- 559 Posts. Joined 2/2007
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help choose my headphone :D Last post on 5/20/13 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 11/10/15 at 9:12am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Importing headphones... Last post on 3/1/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 101post #1501 of 27581/1/13 at 12:38pmWhere do you spray silicone spray on the headphone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1502 of 27581/1/13 at 3:09pmQuote:
1R obviously have more forward midrange, and m50 obviously has more treble. Bass IME the m50 has tighter bass but thats a super burned-in m50 (like 1000 hours) and the 1R is less than 100 hours of playtime. The 1R has more "spacious feel" than the m50 and is alot more comfortable. Both headphones have that somewhat nasty clamp below your ear and that is very irritating to me. Not as bad as k518 clamp though.post #1503 of 27581/1/13 at 5:55pmQuote:
:3 who knows? I've never had any uncomfortable phones >_> only cause I've had 2 headphones. Iono about my z1000. Maybe the designers were once from beats >:0 those fugly phones. Gaming headsets also fugly. I can't imagine circum aural being uncomfy, but i know supras are. The 1r seems to have the best of all 3 for a closed phone :3post #1504 of 27581/1/13 at 9:29pmpost #1505 of 27581/1/13 at 9:50pmpost #1506 of 27581/2/13 at 3:06ampost #1507 of 27581/2/13 at 3:58amQuote:
No they don't need an amp at all, I've tried them with E17, there's no need.post #1508 of 27581/2/13 at 4:47amQuote:
Ah , that's good to know , thank you.
Side note I : My left ear cup squeaks when I move it , like when I'm putting the cans on or taking them off , they don't irritate me while I listen to music or am nodding to the music though. I'm not to sure which part of the plastic is rubbing against each other :/ , so I used silicone spray randomly on the part where the cups swivel but to no avail. Sigh..
Side note II: Burned them in to pink noise overnight but couldn't hear the difference , then just after a few more tracks the bass seemed more noticeable and "thumpier ".post #1509 of 27581/2/13 at 5:01ampost #1510 of 27581/2/13 at 6:01am
Just ordered one aswell, looking forward to em. Been so mixed on my next buy as im getting rid of the AKG K550 since I found them abit to boring and cold but at the same time I like them. Also I will not look so stupid at the office or at uni as it will not cover the whole head. Got them for 250$ trough sale, its usually cost 500-600$ for the normal version here in Norway.
Anyone who can give an opinion on how they feel if you have them around the neck?
Often when I have conversation with others I like to not have to take them of my head. My K550 is way to big and the DT880 is smaller but still abit to much.
Edited by Leonarfd - 1/2/13 at 6:46ampost #1511 of 27581/2/13 at 6:15pm
sounding better with more burn in.
still, having both the K167 and MDR1R couldn't be further from each other as closed cans.
one, warm and smooth, loose and less detailed and another crisp, detailed, cold and tight.post #1512 of 27581/2/13 at 6:54pmQuote:
Sounds like what I would end up with if I had a threesome...post #1513 of 27581/2/13 at 8:45pmQuote:
which one is which?post #1514 of 27581/3/13 at 12:39am
I think what stops the MDR-1R from being a flagship is really just the build / material selection (plastic). That said, between the magnesium flagship EX1000 and plastic professional monitor 7550, I prefer the 7550. Between the magnesium flagship (discontinued) Z1000 and the plastic MDR-1R, I prefer the MDR-1R. My wallet agrees wholeheartedly.
I think the big advantage of the MDR-1R that Andrew_MOT mentions about soundstage / presentation vs the Momentum's is correct. My Momentum's sound extremely precise and impactful, the MDR-1R sounds more musical, diffuse, spacious and relaxed. It depends on what you want; some days I like the Senny, some days I like the Sony.
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
- Headphone Impedance
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 27 seconds ago
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7) 1 minute ago
- › Dismantling guide for the DT 1350 - Should help with re-cabling and... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 1 minute ago
- › BEST HEADPHONES UNDER $400 1 minute ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO's new Q1 portable DAC-amp: Let's drink to "Happy Listening"! 2 minutes ago
- › LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...