Has anyone compared the 1R to the MA900? Those are the two current Sony headphones that interest me. Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sony MDR-1R / MDR-1RNC fix for jack rattle Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portable Headhones for $400 or less Last post on 2/11/13 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 72post #1066 of 258711/29/12 at 4:50pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 258711/29/12 at 8:47pmQuote:
i don't think the 1R series is the new flagship, it's just another consumer product.
the current flagship model still goes to Z1000 in term of availability.post #1068 of 258711/29/12 at 9:13pm
I agree with Noir :D most of Sony's flagships, if not all, weren't made of complete plastic. There's usually metal (magnesium I think). They're usually are made for studio use I think (with the 1/4 inch jacks and all of that good stuff). The sound also usually impresses people like HiFiGuy, but he said these didn't impress out of the box and had the sound signature a lot of today's phones have.
Edited by MrViolin - 11/29/12 at 9:17pmpost #1069 of 258711/29/12 at 9:33pmpost #1070 of 258711/29/12 at 10:20pmQuote:
The last "audiophile" product they had was MDR-SA5000, everything else, including Z1000, are just mass consumer oriented products.
Pretty sad for the company that developed all time greatest R-10 and no compromises, technological marvel Qualia.post #1072 of 258711/30/12 at 1:55amHaha, seems turn to negative side feedback. My 1R already 150 hours burn. Sound not bad but also not fantastic. What is getting surprise me is the bass quantity now getting lesser and lesser.
I am bass head x.xpost #1073 of 258711/30/12 at 3:03amQuote:
in that case you should tried the M100 or Momentum :D
i'm still waiting for the 1R to arrive in local store.post #1074 of 258711/30/12 at 11:08amQuote:
These are two major 1R competitors now and based on some impressions I've read (headphoneaddict, dweaver), R1 is less darker than either. I should get mine in a couple of days, I hope. We'll see how it fares against K271S and ESW9.
Edited by Andrew_WOT - 11/30/12 at 11:10ampost #1076 of 258711/30/12 at 2:47pm
I'm looking for an upgrade for my portable headphone (HD25). Does anyone own both the HD25 and 1r and can compare them? What I'm mainly interested in are: sibilance and bass. The HD25 is too sibilant for my ears and I hate it. However, I do like the bass of the HD25 and I'm looking for something that can match them.
1. How sibilant are the MDR-1R ?
2. What's the bass like?
I'm kind of concerned about the bass of the MDR-1r, I've read somewhere that the bass is 'lacking'. I usually find myself tweaking up the bass to get more impact (even on the HD25).
I've also been looking at the AKG K-167, which seem interesting aswell.
HALPpost #1077 of 258711/30/12 at 2:54pmThread Starterpost #1078 of 258711/30/12 at 2:55pm
Currently just received the 1Rs and I have the HD25s. I'll let you know my thoughts when I do more listening. So far I am impressed with the bass and how punchy it is. I had lower expectations though so YMMV. I also find the treble more tame than the HD25. Sparkly yet smooth. Still I cannot say which is the better headphone because I thoroughly enjoy my HDs.post #1079 of 258711/30/12 at 2:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by roma101
Currently just received the 1Rs and I have the HD25s. I'll let you know my thoughts when I do more listening. So far I am impressed with the bass and how punchy it is. I had lower expectations though so YMMV. I also find the treble more tame than the HD25. Sparkly yet smooth. Still I cannot say which is the better headphone because I thoroughly enjoy my HDs.
Did you also pick up an M-100? If so, I'm sure that many would appreciate a comparison.post #1080 of 258711/30/12 at 3:31pm
Not yet unfortunately. Only got these as of right now because I took advantage of a deal I got and the timing was right. I'm not sure if I can afford having both at the same time but if anything changes and I score some M-100s while still having these, you can bet I'll do a little comparo.
Still dying to try the Momentums as well.
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › SR-202 16 seconds ago
- › New AKG flagship K812 first impression 32 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 34 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 57 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › SRM-313 2 minutes ago
- › How many headphones is too much? 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › Sony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Black by Shini44
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe