Has anyone compared the 1R to the MA900? Those are the two current Sony headphones that interest me. Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sony MDR-1R / MDR-1RNC fix for jack rattle Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portable Headhones for $400 or less Last post on 2/11/13 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 is superior...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 72post #1066 of 268511/29/12 at 4:50pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 268511/29/12 at 8:47pmQuote:
i don't think the 1R series is the new flagship, it's just another consumer product.
the current flagship model still goes to Z1000 in term of availability.post #1068 of 268511/29/12 at 9:13pm
I agree with Noir :D most of Sony's flagships, if not all, weren't made of complete plastic. There's usually metal (magnesium I think). They're usually are made for studio use I think (with the 1/4 inch jacks and all of that good stuff). The sound also usually impresses people like HiFiGuy, but he said these didn't impress out of the box and had the sound signature a lot of today's phones have.
Edited by MrViolin - 11/29/12 at 9:17pmpost #1069 of 268511/29/12 at 9:33pmpost #1070 of 268511/29/12 at 10:20pmQuote:
The last "audiophile" product they had was MDR-SA5000, everything else, including Z1000, are just mass consumer oriented products.
Pretty sad for the company that developed all time greatest R-10 and no compromises, technological marvel Qualia.post #1072 of 268511/30/12 at 1:55amHaha, seems turn to negative side feedback. My 1R already 150 hours burn. Sound not bad but also not fantastic. What is getting surprise me is the bass quantity now getting lesser and lesser.
I am bass head x.xpost #1073 of 268511/30/12 at 3:03amQuote:
in that case you should tried the M100 or Momentum :D
i'm still waiting for the 1R to arrive in local store.post #1074 of 268511/30/12 at 11:08amQuote:
These are two major 1R competitors now and based on some impressions I've read (headphoneaddict, dweaver), R1 is less darker than either. I should get mine in a couple of days, I hope. We'll see how it fares against K271S and ESW9.
Edited by Andrew_WOT - 11/30/12 at 11:10ampost #1076 of 268511/30/12 at 2:47pm
I'm looking for an upgrade for my portable headphone (HD25). Does anyone own both the HD25 and 1r and can compare them? What I'm mainly interested in are: sibilance and bass. The HD25 is too sibilant for my ears and I hate it. However, I do like the bass of the HD25 and I'm looking for something that can match them.
1. How sibilant are the MDR-1R ?
2. What's the bass like?
I'm kind of concerned about the bass of the MDR-1r, I've read somewhere that the bass is 'lacking'. I usually find myself tweaking up the bass to get more impact (even on the HD25).
I've also been looking at the AKG K-167, which seem interesting aswell.
HALPpost #1077 of 268511/30/12 at 2:54pmThread Starterpost #1078 of 268511/30/12 at 2:55pm
Currently just received the 1Rs and I have the HD25s. I'll let you know my thoughts when I do more listening. So far I am impressed with the bass and how punchy it is. I had lower expectations though so YMMV. I also find the treble more tame than the HD25. Sparkly yet smooth. Still I cannot say which is the better headphone because I thoroughly enjoy my HDs.post #1079 of 268511/30/12 at 2:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by roma101
Currently just received the 1Rs and I have the HD25s. I'll let you know my thoughts when I do more listening. So far I am impressed with the bass and how punchy it is. I had lower expectations though so YMMV. I also find the treble more tame than the HD25. Sparkly yet smooth. Still I cannot say which is the better headphone because I thoroughly enjoy my HDs.
Did you also pick up an M-100? If so, I'm sure that many would appreciate a comparison.post #1080 of 268511/30/12 at 3:31pm
Not yet unfortunately. Only got these as of right now because I took advantage of a deal I got and the timing was right. I'm not sure if I can afford having both at the same time but if anything changes and I score some M-100s while still having these, you can bet I'll do a little comparo.
Still dying to try the Momentums as well.
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 8 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 16 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 45 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 49 seconds ago
- › Philips A5-PRO "Armin Van Buuren Collaboration" (Owners and... 1 minute ago
- › Comparison / Review : Beyerdynamic’s Siblings – The Classic DT880... 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Who will review the Tekfusion® Twinwoofers® In-Ear Headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)