Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R / MDR-1RNC fix for jack rattle Last post on 5/3/13 at 2:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portable Headhones for $400 or less Last post on 2/11/13 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Headphones for £300! Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Question] Looking for a headphone + tinnitus Last post on 11/30/12 at 1:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
Who/what? I'd like to thank Rhapsodio for sending the 2v1 our way for a tour, along with the Shozy amp. Australia isn't exactly a hot electronics place First off - Rhapsodio is a young IEM...
The below review is a summary of a full comparison of the AD1000X to the AD900X and Sony MA900 found...
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 70post #1036 of 243111/28/12 at 1:43am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1037 of 243111/28/12 at 2:03ampost #1039 of 243111/28/12 at 4:08ampost #1040 of 243111/28/12 at 9:34amQuote:
An excellent amp for mid-fi headphones that costs $1200...post #1041 of 243111/28/12 at 9:51ampost #1042 of 243111/28/12 at 10:42ampost #1043 of 243111/28/12 at 12:06pmThread Starter
nothing wrong with getting the most out of your mid-fi cans.post #1044 of 243111/28/12 at 12:10pm
Not at all. I was simply commenting on a decidedly non-mid-fi amp being in the discussion. Gotta love Head-fi!post #1045 of 243111/28/12 at 12:32pmpost #1046 of 243111/28/12 at 12:47pmWho said anything was a big deal? I was just making an observation. See the smiley-face:
Edited by swmtnbiker - 11/28/12 at 12:48pmpost #1047 of 243111/28/12 at 3:21pmpost #1048 of 243111/28/12 at 3:27pmPersonally, I am most interested in seeing how these fare without a dedicated amp because I wouldn't mind putting some money back in my bank account and simplifying my setup. Should have impressions next week. Getting a silver/brown model.
Edited by ZenErik - 11/28/12 at 3:32pmpost #1049 of 243111/28/12 at 3:42pm
MDR 1R is not meant to be plugged into an amplifier and listen too.
I find the thought funny as from Sony's campaigning (with Katy, Method Man & Benga). They are considered artists of the dance scene and it is tuned with ample bass. Amplifying the bass (which is already set) will definitely be more enjoyable for bassheads.
A neutral sounding headphone will shine with an amp.
I dont consider 1R neutral, but something of the like of vmoda M80 but slightly less bass.
Edited by AUDIOBREEDER - 11/28/12 at 3:46pm
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Universal fit IEM for jazz– Shure or Aurisonics ASG-1 or Heir 4ai? 21 seconds ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier 36 seconds ago
- › RCA Switch Box Input / Output Selector 1 minute ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 2 minutes ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Squeezebox Touch Equivalent 2 minutes ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 3 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (57 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: Ultimate... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe