i am somewhat a sony fanboy but i think most sony models are mediocre =(
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help choose my headphone :D Last post on 5/20/13 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 6/13/15 at 5:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Importing headphones... Last post on 3/1/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 11
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 27489/5/12 at 7:17pmQuote:
I think their main strength is IEMs. Headphones are definitely a bit hit and miss.post #154 of 27489/6/12 at 12:59am
I share the same sentiments. Every time they announce something new, i get all hyped up, only to be let down again and again, but i tell myself, its okay, lets see how they improve, but there's only so many times one can give chances.
I hope to see them come back with the energy and innovation they had 10, 15 years ago.post #155 of 27489/6/12 at 6:58pmpost #156 of 27489/9/12 at 3:01pmpost #157 of 27489/9/12 at 4:39pm
Looks like he beat Jude to the punch on that one.Quote:Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition
Seems like the MDR-1R is ready for the battle of the new portable headphones.
Just to let you all know (again) - the entire SONY MDR-1R Series is in the Closed Mid-Fi Portable Battle 2012.
Drop by with your thoughts - and provide reviews once you get yours!
I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that...
Oh BTW, maybe the MDR-1R should be in some kind of closed, mid-fi portable battle thing. Yeah, I know it sounds crazy, but maybe someone can look into it. Just a thought...post #159 of 27489/13/12 at 8:44ampost #160 of 27489/14/12 at 4:29amDigging into the differences of the phones in this range, I noticed some numbers in http://ipaper.ipapercms.dk/Sonyshop/DK/MDR1R/
MDR-1R: 1500 mW capacity, 40 mm HD driver unit, 4-80 000 Hz, 105 db/mW, 48 Ohm
MDR-1RNC, 100mW capacity, 50 mm driver unit, 5-24 000 Hz, 103 db/mW, 51 Ohm
MDR-1RBT seem to share pretty much the same properties as the MDR-1R. Anyone mind explaining if this means that the NC phones are less capable? Might consider picking up the BT phones instead, though I guess I would miss the NC on buses and trains.
Edited by mikaelberg - 9/14/12 at 4:31ampost #162 of 27489/14/12 at 9:46am
Since when did bigger driver mean bigger bass? Let's see now XB1000 - 70mm, XB700, 50mm, XB500 - 40mm and in bass they go in the order big, bigger, biggest. In headphone world a 40mm driver can already output 15dB bass boosts, which is probably not even the physical driver limit but the limit at which the sound engineers feels "yea no use to go bigger than this even if geared towards bassheads".
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 9/14/12 at 9:49am
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › Where to Find Legal Lossless Downloads 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 6 minutes ago
- › Grado SR225e owner: Sr325e vs PS500e vs RS2e - which way to upgrade? 6 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 8 minutes ago
- › Why are HD700's ~$500 8 minutes ago
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3