or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 203

post #3031 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkhand View Post
 

 

It's all in the details.  As it never mentioned anything about what the cable is made of, what gauge it is, and what is the purity of the copper inside. I wouldn't be surprise at all if the sound quality didn't improve.  From looking at the listing, it would be as if buying the stock cable again, if not worse.  It is a good thing you only spend $15 USD for it, otherwise, I would say you got ripped off.

 

Actually, I bought this cable so I can use it for awhile then if it breaks I can going to use the connector to build my own cable.

The connector with gold plated is around $20 USD, so it's a good deal :)

 

But I like to know the spec on Fiio SE1 cable, anyone knows what N grade it is ? 

post #3032 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkhand View Post
 

 

It's all in the details.  As it never mentioned anything about what the cable is made of, what gauge it is, and what is the purity of the copper inside. I wouldn't be surprise at all if the sound quality didn't improve.  From looking at the listing, it would be as if buying the stock cable again, if not worse.  It is a good thing you only spend $15 USD for it, otherwise, I would say you got ripped off.

 

Actually, I bought this cable so I can use it for awhile then if it breaks I can going to use the connector to build my own cable.

The connector with gold plated is around $20 USD, so it's a good deal :)

 

But I like to know the spec on Fiio SE1 cable, anyone knows what N grade it is ? 


Not exactly sure what grade copper it is but from their site, it's 24 AWG of silver coated copper wire. Really can't find wires like that just off the shelf though, I tried. (Unless I haven't tried hard enough. Anyone in the Vancouver area knows where, let me know)
post #3033 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkhand View Post

Not exactly sure what grade copper it is but from their site, it's 24 AWG of silver coated copper wire. Really can't find wires like that just off the shelf though, I tried. (Unless I haven't tried hard enough. Anyone in the Vancouver area knows where, let me know)

Ya I wish I know too. The cable looks really good. I am guessing that its probably 3N which the regular solder is also 3N.

99.9% is still good IMO. I manage to find 10 meter long occ silver plated 6N for $25USD. I can make maybe 3 to 4 cables out of this diy wires.
post #3034 of 4277
I will post the diy picture soon when I am done wink.gif
post #3035 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post


Ya I wish I know too. The cable looks really good. I am guessing that its probably 3N which the regular solder is also 3N.

99.9% is still good IMO. I manage to find 10 meter long occ silver plated 6N for $25USD. I can make maybe 3 to 4 cables out of this diy wires.

 

I owned a pair for my TF10 and UE900.  They both sound pretty good.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian411 View Post

I will post the diy picture soon when I am done wink.gif

 

Ya. Please do.  I always wanted to make some DIY cables for my other headphone that has some weird notched 3.5 plug on one end for the can.

post #3036 of 4277
I also have this cable and as a bonus it has a remote which is fully operational on samsung and htc phones and possibly other android variants
post #3037 of 4277

I bought these headphones last July and I love and hate them in equal measure.

Love the sound quality but I am frustrated with the sound cutting out and I have put up with it too long.

Do you think Logitech will replace these being nearly a year old? What is the best support route to take?

post #3038 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyp3rion View Post
 

I bought these headphones last July and I love and hate them in equal measure.

Love the sound quality but I am frustrated with the sound cutting out and I have put up with it too long.

Do you think Logitech will replace these being nearly a year old? What is the best support route to take?

 

Go on Logitech site and click "Contact"?  Don't want to be brunt but we can't help you here. Call, tweet, or email them. 


Edited by Dkhand - 5/6/14 at 9:58pm
post #3039 of 4277
Just found these at airport! Now I have the seal of my E5's plus the sound of the 900S. I'm in travel heaven!
AB3A0B41-DD0D-4754-9AE9-81535D5B50C6_zpsb0mds6jm.jpg
post #3040 of 4277

I don't know if this has been posted before, but this zany Japanese chap made a comparison video (in Japanese) between the UE900s and the old model.

 

 

Notably the connectors are now all gold plated. It's about time.

post #3041 of 4277

Has anyone else removed the memory wire from the stock cables? It's pretty easy to do with a small pair of scissors and wire cutters. I found that removing the memory wire made it a lot easier to put on and take off, and doesn't negatively affect how well they stay on. I did the same to my Shure SE315 cable. I don't know why UE and Shure designed their cables to be so stiff, it seems to just get in the way.
 

post #3042 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm23 View Post
 

Has anyone else removed the memory wire from the stock cables? It's pretty easy to do with a small pair of scissors and wire cutters. I found that removing the memory wire made it a lot easier to put on and take off, and doesn't negatively affect how well they stay on. I did the same to my Shure SE315 cable. I don't know why UE and Shure designed their cables to be so stiff, it seems to just get in the way.
 

 

Never found a need to do that with Fiio RCSE1 is $30 and sound a whole lot better.  But good to know about this though.

post #3043 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkhand View Post
 

 

Never found a need to do that with Fiio RCSE1 is $30 and sound a whole lot better.  But good to know about this though.

You mean the ear guide ?  I need those to make it stable when I run, that is the reason I never liked Fiio IEM cables,

post #3044 of 4277
Oh? I use these [ http://www.klingg.com ] to keep my cables from flying around when I run.
post #3045 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkhand View Post

Oh? I use these [ http://www.klingg.com ] to keep my cables from flying around when I run.

That seems good idea but isn't it easier to run wire under the shirt? I do that when I run.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread