Has anyone compared the 1R to the MA900? Those are the two current Sony headphones that interest me. Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help choose my headphone :D Last post on 5/20/13 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 6/13/15 at 5:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Importing headphones... Last post on 3/1/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
Introduction: Peter Wong Audio is a Hong Kong based brand, and Peter, Ceo of th company, offers many different products such as mini to mini and IEM cables, several adapters, interconnects and...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 72post #1066 of 274811/29/12 at 4:50pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 274811/29/12 at 8:47pmQuote:
i don't think the 1R series is the new flagship, it's just another consumer product.
the current flagship model still goes to Z1000 in term of availability.post #1068 of 274811/29/12 at 9:13pm
I agree with Noir :D most of Sony's flagships, if not all, weren't made of complete plastic. There's usually metal (magnesium I think). They're usually are made for studio use I think (with the 1/4 inch jacks and all of that good stuff). The sound also usually impresses people like HiFiGuy, but he said these didn't impress out of the box and had the sound signature a lot of today's phones have.
Edited by MrViolin - 11/29/12 at 9:17pmpost #1069 of 274811/29/12 at 9:33pmpost #1070 of 274811/29/12 at 10:20pmQuote:
The last "audiophile" product they had was MDR-SA5000, everything else, including Z1000, are just mass consumer oriented products.
Pretty sad for the company that developed all time greatest R-10 and no compromises, technological marvel Qualia.post #1072 of 274811/30/12 at 1:55amHaha, seems turn to negative side feedback. My 1R already 150 hours burn. Sound not bad but also not fantastic. What is getting surprise me is the bass quantity now getting lesser and lesser.
I am bass head x.xpost #1073 of 274811/30/12 at 3:03amQuote:
in that case you should tried the M100 or Momentum :D
i'm still waiting for the 1R to arrive in local store.post #1074 of 274811/30/12 at 11:08amQuote:
These are two major 1R competitors now and based on some impressions I've read (headphoneaddict, dweaver), R1 is less darker than either. I should get mine in a couple of days, I hope. We'll see how it fares against K271S and ESW9.
Edited by Andrew_WOT - 11/30/12 at 11:10ampost #1076 of 274811/30/12 at 2:47pm
I'm looking for an upgrade for my portable headphone (HD25). Does anyone own both the HD25 and 1r and can compare them? What I'm mainly interested in are: sibilance and bass. The HD25 is too sibilant for my ears and I hate it. However, I do like the bass of the HD25 and I'm looking for something that can match them.
1. How sibilant are the MDR-1R ?
2. What's the bass like?
I'm kind of concerned about the bass of the MDR-1r, I've read somewhere that the bass is 'lacking'. I usually find myself tweaking up the bass to get more impact (even on the HD25).
I've also been looking at the AKG K-167, which seem interesting aswell.
HALPpost #1077 of 274811/30/12 at 2:54pmThread Starterpost #1078 of 274811/30/12 at 2:55pm
Currently just received the 1Rs and I have the HD25s. I'll let you know my thoughts when I do more listening. So far I am impressed with the bass and how punchy it is. I had lower expectations though so YMMV. I also find the treble more tame than the HD25. Sparkly yet smooth. Still I cannot say which is the better headphone because I thoroughly enjoy my HDs.post #1079 of 274811/30/12 at 2:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by roma101
Currently just received the 1Rs and I have the HD25s. I'll let you know my thoughts when I do more listening. So far I am impressed with the bass and how punchy it is. I had lower expectations though so YMMV. I also find the treble more tame than the HD25. Sparkly yet smooth. Still I cannot say which is the better headphone because I thoroughly enjoy my HDs.
Did you also pick up an M-100? If so, I'm sure that many would appreciate a comparison.post #1080 of 274811/30/12 at 3:31pm
Not yet unfortunately. Only got these as of right now because I took advantage of a deal I got and the timing was right. I'm not sure if I can afford having both at the same time but if anything changes and I score some M-100s while still having these, you can bet I'll do a little comparo.
Still dying to try the Momentums as well.
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
- Headphone Impedance
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 19 seconds ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 3 minutes ago
- › Aune X1S 32bit DSD DAC worldwide review tour ------reviewers... 4 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 4 minutes ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2