or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 165

post #2461 of 4277

Just ordered these. Wasn't planning to, but the price was too good.

 

Have all the quality control issues been worked out now?

 

I have experience with Logitech Customer Service before, so not afraid of sending them back, but still it would be nice if they don't fall apart in my hand. LOL.

post #2462 of 4277

Where are they still available for cheap?

post #2463 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by qawsed View Post
 

Where are they still available for cheap?

 

Some times ago they were in sale on Logitech site. For half price.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-13 View Post
 

Just ordered these. Wasn't planning to, but the price was too good.

 

Have all the quality control issues been worked out now?

 

I have experience with Logitech Customer Service before, so not afraid of sending them back, but still it would be nice if they don't fall apart in my hand. LOL.

 

No I think they have no particular build problems.

post #2464 of 4277

How are these compared to the 3.ai's? Mind you it's on sale for $200 via NCIX canada, and can be price matched for non-canadians

post #2465 of 4277

Guys, I'd be grateful if you can give me some advice regarding the  best DAP for these. I've just ordered them while they were on sale on NCIX(also I've been deciding between this and Heir Audio 4.Ai for 70 more dollars and chose UE 900) and now I'd like to get a good DAP for them. I am choosing between E.T. MA8/iHiFi/760/iHiFi960/dx50/Fiio X5 maybe? So dx50 could have been the one but I am afraid if them both lack presense on low's I'll get very thin and not interesting sound, same goes for iHiFi 960. Maybe someone can give me the best advice on how to get the best out of UE 900?

post #2466 of 4277
What are your sound preferences?
post #2467 of 4277

I like all kind of music but mostly I am listening to chorus + some instrumental or electro like soundtracks or music from trailers ( x ray dog etc). So I hope maybe to get some energetic sound, without any flaws on lows etc.


Edited by LMka - 11/25/13 at 11:43am
post #2468 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMka View Post
 

I like all kind of music but mostly I am listening to chorus + some instrumental or electro like soundtracks or music from trailers ( x ray dog etc). So I hope maybe to get some energetic sound, without any flaws on lows etc.

Well for sure the UE 900 aren't bass centric IEMs. They are instead well balanced with crisp high and slightly forwarded mids. Nice sound, not too warm. 

I think they are not aggressive IEM, like we had said some days ago.

post #2469 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMka View Post

Guys, I'd be grateful if you can give me some advice regarding the  best DAP for these. I've just ordered them while they were on sale on NCIX(also I've been deciding between this and Heir Audio 4.Ai for 70 more dollars and chose UE 900) and now I'd like to get a good DAP for them. I am choosing between E.T. MA8/iHiFi/760/iHiFi960/dx50/Fiio X5 maybe? So dx50 could have been the one but I am afraid if them both lack presense on low's I'll get very thin and not interesting sound, same goes for iHiFi 960. Maybe someone can give me the best advice on how to get the best out of UE 900?
The UE900s sound great with the DX50. I was about to give my UE900s away because of the veil in the mids I was hearing. The DX50 clears that up and improves the bass. They work really really well together. It's the best combo out of all my IEMs
post #2470 of 4277

Hey all,

 

New to posting, though I've been a longtime lurker...

 

Had a question about the Ultimate Ears 900...my TripleFis were basically the best things I put in my head, so when the 900s came out, I was very excited. I have been having a slight issue with the left ear bud/cable...Sometimes if I move my head a certain way or move the ear bud/cable, I get static and the sound cuts in and out. I have tried plugging in to a bunch of different media - computer, phone, Mac based, Windows based, etc and it happens every time.

 

I called Logitech, who's customer service, while polite, was reading from their script and couldn't give me any helpful information. I had the 900s replaced, thinking that I likely just got a lemon, but the same issue is happening again. 

 

Has anyone heard of this problem? Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions at all? HALP!

 

Thanks!

post #2471 of 4277
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanamagoo View Post
 

Hey all,

 

New to posting, though I've been a longtime lurker...

 

Had a question about the Ultimate Ears 900...my TripleFis were basically the best things I put in my head, so when the 900s came out, I was very excited. I have been having a slight issue with the left ear bud/cable...Sometimes if I move my head a certain way or move the ear bud/cable, I get static and the sound cuts in and out. I have tried plugging in to a bunch of different media - computer, phone, Mac based, Windows based, etc and it happens every time.

 

I called Logitech, who's customer service, while polite, was reading from their script and couldn't give me any helpful information. I had the 900s replaced, thinking that I likely just got a lemon, but the same issue is happening again. 

 

Has anyone heard of this problem? Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions at all? HALP!

 

Thanks!

 

This is a common problem.  My suggestions have so far been to use a IEM cleaning tool (they are typically less than 5 dollars and are good to have to keep maintenance on any IEM) and use the brush side to brush both the male and female ends of the connectors between the cable and the IEM housing.  Make sure you brush thoroughly if you go this route.  If that doesn't work, others have suggested, I think Logitech has as well (don't quote me on the Logitech part though), to use a certain chemical to dissolve what's on the contacts (can't think of the name of it right now for some reason :/).  

 

Here's a quick run down of what we feel the problem is.  After manufacturing, there is some residue left over from working with the metal contacts.  This residue is supposed to dry off and come off as well before the user purchases the product.  For some reason, it isn't.  So there is a layer of clear residue on the contacts of the IEMs which needs to be brushed and cleaned off.  

post #2472 of 4277

Funny you say that chanamagoo...  I've started having the exact same problems, and was fended off by UE in the same way.  Not all that pleased.  Given that I never found them hugely comfortable, I'm going to have a bit of an experiment and send them off to Cosmic Ears for a custom reshell. 

 

I think the issue is the connector between cable and the IEM - not sure if it's the cable or the monitor, but I think one part just isn't working quite right.  Cosmic Ears has told me that they won't use that connector.  I don't know whether that's due to their manufacturing (all their CIEMs use the standard Westone/JHA connector), or whether it's because there have been a lot of complaints about these connectors, but when I get them back they'll be fitted with the standard connector.

post #2473 of 4277

Quite alarming that Logitech doesn't have a new script to read to it's customers on such a catastrophic failure that's been in the field a year now.

 

Unreal....

post #2474 of 4277

Reading about the repeated cable and build issues over here had a big influence over my decision to cancel for the UE 900s which I picked up at $200 on NCIX :confused: I really wanted to make these my primary IEMs after I decided to sell my TF-10s (they never gave me a comfortable fit), but not to be I guess!!

post #2475 of 4277

Thanks to the DX50 I finally discovered that UE900 has great bass :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread