Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help choose my headphone :D Last post on 5/20/13 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 11/10/15 at 9:12am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Importing headphones... Last post on 3/1/13 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible....
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting as...
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 70post #1036 of 275811/28/12 at 1:43am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1037 of 275811/28/12 at 2:03ampost #1039 of 275811/28/12 at 4:08ampost #1040 of 275811/28/12 at 9:34amQuote:
An excellent amp for mid-fi headphones that costs $1200...post #1041 of 275811/28/12 at 9:51ampost #1042 of 275811/28/12 at 10:42ampost #1043 of 275811/28/12 at 12:06pmThread Starterpost #1044 of 275811/28/12 at 12:10pm
Not at all. I was simply commenting on a decidedly non-mid-fi amp being in the discussion. Gotta love Head-fi!post #1045 of 275811/28/12 at 12:32pmpost #1046 of 275811/28/12 at 12:47pmpost #1047 of 275811/28/12 at 3:21pmpost #1048 of 275811/28/12 at 3:27pmPersonally, I am most interested in seeing how these fare without a dedicated amp because I wouldn't mind putting some money back in my bank account and simplifying my setup. Should have impressions next week. Getting a silver/brown model.
Edited by ZenErik - 11/28/12 at 3:32pmpost #1049 of 275811/28/12 at 3:42pm
MDR 1R is not meant to be plugged into an amplifier and listen too.
I find the thought funny as from Sony's campaigning (with Katy, Method Man & Benga). They are considered artists of the dance scene and it is tuned with ample bass. Amplifying the bass (which is already set) will definitely be more enjoyable for bassheads.
A neutral sounding headphone will shine with an amp.
I dont consider 1R neutral, but something of the like of vmoda M80 but slightly less bass.
Edited by AUDIOBREEDER - 11/28/12 at 3:46pm
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
- Headphone Impedance
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 18 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 19 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › SCHIIT LYR 2 with LISST tubes 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Comparison of 5 High End Digital Music Servers - Aurender... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 5 minutes ago
- › Modding the Beyer DT1350 5 minutes ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...