or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 180

post #2686 of 4277

We all hope so but it's not just Amazon UK they are not available in Europe at all from Logitech for a few months now. If it takes a company like Logitech to stock up their flagship earphones almost 3-4 months it's a bit questionable to say the least.  


Edited by Tommy C - 1/21/14 at 10:03am
post #2687 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post
 

We all hope so but it's not just Amazon UK they are not available in Europe at all from Logitech for a few months now. If it takes a company like Logitech to stock up their flagship earphones almost 3-4 months it's a bit questionable to say the least.  

Weird, the option to buy them from Amazon.co.uk directly got removed and there are even fewer retailers to buy them from.

 

And this also: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pcK8psw.png[/IMG]

post #2688 of 4277

This pretty much sums it up. They are discontinued. Even if they bring them back under a different name it won't be the sane model.

Thanks for sharing. 

post #2689 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post

This pretty much sums it up. They are discontinued. Even if they bring them back under a different name it won't be the sane model.
Thanks for sharing. 

Or does it? If you weigh together the facts; Mike Diaz says they're not discontinued. Some sources say they are. Some say a new version is coming out. Is bringing out a UE900 mkII discontinuing this one? If warranty still applies and they swap out all the faulty ones for a newer model with better QC? I think everybody may just be saying the same thing just from different perspectives. There may be a new model coming out but it's most likely just going to be a continuation of the UE900 with better build quality.
post #2690 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post

Or does it? If you weigh together the facts; Mike Diaz says they're not discontinued. Some sources say they are. Some say a new version is coming out. Is bringing out a UE900 mkII discontinuing this one? If warranty still applies and they swap out all the faulty ones for a newer model with better QC? I think everybody may just be saying the same thing just from different perspectives. There may be a new model coming out but it's most likely just going to be a continuation of the UE900 with better build quality.

With all due respect to Logitech and Mr. Diaz they are not available anywhere in Europe for almost 4 months. The attached screenshot that was posted clearly stated that they are no longer available and will follow a different model with some changes, which to me means they are NOT gonna be the same and possibly may or may not better, but the current EU 900 are no longer available hence I dare to say they are discontinue.
Edited by Tommy C - 1/27/14 at 5:10pm
post #2691 of 4277
I just looked on the website here in Canada and they are still for sale at 400.00 bucks ..
post #2692 of 4277
Available in Canada, nada in Europe.
post #2693 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C View Post

Available in Canada, nada in Europe.
I'm sorry to hear that. ..
post #2694 of 4277
I'm curious..the airplane adapter that comes with these ..is it a 75omh adapter ? Something like what you'd get for the er4p's ?
post #2695 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman46 View Post

I'm curious..the airplane adapter that comes with these ..is it a 75omh adapter ? Something like what you'd get for the er4p's ?

 

It adds resistance.  I forget how much exactly though.  But yes, it's similar to something you'd get for the ER4P. 

post #2696 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

It adds resistance.  I forget how much exactly though.  But yes, it's similar to something you'd get for the ER4P. 
great thank you. I read a review I think ..inears uk and he thinks it's 75omh ..thanks for your reply :-)
post #2697 of 4277
Well I added the airline adapter to them when I got home and I'm really liking how it makes them sound. .the sound more neutral so can hear detail more clearly for sure. .first I tried it on my 601 slim and it almost didn't have enough power on the high output setting. .then I tried it on my classic / v3 combo and sounds great. ..very happy. .I also turned the amp to the high setting. .seems like it's adding alot of impedance. .maybe 100 ohms.??
post #2698 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman46 View Post

Well I added the airline adapter to them when I got home and I'm really liking how it makes them sound. .the sound more neutral so can hear detail more clearly for sure. .first I tried it on my 601 slim and it almost didn't have enough power on the high output setting. .then I tried it on my classic / v3 combo and sounds great. ..very happy. .I also turned the amp to the high setting. .seems like it's adding alot of impedance. .maybe 100 ohms.??

The difference between 100 and 75 ohms should be almost negligable. But I've seen some quotations that it's 100 ohms as opposed to the 75 ohm P->S adapter.
post #2699 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post

The difference between 100 and 75 ohms should be almost negligable. But I've seen some quotations that it's 100 ohms as opposed to the 75 ohm P->S adapter.
you would. Think so huh..but I had the er4s and my 601 slim drove. Them no problem.. .that I can remember anyway lol. .don't have a great memory. Lol
post #2700 of 4277

I need help.


I'm very close to buying these today, there's one turnoff that will completely stop my purchase though.

What kind of bass do the UE6000's hold? Is it deep, rich, detailed bass that extends like Denon 2000's? Or is it fart cannons like the XB500's?
I've never tried any of the two cans unfortunately.

I've heard the lower treble is a bit hot?

I'm originating from A900X and Q701's, so sparkly 8-10khz treble is fine for me.

Although if it's hot treble like the CKM500's found here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/lightbox/post/9404736/id/838787

Then that would be a total deal killer for me, despite hearing it being an amazing can for $80 at my retail store.

In a nutshell, I'm looking for a Denon D2000 alternative without the >$300 price tag.


Edited by Nec3 - 1/29/14 at 9:28am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread