or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 158

post #2356 of 4055

Ahh ok, i am gonna use the search function. Yeah clear polish is a smart idea.

And thanks.
 

post #2357 of 4055

Replacement UE900 arrived with S/N starting with 1334, when was this made?

post #2358 of 4055

Self delete...


Edited by Waqar - 10/28/13 at 5:26pm
post #2359 of 4055

Thanks people for giving some helpful tips.  Logitech was very quick to replace my defective set.  Haven't received them yet but I'm looking forward to having a functional pair.  I was also told that they're going to send me something called DEOXIT.  I thought that was a rather nice touch.  Would all of you recommend applying some right out of the box.  Or every few months of use.  

post #2360 of 4055
Quote:
Originally Posted by didactandnarpet View Post
 

Thanks people for giving some helpful tips.  Logitech was very quick to replace my defective set.  Haven't received them yet but I'm looking forward to having a functional pair.  I was also told that they're going to send me something called DEOXIT.  I thought that was a rather nice touch.  Would all of you recommend applying some right out of the box.  Or every few months of use.  

 

Some users used it out of the box if they ran into issues.  They are supposed to help clean the contacts of the UE900.  I used a standard brush to do it, this is a chemical way to do it though.  Both work.  I still believe its post-manufacturing that leaves this residue.  It could also be that the residue is coated to avoid oxide building up (they aren't gold plated).  

post #2361 of 4055

i suggested clear nail polish, haven't tried it myself though. i still haven't had any issues, i've had a couple of cut outs on the right side, but only when i've moved my head suddenly and only in the first couple of weeks, no problems for the last month.

post #2362 of 4055

sorry for the double post, coincidentally found that the UE 900 is currently ~50% off via logitechs UK store (169 instead of £329):

 

http://ue.logitech.com/en-gb/product/ue900?crid=1375&affid=1546795

 

bit gutted i paid full price at the start of december, but still really pleased with them.

post #2363 of 4055
Wow. Really wow.
post #2364 of 4055

Hey guys, Recently lost my soft pouch for my UE900s.  It's such a small piece that I can't really buy it on its own.  Anyone on this forum willing to let theirs go?

 

Cheers!

post #2365 of 4055
You can buy some random drawstring pouch off ebay otherwise. Works fine and well, even if it looks riddiculous, small pink pouches are underrated.
post #2366 of 4055

Any comparison of these to the Westone 3 or TF10?

post #2367 of 4055
Quote:
Originally Posted by aristo View Post
 

Any comparison of these to the Westone 3 or TF10?

Basically much less exciting and kind of boring.  UE900 is flat and reference level neutral in it's presentation where TF10 and W3 (especially W3) are much more robust, colorful and slamming.

post #2368 of 4055
quote name="Spyro" url="/t/624973/ultimate-ears-ue-900-discussion-and-appreciation-thread/2355#post_9942397"]Basically much less exciting and kind of boring.  UE900 is flat and reference level neutral in it's presentation where TF10 and W3 (especially W3) are much more robust, colorful and slamming.
[/quote]

You really think that ue900 are boring?
post #2369 of 4055
I feel like I have a tendency to just spam in discussions so I tried not to comment. But really, the UE900 is far from reference flat. With 100 Ohm adapter and pinholes blocked it is pretty flat, it measures well. But stock UE900 is no way reference flat. Boring? That depends on your preference. I find modded UE900 to be insanely boring, in a good way.
post #2370 of 4055
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonYeol View Post

I feel like I have a tendency to just spam in discussions so I tried not to comment. But really, the UE900 is far from reference flat. With 100 Ohm adapter and pinholes blocked it is pretty flat, it measures well. But stock UE900 is no way reference flat. Boring? That depends on your preference. I find modded UE900 to be insanely boring, in a good way.

Quick question: is the 100 ohm adapter the thing that came with the UE900s?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread