty clamp below your ear and that is very irritating to me. Not as bad as k518 clamp though.post #1503 of 26721/1/13 at 5:55pmQuote:
:3 who knows? I've never had any uncomfortable phones >_> only cause I've had 2 headphones. Iono about my z1000. Maybe the designers were once from beats >:0 those fugly phones. Gaming headsets also fugly. I can't imagine circum aural being uncomfy, but i know supras are. The 1r seems to have the best of all 3 for a closed phone :3post #1504 of 26721/1/13 at 9:29pmpost #1505 of 26721/1/13 at 9:50pmpost #1506 of 26721/2/13 at 3:06ampost #1507 of 26721/2/13 at 3:58amQuote:
No they don't need an amp at all, I've tried them with E17, there's no need.post #1508 of 26721/2/13 at 4:47amQuote:
Ah , that's good to know , thank you.
Side note I : My left ear cup squeaks when I move it , like when I'm putting the cans on or taking them off , they don't irritate me while I listen to music or am nodding to the music though. I'm not to sure which part of the plastic is rubbing against each other :/ , so I used silicone spray randomly on the part where the cups swivel but to no avail. Sigh..
Side note II: Burned them in to pink noise overnight but couldn't hear the difference , then just after a few more tracks the bass seemed more noticeable and "thumpier ".post #1509 of 26721/2/13 at 5:01ampost #1510 of 26721/2/13 at 6:01am
Just ordered one aswell, looking forward to em. Been so mixed on my next buy as im getting rid of the AKG K550 since I found them abit to boring and cold but at the same time I like them. Also I will not look so stupid at the office or at uni as it will not cover the whole head. Got them for 250$ trough sale, its usually cost 500-600$ for the normal version here in Norway.
Anyone who can give an opinion on how they feel if you have them around the neck?
Often when I have conversation with others I like to not have to take them of my head. My K550 is way to big and the DT880 is smaller but still abit to much.
Edited by Leonarfd - 1/2/13 at 6:46ampost #1511 of 26721/2/13 at 6:15pm
sounding better with more burn in.
still, having both the K167 and MDR1R couldn't be further from each other as closed cans.
one, warm and smooth, loose and less detailed and another crisp, detailed, cold and tight.post #1512 of 26721/2/13 at 6:54pmQuote:
Sounds like what I would end up with if I had a threesome...post #1513 of 26721/2/13 at 8:45pmQuote:
which one is which?post #1514 of 26721/3/13 at 12:39am
I think what stops the MDR-1R from being a flagship is really just the build / material selection (plastic). That said, between the magnesium flagship EX1000 and plastic professional monitor 7550, I prefer the 7550. Between the magnesium flagship (discontinued) Z1000 and the plastic MDR-1R, I prefer the MDR-1R. My wallet agrees wholeheartedly.
I think the big advantage of the MDR-1R that Andrew_MOT mentions about soundstage / presentation vs the Momentum's is correct. My Momentum's sound extremely precise and impactful, the MDR-1R sounds more musical, diffuse, spacious and relaxed. It depends on what you want; some days I like the Senny, some days I like the Sony.
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Fischer audio Silver Bullet FS 25 EU, - Still in packaging. 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 3/12/2014: Monster... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-03-14b2) 3 minutes ago
- › New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms 4 minutes ago
- › Stax Stigma - Pristine Condition 4 minutes ago
- › Where do I go from the M100s? 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 5 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 5 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude