i am somewhat a sony fanboy but i think most sony models are mediocre =(
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help choose my headphone :D Last post on 5/20/13 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 6/13/15 at 5:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Importing headphones... Last post on 3/1/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and...
I don't really want to talk about the use of these for music. They were once the king under $100, and still are very good for the price -- but the best low-end headphones today would give all but...
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 27489/5/12 at 7:17pmQuote:
I think their main strength is IEMs. Headphones are definitely a bit hit and miss.post #154 of 27489/6/12 at 12:59am
I share the same sentiments. Every time they announce something new, i get all hyped up, only to be let down again and again, but i tell myself, its okay, lets see how they improve, but there's only so many times one can give chances.
I hope to see them come back with the energy and innovation they had 10, 15 years ago.post #155 of 27489/6/12 at 6:58pmpost #156 of 27489/9/12 at 3:01pmpost #157 of 27489/9/12 at 4:39pm
Looks like he beat Jude to the punch on that one.Quote:Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition
Seems like the MDR-1R is ready for the battle of the new portable headphones.
Just to let you all know (again) - the entire SONY MDR-1R Series is in the Closed Mid-Fi Portable Battle 2012.
Drop by with your thoughts - and provide reviews once you get yours!
I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that...
Oh BTW, maybe the MDR-1R should be in some kind of closed, mid-fi portable battle thing. Yeah, I know it sounds crazy, but maybe someone can look into it. Just a thought...post #159 of 27489/13/12 at 8:44ampost #160 of 27489/14/12 at 4:29amDigging into the differences of the phones in this range, I noticed some numbers in http://ipaper.ipapercms.dk/Sonyshop/DK/MDR1R/
MDR-1R: 1500 mW capacity, 40 mm HD driver unit, 4-80 000 Hz, 105 db/mW, 48 Ohm
MDR-1RNC, 100mW capacity, 50 mm driver unit, 5-24 000 Hz, 103 db/mW, 51 Ohm
MDR-1RBT seem to share pretty much the same properties as the MDR-1R. Anyone mind explaining if this means that the NC phones are less capable? Might consider picking up the BT phones instead, though I guess I would miss the NC on buses and trains.
Edited by mikaelberg - 9/14/12 at 4:31ampost #162 of 27489/14/12 at 9:46am
Since when did bigger driver mean bigger bass? Let's see now XB1000 - 70mm, XB700, 50mm, XB500 - 40mm and in bass they go in the order big, bigger, biggest. In headphone world a 40mm driver can already output 15dB bass boosts, which is probably not even the physical driver limit but the limit at which the sound engineers feels "yea no use to go bigger than this even if geared towards bassheads".
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 9/14/12 at 9:49am
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
- Headphone Impedance
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 31 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Millett "Starving Student" hybrid amp 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 5 minutes ago
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2