i am somewhat a sony fanboy but i think most sony models are mediocre =(
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sony MDR-1R / MDR-1RNC fix for jack rattle Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portable Headhones for $400 or less Last post on 2/11/13 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 26729/5/12 at 7:17pmQuote:
I think their main strength is IEMs. Headphones are definitely a bit hit and miss.post #154 of 26729/6/12 at 12:59am
I share the same sentiments. Every time they announce something new, i get all hyped up, only to be let down again and again, but i tell myself, its okay, lets see how they improve, but there's only so many times one can give chances.
I hope to see them come back with the energy and innovation they had 10, 15 years ago.post #155 of 26729/6/12 at 6:58pmpost #156 of 26729/9/12 at 3:01pmpost #157 of 26729/9/12 at 4:39pm
Looks like he beat Jude to the punch on that one.Quote:Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition
Seems like the MDR-1R is ready for the battle of the new portable headphones.
Just to let you all know (again) - the entire SONY MDR-1R Series is in the Closed Mid-Fi Portable Battle 2012.
Drop by with your thoughts - and provide reviews once you get yours!
I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that...
Oh BTW, maybe the MDR-1R should be in some kind of closed, mid-fi portable battle thing. Yeah, I know it sounds crazy, but maybe someone can look into it. Just a thought...post #159 of 26729/13/12 at 8:44ampost #160 of 26729/14/12 at 4:29amDigging into the differences of the phones in this range, I noticed some numbers in http://ipaper.ipapercms.dk/Sonyshop/DK/MDR1R/
MDR-1R: 1500 mW capacity, 40 mm HD driver unit, 4-80 000 Hz, 105 db/mW, 48 Ohm
MDR-1RNC, 100mW capacity, 50 mm driver unit, 5-24 000 Hz, 103 db/mW, 51 Ohm
MDR-1RBT seem to share pretty much the same properties as the MDR-1R. Anyone mind explaining if this means that the NC phones are less capable? Might consider picking up the BT phones instead, though I guess I would miss the NC on buses and trains.
Edited by mikaelberg - 9/14/12 at 4:31ampost #162 of 26729/14/12 at 9:46am
Since when did bigger driver mean bigger bass? Let's see now XB1000 - 70mm, XB700, 50mm, XB500 - 40mm and in bass they go in the order big, bigger, biggest. In headphone world a 40mm driver can already output 15dB bass boosts, which is probably not even the physical driver limit but the limit at which the sound engineers feels "yea no use to go bigger than this even if geared towards bassheads".
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 9/14/12 at 9:49am
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Audeze LCD-X 6 seconds ago
- › Jazz Recommendations from this Century 51 seconds ago
- › Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Tube Change/Biasing a Stax 006t II 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 3 minutes ago
- › Help the Newbie pick some Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › LCD-2 vs Grado RS2i 5 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude