Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sony MDR-1R / MDR-1RNC fix for jack rattle Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portable Headhones for $400 or less Last post on 2/11/13 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
“You know, I’ve never owned any Schi….um, any of your products..” I was saying to Jason Stoddard in LA in March. Indeed, the last time I’d sampled anything from his company was years ago at a meet...
I am new to head-fi and this is my first ever review. Basically I joined head-fi to read people's expert opinions on different products, as I'm not an audiophile and do not know much about the...
Alessandro Music Series MS1i Black Walnut Cups $169 Big thanks to JoeDoe of Head-Fi as he performed the cup installation as well as the swapping out the headband. I paid a little more for mine...
Value: I got these for $207 and at twice the price they'd be a great buy. Sound: If the next sentence seems defensive, it's not. it's an assertion of the sound quality of the HD598s. I've been in...
I'll refrain from writing an extensive review this time, as everything important has already been shown and written down in the other reviews here on head-fi. I second those opinions and can...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 70post #1036 of 272511/28/12 at 1:43am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1037 of 272511/28/12 at 2:03ampost #1039 of 272511/28/12 at 4:08ampost #1040 of 272511/28/12 at 9:34amQuote:
An excellent amp for mid-fi headphones that costs $1200...post #1041 of 272511/28/12 at 9:51ampost #1042 of 272511/28/12 at 10:42ampost #1043 of 272511/28/12 at 12:06pmThread Starterpost #1044 of 272511/28/12 at 12:10pm
Not at all. I was simply commenting on a decidedly non-mid-fi amp being in the discussion. Gotta love Head-fi!post #1045 of 272511/28/12 at 12:32pmpost #1046 of 272511/28/12 at 12:47pmWho said anything was a big deal? I was just making an observation. See the smiley-face:
Edited by swmtnbiker - 11/28/12 at 12:48pmpost #1047 of 272511/28/12 at 3:21pmpost #1048 of 272511/28/12 at 3:27pmPersonally, I am most interested in seeing how these fare without a dedicated amp because I wouldn't mind putting some money back in my bank account and simplifying my setup. Should have impressions next week. Getting a silver/brown model.
Edited by ZenErik - 11/28/12 at 3:32pmpost #1049 of 272511/28/12 at 3:42pm
MDR 1R is not meant to be plugged into an amplifier and listen too.
I find the thought funny as from Sony's campaigning (with Katy, Method Man & Benga). They are considered artists of the dance scene and it is tuned with ample bass. Amplifying the bass (which is already set) will definitely be more enjoyable for bassheads.
A neutral sounding headphone will shine with an amp.
I dont consider 1R neutral, but something of the like of vmoda M80 but slightly less bass.
Edited by AUDIOBREEDER - 11/28/12 at 3:46pm
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 seconds ago
- › Help me Decide my first, 'expensive' pair of IEMs. Panasonic... 8 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 40 seconds ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 44 seconds ago
- › Tokyo 2014 Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival Impressions 55 seconds ago
- › HD800: benefits of a 43 ohms impedance adapter ? 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Is there any benefits to SNR higher than 110 dB? 3 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by harshkamboj
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by LMNproyect
- › ASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophiles by Vartan
- › Wireless Stereo Headset by Bugattikid2012
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)