Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help choose my headphone :D Last post on 5/20/13 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 6/13/15 at 5:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Importing headphones... Last post on 3/1/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as output amp. It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter has it's...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 70post #1036 of 274811/28/12 at 1:43am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1037 of 274811/28/12 at 2:03ampost #1039 of 274811/28/12 at 4:08ampost #1040 of 274811/28/12 at 9:34amQuote:
An excellent amp for mid-fi headphones that costs $1200...post #1041 of 274811/28/12 at 9:51ampost #1042 of 274811/28/12 at 10:42ampost #1043 of 274811/28/12 at 12:06pmThread Starterpost #1044 of 274811/28/12 at 12:10pm
Not at all. I was simply commenting on a decidedly non-mid-fi amp being in the discussion. Gotta love Head-fi!post #1045 of 274811/28/12 at 12:32pmpost #1046 of 274811/28/12 at 12:47pmWho said anything was a big deal? I was just making an observation. See the smiley-face:
Edited by swmtnbiker - 11/28/12 at 12:48pmpost #1047 of 274811/28/12 at 3:21pmpost #1048 of 274811/28/12 at 3:27pmPersonally, I am most interested in seeing how these fare without a dedicated amp because I wouldn't mind putting some money back in my bank account and simplifying my setup. Should have impressions next week. Getting a silver/brown model.
Edited by ZenErik - 11/28/12 at 3:32pmpost #1049 of 274811/28/12 at 3:42pm
MDR 1R is not meant to be plugged into an amplifier and listen too.
I find the thought funny as from Sony's campaigning (with Katy, Method Man & Benga). They are considered artists of the dance scene and it is tuned with ample bass. Amplifying the bass (which is already set) will definitely be more enjoyable for bassheads.
A neutral sounding headphone will shine with an amp.
I dont consider 1R neutral, but something of the like of vmoda M80 but slightly less bass.
Edited by AUDIOBREEDER - 11/28/12 at 3:46pm
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
- Headphone Impedance
- › Stockholm 2015 Mini Meet 9-10th September. Mark your calendars! 5 seconds ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 40 seconds ago
- › Old pair broke (RIP) need to find a replacement set, any... 41 seconds ago
- › Boston Meet? 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 3 minutes ago
- › Good running earphones for 50$ 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2