Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 5

post #61 of 3782

I think next we will hear some good news (quad drivers IEMs) from Shure for sure lol........

post #62 of 3782

For those in the states, I just got conformation via twitter that the promo codes through the UE centerstage program will work for the the UE900s,

http://centerstage.logitech.com/

 

post #63 of 3782

I had no idea this promotion existed. Thanks ijchan223!

post #64 of 3782
In for some reviews
post #65 of 3782
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

I had a chance to hear these, however not the final sound signature.  They are tuned to sound similar to the In-Ear Reference Monitor, but with a more general public flavor.  The presentation was spacious and reminiscent of the IERM, but not quite as bright with more warmth and bass.  Unfortunately I didn't have any universal for comparison, but from what I have heard, it seems like it will compete will with the likes of the W4 and others.  

 

The new form factor is great as I was able to easily get a good seal; much better than the TF10.  They do come with two cables, a black non-mic cable and a blue cable with a 3 button remote.  I don't recall what the connector looked like (if it is the same as Shure), but I think it is proprietary.  I don't think you will find this for $100 on Black Friday.  

So these new earphones sound nothing like the V shaped Tri-Fi 10 then? In your opinion it's a reference monitor with a little added touch of coloration to make it sound more fun for the average consumer? From memory, would you say the UE900 comes closer to being neutral then the W4 or is the UE900 more warmer? Something else I'm curious about, is the UE900 bass cleaner and quicker then the W4? I know I'm asking a lot considering you're going by memory but right now these officially got put on my shortlist alongside other potential gear such as the 4Ai, CK100Pro, FX700, and IE800 and I'm trying to decide which would be the better buy right now. I really like the UE700 and the Tri-Fi 10 but I also like other gear I own such as the W4 Sony MDR EX600 and K2 sp so the decision is getting harder and harder for me to make. If the UE900 is just a Tri-Fi 10 in different clothing it's not really worth it to me so that's why I'm pumping you for information.

post #66 of 3782
These are now showing in stock on the apple store us. Can't order them yet though.
post #67 of 3782
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijchan223 View Post

For those in the states, I just got conformation via twitter that the promo codes through the UE centerstage program will work for the the UE900s,

http://centerstage.logitech.com/

 

 

Ok...just tried to register for this.  They have the worst security check I have ever seen (one of the "enter these letters" things).  It took me 7 tries before I could get something I could enter....but I am finally in.
 
Edit: thanks for pointing this out though! 
 
 

Edited by RapidPulse - 8/29/12 at 3:39pm
post #68 of 3782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

What about it? What i said about the two IEMs. I have not said anything was IMPOSSIBLE and we will wait and see how they sound.


It's because you fancy yourself a reviewer yet that post comes across as having an incredible amount of bias.

post #69 of 3782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

What about it? What i said about the two IEMs. I have not said anything was IMPOSSIBLE and we will wait and see how they sound.

 

Swim, I love you and all, but I do have to agree with Elnero here.  That post you made on the other page showed great ignorance.  I know you love the 4.Ai, but downplaying an IEM that has yet to be released (they are both in the same price tier) is very bad for any reviewer and Head-FI in general.  This is how a couple bans got handed out in the Aurisonics thread (negativity about an IEM that they hadn't heard).  There is no reason to compare the UE 900s to anything.  There is no reason to speculate on the sound outside what we know (which is next to nothing). 

 

Again, not meant to be mean or anything, but there have been things you've posted that were uncalled for. 

post #70 of 3782
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnero View Post


It's because you fancy yourself a reviewer yet that post comes across as having an incredible amount of bias.

It may and i see were your coming from. The reason it is biased is nothing to do with the fact i was sent them. Hey i also review for UE.

 

I can send you loads of reviews i have done which were sent to me for review and i have bashed them, i write them completely honest.

 

It has just since i set out on this journey, i have heard a fair few IEMs. As i made my way up i heard some i really liked but i always had my favourite of the time.

 

First the IE8, then the DBA-02 (bought), BA200, ASG-1 (bought), EX1000 (bought) and now the 4.Ai. All along the way i found one or two major problems or even with the EX1000 which had little faults i wanted something more. I love the ASG-1 and still do but i never recommended it to people as it had problems. The 4.Ai doe snot and i feel everyone should hear this bliss that i am. I am not saying there is not better, hey its not even the company flagship and i am surely going to find better in the near future. 

 

However, even if i find better will i enjoy it more, the main problem for some people is they could want more bass but i never feel like that, everything just works because it is in the right place and i just love that, hell i have stupid listening hours on them. No Heir are not paying for me to say this and i would not write biased stuff if a company did.

 

I am also not saying that you may not like the 4.Ai but i DO.

 

I just do not want to see me as someone who is biased.


Edited by Swimsonny - 8/29/12 at 4:40pm
post #71 of 3782

Quad driver UE universal IEM!?! 

 

i need to get saving! ksc75smile.gif

post #72 of 3782
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

Swim, I love you and all, but I do have to agree with Elnero here.  That post you made on the other page showed great ignorance.  I know you love the 4.Ai, but downplaying an IEM that has yet to be released (they are both in the same price tier) is very bad for any reviewer and Head-FI in general.  This is how a couple bans got handed out in the Aurisonics thread (negativity about an IEM that they hadn't heard).  There is no reason to compare the UE 900s to anything.  There is no reason to speculate on the sound outside what we know (which is next to nothing). 

 

Again, not meant to be mean or anything, but there have been things you've posted that were uncalled for. 

I made a rookie error and for that is deserve what you have said. I apologise for speculating and will not publish thoughts i have about a new product again. Guess i just got over excited! 

 

Plus i did never downplay, by saying that it could be on the same level as the 4.Ai, that is as big a compliment i could give something, but still wrong, just know i was not downplaying it at all.

 

Also that i am not bias.

post #73 of 3782

600 AUD seems about right, it was around 400+ for the TF10s last time I checked...

 

Don't expect the price to remain at 400, probably 300ish within a few weeks

post #74 of 3782

Those look pretty sweet. I love the sonic output of my TF10s, so I'm looking forward to hearing how these work. 

post #75 of 3782

these are in stock on apple...damn I'm trying not to buy these before i see some reviews

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread