Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-1R and Sony MDR-1RNC Last post on 6/28/13 at 6:15am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help choose my headphone :D Last post on 5/20/13 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help!! looking for new headphones under 200 Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hassle-Free Headphone Recommendation Thread: Cans that sound great without amping, modding,... Last post on 12/24/14 at 3:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sony MDR-1R / MDR-1RNC fix for jack rattle Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:50am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Ok! Point number 1: horrible button layout! Point number 2: excellent sound quality! The stock theme is badly designed. EDIT: There are custom themes that make the player look much...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R - Page 70post #1036 of 273211/28/12 at 1:43am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1037 of 273211/28/12 at 2:03ampost #1039 of 273211/28/12 at 4:08ampost #1040 of 273211/28/12 at 9:34amQuote:
An excellent amp for mid-fi headphones that costs $1200...post #1041 of 273211/28/12 at 9:51ampost #1042 of 273211/28/12 at 10:42ampost #1043 of 273211/28/12 at 12:06pmThread Starterpost #1044 of 273211/28/12 at 12:10pm
Not at all. I was simply commenting on a decidedly non-mid-fi amp being in the discussion. Gotta love Head-fi!post #1045 of 273211/28/12 at 12:32pmpost #1046 of 273211/28/12 at 12:47pmWho said anything was a big deal? I was just making an observation. See the smiley-face:
Edited by swmtnbiker - 11/28/12 at 12:48pmpost #1047 of 273211/28/12 at 3:21pmpost #1048 of 273211/28/12 at 3:27pmPersonally, I am most interested in seeing how these fare without a dedicated amp because I wouldn't mind putting some money back in my bank account and simplifying my setup. Should have impressions next week. Getting a silver/brown model.
Edited by ZenErik - 11/28/12 at 3:32pmpost #1049 of 273211/28/12 at 3:42pm
MDR 1R is not meant to be plugged into an amplifier and listen too.
I find the thought funny as from Sony's campaigning (with Katy, Method Man & Benga). They are considered artists of the dance scene and it is tuned with ample bass. Amplifying the bass (which is already set) will definitely be more enjoyable for bassheads.
A neutral sounding headphone will shine with an amp.
I dont consider 1R neutral, but something of the like of vmoda M80 but slightly less bass.
Edited by AUDIOBREEDER - 11/28/12 at 3:46pm
- Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 13 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread 57 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 4 minutes ago
- › Wanted: Hifiman HE560/400i 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 5 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 7 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)