or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 199

post #2971 of 4277
Quote:
That's exactly what the change table have said: 900 = glue; 900s = sonic weld.
I may be wrong but I took the sonic weld to be referring to how the back plates with UE logos were attached to the main body. I think the holder for the drivers is part Of the "new designed 4 unit divider tech". This could also account for the difference in sound quality perceived by some people in the old version as there would be minor differences in driver placement if they were just glued into the main body.
post #2972 of 4277
High Definition UE900S ^_^



2hmdbn4.png
Edited by jrwong28 - 4/26/14 at 9:33am
post #2973 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwong28 View Post

High Definition UE900S ^_^



2hmdbn4.png
Nice!! Any comments on the sound quality? Especially in relation to the old version.
post #2974 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post
 

The Apple Store used to carry the UE900, which was where I had gotten mine.  In all likelihood they will be carrying the UE900s too, or worse case you can order direct from Logitech.

Thanks. I didn't see the terms of the return policy on Logitech's site, so will probably wait until I can get them somewhere else. I got my first pair from the Apple Store as well. Their current selection is pretty weak, but maybe they'll start stocking these at some point. 

post #2975 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnievidi View Post
 

Thanks. I didn't see the terms of the return policy on Logitech's site, so will probably wait until I can get them somewhere else. I got my first pair from the Apple Store as well. Their current selection is pretty weak, but maybe they'll start stocking these at some point. 

Here is a bit of inside info about the Apple Store: brands have to pay Apple for shelf space, so if you don't see something on the selves, try to ask them nicely to see if that have it in the stock room!  I have gotten my old Sennheiser VMX100 like this before.

post #2976 of 4277

Can anyone please tell me where to locate the serial number on the box of the UE 900? I am looking to purchase one used today and I want to make sure I buy newer one without the defects of the first few batches.

post #2977 of 4277
From memory I think the serial number is under the jack plug on the earphones themselves.
post #2978 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyStillRemains View Post
 

Can anyone please tell me where to locate the serial number on the box of the UE 900? I am looking to purchase one used today and I want to make sure I buy newer one without the defects of the first few batches.

 

Lower right corner on the back of the box, under the barcode label.  Don't remember off top of my head the cutoff date for "good" units, but you need to look for the first 4 digits which indicate the year (13) and the week (XY)

post #2979 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post
 

Here is a bit of inside info about the Apple Store: brands have to pay Apple for shelf space, so if you don't see something on the selves, try to ask them nicely to see if that have it in the stock room!  I have gotten my old Sennheiser VMX100 like this before.

oh sure, of course (face palm). Do you think that applies to their online site as well?

post #2980 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnievidi View Post
 

oh sure, of course (face palm). Do you think that applies to their online site as well?

Yes, the original UE900 was on the site too.

post #2981 of 4277
So it looks they fixed part of the crappy build quality. Now I'm wondering about that bass change. The thing that bothered me most was the soft bass that just took up air without having any real impact. The midbass quantity is fixable by tip rolling a bit for me but the impact is missing on my UE900. Well. One day when I have lots of money, MAYBE I'll buy a pair but that's very low on my priority list right now.
post #2982 of 4277
Not sure about the bass
Edited by jrwong28 - 4/28/14 at 2:49am
post #2983 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post

So it looks they fixed part of the crappy build quality. Now I'm wondering about that bass change. The thing that bothered me most was the soft bass that just took up air without having any real impact. The midbass quantity is fixable by tip rolling a bit for me but the impact is missing on my UE900. Well. One day when I have lots of money, MAYBE I'll buy a pair but that's very low on my priority list right now.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwong28 View Post

Not sure about the bass


Logitech claimed to have improved it on the UE900s, but that has yet to be tested.

post #2984 of 4277

Considering that I absolutely detested the build quality issues on the UE900 (but I quite liked the sound), I am quite heartened by the new version of these earphones. I may see if I can get a pair of the new ones, though I doubt I'll be able to get the same $300 bargain I did on the UE900 :P

post #2985 of 4277

I totally understand how you feel.  However, personally I don't think the early batch was that bad consider that mine still works perfectly, and it was confirmed to be with the bad serial range.  Maybe I just got lucky on my pair...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread