or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 213

post #3181 of 4277
@myinnear. Yes they made improvements to address the confer of the 900 but the fact of the matter is that people who paid for the 900s are getting a 900 in a 900s package and that's a problem. This has nothing to do with being anal and have everything to do with bad business. Thinking before you speak gos a long way
post #3182 of 4277
@daz03 idk they look like my 900 but if you say they sound different then Il take your word for it. There alot of confusion going on over these and hopefully Logitech will clear things up
post #3183 of 4277
Thanks @daz03, Your 900s are identical to my UE 900:




Edited by Tommy C - 5/22/14 at 5:34pm
post #3184 of 4277
I think UE production line may be using parts on a first-in-first-out basis.

Whatever old parts that still remains will be used to manufacture new UE900s until those parts run out. Then, newer parts (i.e. unibody shell, sound bore) will be used.
post #3185 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyInnerEar View Post


Looks like they made some improvements to address previous concerns. And during production transition pieces were made that customer service knows nothing about. Nothing wrong with Logitech making the UE900 even better. I say rock what you got, but if your completely anal, return them under warranty for a new pair.

It's not about being anal. Can't you see that the UE 900s that people got are actually the UE 900 or look identical to the UE 900? This + the cluelessness of their customer service =  bad business altogether.  

post #3186 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post

I think UE production line may be using parts on a first-in-first-out basis.

Whatever old parts that still remains will be used to manufacture new UE900s until those parts run out. Then, newer parts (i.e. unibody shell, sound bore) will be used.

And my gut feeling is that the supposedly 900s are actually the 900 packaged in a 900s box. If it looks like the 900 it's not the 900s. The 900s should have a different pinhole bore, shell and different drivers' set up. The only thing that they changes is the accessories.

Do you really believe that they used the part from the 900 with the 900s drivers' set up? Because I don't... it doesn't make sense. 

post #3187 of 4277
To be honest. I don't care what parts they used or what they look like, I only care about the sound quality. I didn't like the UE900 sound signature but love the UE900s', that's good enough for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post

And my gut feeling is that the supposedly 900s are actually the 900 packaged in a 900s box. If it looks like the 900 it's not the 900s. The 900s should have a different pinhole bore, shell and different drivers' set up. The only thing that they changes is the accessories.
Do you really believe that they used the part from the 900 with the 900s drivers' set up? Because I don't... it doesn't make sense. 
post #3188 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post

Do you really believe that they used the part from the 900 with the 900s drivers' set up? Because I don't... it doesn't make sense. 

I am inclined to believe that after seeing the photos posted and impression on SQ by Danz03.
post #3189 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
 

And my gut feeling is that the supposedly 900s are actually the 900 packaged in a 900s box. If it looks like the 900 it's not the 900s. The 900s should have a different pinhole bore, shell and different drivers' set up. The only thing that they changes is the accessories.

Do you really believe that they used the part from the 900 with the 900s drivers' set up? Because I don't... it doesn't make sense. 

 

I really should take some close ups of the "UE 900s" with my DSLR and see if I can light it right so I can get a good picture of the internals to compare with the UE 900. Maybe I will if I have some time over the weekend, or maybe (hopefully but not likely) Logitech will finally give me some answer from my customer support case.

post #3190 of 4277
Wow they do :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post

Thanks @daz03, Your 900s are identical to my UE 900:

Edited by Danz03 - 5/22/14 at 6:22pm
post #3191 of 4277
I think a lot of companies do tune their IEMs differently even if they are using the same housing and drivers, like my AKR03 and the JH Audio Roxanne, they looked identical but supposed to sound different to each other. My Westone 4 and 4R looked nearly identical but sounded very different too, whereas the UM Pro 30 look completely different to the UM3x but supposed to sound identical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayaudio116 View Post

@daz03 idk they look like my 900 but if you say they sound different then Il take your word for it. There alot of confusion going on over these and hopefully Logitech will clear things up
post #3192 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayaudio116 View Post

@myinnear. Yes they made improvements to address the confer of the 900 but the fact of the matter is that people who paid for the 900s are getting a 900 in a 900s package and that's a problem. This has nothing to do with being anal and have everything to do with bad business. Thinking before you speak gos a long way
Did they pay xtra? Did they get different specs than advertised? Really strange to criticize a company for continuing to improve its product.
post #3193 of 4277

This is honestly appalling. So from what I can gather, they are selling the UE900s in two markets with the same name, and in one market it's just repackaged old stock, and in the other market it's new stock? Give me a break.

post #3194 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyInnerEar View Post


Did they pay xtra? Did they get different specs than advertised? Really strange to criticize a company for continuing to improve its product.

 

Here's the thing though. We aren't necessarily sure that we actually got an improved product when we bought the UE 900s since they appear identical to the UE 900. We know for sure the accessories included improved, but no one is 100% sure the headphones themselves did since there is no way to tell them apart from the UE 900.

post #3195 of 4277
But that is exactly what the AKR03 and JH Audio Roxanne universals are, apart from the sound signatures, and the extra balanced cables.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post

This is honestly appalling. So from what I can gather, they are selling the UE900s in two markets with the same name, and in one market it's just repackaged old stock, and in the other market it's new stock? Give me a break.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread