Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 249

post #3721 of 3735

Hi violencer,

can you please help me with two more answers about the vitesse?

1. What's about microphonics-effects? I use a Null-Audio cable with my ue t.fi10, and the microphonics-effects are really annoying.

2. I see some plastics at the end and the Y-part of the cable. On the Null-Audio-homepage it seems, that the cable is straight - not like the luna e.g. Do you think it's necessary as a protection?

Thanks in forward,

Robert

post #3722 of 3735

First world problem

Can someone tell me how they set the cable clip up on their UE900 (blue) cable? When mine arrived the cable clip was only just hanging off the mic side cable below the mic, am I meant to put it on both L/R cables below the mic?

How do you have yours set up?.
 

post #3723 of 3735
When i used it I put it just above the heat shrink at the t where the cables split, i put it across all the cables, with 2 pairs side by side, to distribute the load evenly so not to stretch one side
Edited by audioxxx - 10/28/14 at 8:06pm
post #3724 of 3735
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioxxx View Post

When i used it I put it just above the heat shrink at the t where the cables split, i put it across all the cables, with 2 pairs side by side, to distribute the load evenly so not to stretch one side

I've taken it off and be done with it. Just a pain imo. But thank you. =)
post #3725 of 3735
Happy to help, I found that the clip a bit of a hassle at times but it is useful to stop the cord pulling on the iem, if you have the cord under clothes.
post #3726 of 3735
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbesTigger View Post
 

Hi violencer,

can you please help me with two more answers about the vitesse?

1. What's about microphonics-effects? I use a Null-Audio cable with my ue t.fi10, and the microphonics-effects are really annoying.

2. I see some plastics at the end and the Y-part of the cable. On the Null-Audio-homepage it seems, that the cable is straight - not like the luna e.g. Do you think it's necessary as a protection?

Thanks in forward,

Robert

Hi HobbesTigger,

1. I don't have any microphonics-effects on Vitesse Black Edition Cable.
2. It's necessary on Y-part and not necessary on jack, but it helps with extra protection, and it was made by Null Audio, not by me.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask, I will try my best to help.


Only down side of this cable is that it started to change its color to green and MMCX connectors made not much accurate, however, build quality is very good and it comes with 2 year warranties.

 

cable photos (Click to show)

 

 

 


About lunashop cable, I have couple of them, build quality is top notch, but sound is not good. If you looking for upgrade, not replacement, then you need to choose something else. But for cheap replacement or for temporary backup, I do recommend lunashop's cables.


Edited by violencer - Yesterday at 11:55 pm
post #3727 of 3735

I've decided to venture into smartphone territory as a music player. I picked up a Sony Xperia S LT26i smartphone for media purposes and going to install poweramp. The target IEM for this source and experiment will be my UE900. I grabbed the phone for a good used price in spotless condition (apparently) I'll report in once it arrives.

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.M2a


Anyone had any experiences using a Sony smartphone with their UE900? Or Sony's phone sound quality? 

post #3728 of 3735

Android in general has weaker volume output than Apple, and Sony is amongst the lower ones!

 

Z1 had clean output but was too weak, Z2 slightly improved with better stereo crossover, then Z3 slightly less. I only had the Z1, so speaking from experience I wasn't too impressed. Quality aside, max volume on the Z1 is equal to like 75% on the One m8..

 

Z3 has some new technology (DSEE) that apparently restores your lossy sound files, to me that just means cranking up treble, but it may impress others!

post #3729 of 3735
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibilantz View Post
 

Android in general has weaker volume output than Apple, and Sony is amongst the lower ones!

 

Z1 had clean output but was too weak, Z2 slightly improved with better stereo crossover, then Z3 slightly less. I only had the Z1, so speaking from experience I wasn't too impressed. Quality aside, max volume on the Z1 is equal to like 75% on the One m8..

 

Z3 has some new technology (DSEE) that apparently restores your lossy sound files, to me that just means cranking up treble, but it may impress others!



Yes, yes.... I wasn't too impressed with the output power of my Samsung Tab2 at all. Well, let's see what happens.

The Sony Xperia device was really purchased for media such as instagram, facebook, twitter, head-fi browsing late at night in bed. I won't even be putting sim card in it.

For now that will be the phones main purpose, and we'll just check the sound quality on the side, I think... :beerchug:
 


Edited by H20Fidelity - Today at 5:22 am
post #3730 of 3735
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibilantz View Post
 

Android in general has weaker volume output than Apple, and Sony is amongst the lower ones!

 

Z1 had clean output but was too weak, Z2 slightly improved with better stereo crossover, then Z3 slightly less. I only had the Z1, so speaking from experience I wasn't too impressed. Quality aside, max volume on the Z1 is equal to like 75% on the One m8..

 

Z3 has some new technology (DSEE) that apparently restores your lossy sound files, to me that just means cranking up treble, but it may impress others!

 

Wow, really? I find the output from my Xperia to be ridiculously loud even at minimum volume..

 

Maybe I need to change a setting or two..

post #3731 of 3735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Phoenix View Post
 

 

Wow, really? I find the output from my Xperia to be ridiculously loud even at minimum volume..

 

Maybe I need to change a setting or two..



This is good news, a turn around! 

post #3732 of 3735
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 



This is good news, a turn around! 

 

Or maybe I'm just overly sensitive to 'loudness'..   Considering that when I listen with my amp usually at its minimal pre channel imbalance point (8 o'clock) or just above..

 

Then watch someone try my headphones on and immediately apply the gain switch and turn it past 12 o'clock.. :blink:

post #3733 of 3735

I been listening to the UE900S for a few weeks now and really must say that these are a very nice replacement for the older tripleFi 10 that I had. I  like the  detail and balance of these IEM. i am able to get a comfortable fit with a good seal. The box with all the tip is really cool because you can actually fit them to your ears as some people can have a better fit using two different  tips. I  being a fan of customs find this a good alternative for people who don't want to spend lot of money for the higher custom models. I am actually pretty amazed at how good these sound.  The UE signature is all over these  puppies. More to come as I finish my impressions.

post #3734 of 3735
Got mine today and they totally exceeded my expectations!
Anybody who got his/hers custom reshelled and can coment on any sound change, because of the little vent whole or in generell.
post #3735 of 3735

@flib372 dont get the 900s (unibody) remolded it will mess up the sound. the pin whole being clog will make the sound better, no need to worry about it affecting the bass if that's your concern. btw the 900s(unibody) are truly better then the orginal it could get its own thread. its not an upgrade but its pretty close its like a half upgrade. very organic if that's even a term used around here


Edited by jayaudio116 - Today at 3:59 pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread