or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 265

post #3961 of 4281

Any volume past 50% on my LG G3 is considered too loud for me already

post #3962 of 4281

Got in touch with someone directly at UE, he told me that the UE 900s are not being discontinued. So no worries.

post #3963 of 4281
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepfu View Post

Got in touch with someone directly at UE, he told me that the UE 900s are not being discontinued. So no worries.

Do you mind sharing who is the source?
I have attached the email from Logitech to me regarding the 900/900S. Feel free to share it with your source.
post #3964 of 4281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post


Do you mind sharing who is the source?
I have attached the email from Logitech to me regarding the 900/900S. Feel free to share it with your source.

But, if you go to the ultimateears web page you still can buy a new UE900S, that don't make any sense

post #3965 of 4281
Quote:
Originally Posted by palinetes View Post
 

But, if you go to the ultimateears web page you still can buy a new UE900S, that don't make any sense

 

Until last week they were out of stock and said "be back in stock mid-march" on their website. So I am not sure. Won't be surprised if it's the case of left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, and tend to believe they will be discontinued based on how Logitech purged all their consumer line. 

post #3966 of 4281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
 

 

Until last week they were out of stock and said "be back in stock mid-march" on their website. So I am not sure. Won't be surprised if it's the case of left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, and tend to believe they will be discontinued based on how Logitech purged all their consumer line. 

I just check there and put the UE900s in the chart, i don't know if the purchase can be completed but....

 

that's bad news, because the blue cable from the UE900 is one of the best cable for control the iphone! never fails


Edited by palinetes - 4/16/15 at 8:25am
post #3967 of 4281
Quote:
Originally Posted by palinetes View Post
 

I just check there and put the UE900s in the chart, i don't know if the purchase can be complete but....

 

that's bad news, because the blue cable from the UE900 is one of the best cable for control the iphone! never fails

Speaking of which. That statement is 100% true with the 900 However I received my replacement blue cable which is a 900S and a bit different and it doesn't work the same at all. Could be a dud though but I am still testing. Will update later.  

post #3968 of 4281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
 

 

Until last week they were out of stock and said "be back in stock mid-march" on their website. So I am not sure. Won't be surprised if it's the case of left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, and tend to believe they will be discontinued based on how Logitech purged all their consumer line. 

 

I PM-ed a HeadFi forum member who is UE Pro product manager (VL). He clarified with me that the UE 900s are not being discontinued. Based on the explanation he provided, there is a legit reason why the Logitech rep sent Tommy C that statement, although their choice of wording is totally wrong and misleading.

 

Statement: "Logitech does not have plans to start producing the UE 900 and UE 900S anymore". the UE 900 and should be removed from that statement as UE 900 is already no longer in production as it is discontinued and replaced with the UE 900S. The misleading wording is "anymore". Based on the explanation from VL, "anymore" is the wrong wording. It should have been "temporarily" which explains the OOS situation earlier and now the UE Pro website has been updated to reflect that it is in stock.

 

As for the reason why production was temporarily halted which unintentionally led to a miscommunication/misinterpretation by Logitech that led to this situation, I am not sure I can disclose it at this moment as it was within the confines of a Private Msg. But I can say that it is nothing bad and that it is a legit business process issue.

So there is nothing to be worried about. I will disclose the reason if they say that I can.

post #3969 of 4281
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepfu View Post
 

 

I PM-ed a HeadFi forum member who is UE Pro product manager (VL). He clarified with me that the UE 900s are not being discontinued. Based on the explanation he provided, there is a legit reason why the Logitech rep sent Tommy C that statement, although their choice of wording is totally wrong and misleading.

 

Statement: "Logitech does not have plans to start producing the UE 900 and UE 900S anymore". the UE 900 and should be removed from that statement as UE 900 is already no longer in production as it is discontinued and replaced with the UE 900S. The misleading wording is "anymore". Based on the explanation from VL, "anymore" is the wrong wording. It should have been "temporarily" which explains the OOS situation earlier and now the UE Pro website has been updated to reflect that it is in stock.

 

As for the reason why production was temporarily halted which unintentionally led to a miscommunication/misinterpretation by Logitech that led to this situation, I am not sure I can disclose it at this moment as it was within the confines of a Private Msg. But I can say that it is nothing bad and that it is a legit business process issue.

So there is nothing to be worried about. I will disclose the reason if they say that I can.

That's good news! UE900(S) it's a fantastic product, unfortunately is one of the last UIEM from UE! 

post #3970 of 4281
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepfu View Post
 

 

I PM-ed a HeadFi forum member who is UE Pro product manager (VL). He clarified with me that the UE 900s are not being discontinued. Based on the explanation he provided, there is a legit reason why the Logitech rep sent Tommy C that statement, although their choice of wording is totally wrong and misleading.

 

Statement: "Logitech does not have plans to start producing the UE 900 and UE 900S anymore". the UE 900 and should be removed from that statement as UE 900 is already no longer in production as it is discontinued and replaced with the UE 900S. The misleading wording is "anymore". Based on the explanation from VL, "anymore" is the wrong wording. It should have been "temporarily" which explains the OOS situation earlier and now the UE Pro website has been updated to reflect that it is in stock.

 

As for the reason why production was temporarily halted which unintentionally led to a miscommunication/misinterpretation by Logitech that led to this situation, I am not sure I can disclose it at this moment as it was within the confines of a Private Msg. But I can say that it is nothing bad and that it is a legit business process issue.

So there is nothing to be worried about. I will disclose the reason if they say that I can.

 

 

Thanks for that. I forgot to mention that although I mentioned to the Customer Service Rep that l will be willing to wait for a replacement if needed, they still said they are no longer offered, so I don't think it's a case of temporary out of stock as he was fully aware that I am not in a rush.  In any event, I contacted Logitech again as the replacement cable that was sent to me isn't working at all.  

Initially when l plugged the earphones with the new cable to my iPhone the sound won't play through the earphones but instead would come out through the speaker of the phone. The volume control and the play/stop button don't work either and there is a buzzing noise when plugged in to my phone.  I played around with the earphones and still don't see why at times it will play through the speaker phone and other times through the earphones.; This is an intermittent issue and I have no explanation to that.  
I tried to plug the earphones  to my PC and was able to use them but there is still a buzzing sound that doesn't occur with the old blue cable or the black cable.  - I am using the same devices that l used all along and nothing has changed with my set up.  
The cable is blue and look almost identical, softer and thicker but feels cheaper and not as robust. This is most likely the 900S cable since it has the red ring on the right channel.  I know it's very strange but to me it almost seems like the  UE 900S cable that was sent to me is not compatible with my UE 900 earphones. 

Edited by Tommy C - 4/16/15 at 10:00am
post #3971 of 4281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
 

 

 

Thanks for that. I forgot to mention that although I mentioned to the Customer Service Rep that l will be willing to wait for a replacement if needed, they still said they are no longer offered, so I don't think it's a case of temporary out of stock as he was fully aware that I am not in a rush. 

Yea, that why I mentioned that it should be miscommunication/misinterpretation by Logitech.

post #3972 of 4281
I purchased two UE 900S from the ultimateears pro site and had a great experience when I contacted them. I can't say the same for Logitech they offered little assistance and had no clue when it came to the UE 900S
post #3973 of 4281
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianwill View Post

I purchased two UE 900S from the ultimateears pro site and had a great experience when I contacted them. I can't say the same for Logitech they offered little assistance and had no clue when it came to the UE 900S

I think that they are different company's, Logitech owns UE Brand, but they still independent! 

post #3974 of 4281
My experience with pro.ultimateears was great as well. Emails were replied promptly and clear.
post #3975 of 4281
Quote:
Originally Posted by palinetes View Post
 

I think that they are different company's, Logitech owns UE Brand, but they still independent! 

 

Yes, UE operates as a independent subsidiary if I am not wrong

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread