Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 159

post #2371 of 3781

I'm using a different one because I lost mine but the included one should be 100 Ohm as well.

post #2372 of 3781
Thanks MoonYeol
post #2373 of 3781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkitchen View Post

quote name="Spyro" url="/t/624973/ultimate-ears-ue-900-discussion-and-appreciation-thread/2355#post_9942397"]Basically much less exciting and kind of boring.  UE900 is flat and reference level neutral in it's presentation where TF10 and W3 (especially W3) are much more robust, colorful and slamming.
[/quote]

You really think that ue900 are boring?

Relative to the other two, yes.  For a quad driver I expect a lot more.  For example the bass is light and soft, the highs are rolled off and the midrange is average sounding.  It's just kind of blah sounding to me.  For  a single driver I would give it more praise but for a 4 -driver IEM I think my 2-driver JH5 mops the floor with it.

post #2374 of 3781
More drivers =/= better sound. Has been proven before. But I can see your point in the tuning of these. I never use my UE900 unmodded.
post #2375 of 3781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro View Post

Relative to the other two, yes.  For a quad driver I expect a lot more.  For example the bass is light and soft, the highs are rolled off and the midrange is average sounding.  It's just kind of blah sounding to me.  For  a single driver I would give it more praise but for a 4 -driver IEM I think my 2-driver JH5 mops the floor with it.

Of course man, JH is more expensive than UE universal IEM :-)
post #2376 of 3781

Can anyone lend an insight to how the UE900 compare to the Shure SE215? Contemplating whether or not it's worth the upgrade at the discounted price. Details on treble presence would be really appreciated!

post #2377 of 3781

The discounted price is quite insane. If you mean the 50% off on UE900.

post #2378 of 3781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post
 

Can anyone lend an insight to how the UE900 compare to the Shure SE215? Contemplating whether or not it's worth the upgrade at the discounted price. Details on treble presence would be really appreciated!

 

I have the UE900, SE215 and SE535 and had the Triple-Fi 10.

 

The SE215 sounds veiled at the higher frequencies and the bass is less "tight" compared to the UE900, but the SE215 has the typical prominent Shure midrange.

post #2379 of 3781

JohnSantana the JH5 is same cost as the UE900

post #2380 of 3781

Hey guys 

 

Just did a quick google but couldnt seem to find the answer. 

 

Is the batch number the first 4 digit of the serial number on the box?

post #2381 of 3781
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibilantz View Post
 

Hey guys

 

Just did a quick google but couldnt seem to find the answer.

 

Is the batch number the first 4 digit of the serial number on the box?

No I don't think they correlate.  It's stamped on the source end of your cable.  Pretty hard to see but it's there.

post #2382 of 3781
Quote:
Originally Posted by didactandnarpet View Post
 

No I don't think they correlate.  It's stamped on the source end of your cable.  Pretty hard to see but it's there.

Ah thank you. Just got my replacements so was checking if it is one of the newer batches. Previous one died after several weeks, rather disappointing.

Having said that I have to EQ alot to get it to the sound I prefer, do you guys mainly use no EQ with decent source and hq files?

post #2383 of 3781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofre View Post
 

Can anyone lend an insight to how the UE900 compare to the Shure SE215? Contemplating whether or not it's worth the upgrade at the discounted price. Details on treble presence would be really appreciated!


If money matters then short answer is no. Consider that Shure SE215 is $99, UE900 is $400. 

You may ask if UE900 is 4 times better ? IMO no, I will say twice better, I really don't think UE900 doesn't worth that much, same goes all other high-end IEMs,

At $1000+ price point, just get portable headphone with a good portable amp. 

 

And I warn you that UE900 cable will not last long, my blue cable lasted about 1 month and black one is about to die.

 

If you use this for traveling, you better spend money on Ultrasone Edition 8, (if you can get it for $999).

post #2384 of 3781
If wondering if the UE 900 are worth the $300-400 I would say the Ultrasone Ed 8 aren't 10× better than the Se215. And wth are you doing with your cables to have them break after a month?
post #2385 of 3781
I think UE8 worth $1000 max, I had it before but sold it due to comfort issue, but thinking of buying it again or wait for the next revision with the detachable cables.


I take UE900, TripleFi and SE215 to the gym, I run about an hour and lift weights nothing extreme to harm the cable but UE900 cables don't last long as Shure cables. I have 2 pairs of UE900 and I know it's the cable not the driver.



I am not that technically advanced person but there might be some design issue with UE900 connector. Other than that I like UE900, that's why I have 2, smily_headphones1.gif And money wasn't an issue, otherwise I will go with SE215.
Edited by Canadian411 - 11/5/13 at 4:26am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread