Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 146

post #2176 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayaudio116 View Post

Blue cabel started acting up so i switch to black. The stock tips where small instead of medium like the orginal. There zero distortion on max lv and there more subbass then before. Im try the comply tips to see if its diffrent because on all my other replacement they seem to be one size to small for the 900

 

More sub-bass presence is expected, it's what happened with mine.  It'll go back down with time...  What confuses me is the volume and balance issues you're having. 

post #2177 of 3518
The comply tip are stil to small the cabels dont work good on my ipod for some reason but works good on everything else maybe thats why i had to turn it up so much. There still no distortion at max voilum. Defently more subbass but not by that much, sounds a bit fuller and there a littel bit of air and i notice a littel bit of sibilance not a big deal. before i never heard any. Thats the only diffrence that notice
post #2178 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayaudio116 View Post

The comply tip are stil to small the cabels dont work good on my ipod for some reason but works good on everything else maybe thats why i had to turn it up so much. There still no distortion at max voilum. Defently more subbass but not by that much, sounds a bit fuller and there a littel bit of air and i notice a littel bit of sibilance not a big deal. before i never heard any. Thats the only diffrence that notice

 

The UE 900 did burn in as time went on for me.  So your sonic issues with the signature may go away due to that.  We aren't sure if the burn in is in the drivers or some other system, but the pinhole-nozzle proves to be very sensitive on its own (my claim is that this is what changes the sound with time; it gets clogged with earwax as you use it). 

 

As for your volume issue, your iPod may be defective as you just isolated your iPod as the only source of issue.  Get it checked out. 

post #2179 of 3518
Did you get a ue900 also with white filter tinman? I'm aware that the sound change over time but there still seem to be more subbass then the red filters. The last pair only lasted maybe a month and a half and I was using comply foam tips with the wax gard.the white filter has a lil more base uncloged then the red but unlike the red filter it didn't have as bad as a midrange veil. And yeah that's what I figured in get a new iPod sometime this month for now I guss my phone will do
Edited by jayaudio116 - 8/21/13 at 4:06pm
post #2180 of 3518

 my camera on my phone suck il try to post better pics next time

post #2181 of 3518

Mine has a red filter on the large bore.  It's the small bore, unfiltered, that I was referring to though. 

post #2182 of 3518
Im starting to think that the filters are not white and are just missing. What role dose the filters play on sound and if it where missing would i be abel to see the internal of the iem or is there something under the filters. I plug them in my ipod again and they work perfectly tho it still takes a huge amount of energy to drive them. I have no ideal why it was acting up before or if it was due to the 900 or my ipod
Edited by jayaudio116 - 8/22/13 at 3:08pm
post #2183 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayaudio116 View Post

Im starting to think that the filters are not white and are just missing. What role dose the filters play on sound and if it where missing would i be abel to see the internal of the iem or is there something under the filters. I plug them in my ipod again and they work perfectly tho it still takes a huge amount of energy to drive them. I have no ideal why it was acting up before or if it was due to the 900 or my ipod

 

They would create more treble and dampen bass generally (bass effect is tiny though).

post #2184 of 3518

Hey. I'm just wondering about that little airplane adapter. I've seen some say that it's 100 Ohm and some say 75. I know the old TF10 adapter was measured at 100 but is it the same adapter used with the UE900. Just curious. Oh and btw. Small Auvio tips give a bit of a deeper fit.

post #2185 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by asarin View Post

I must be you from a parallel universe two weeks ahead, because I ran into this exact issue with this very batch, which I had also received as a replacement for a broken UE TF10 less than a year ago.  That said, my story has a good ending, so read on.  The only additional twist is that my right IEM fell apart while switching cables, prompting a call to Logitech support.  Upon receiving a polite 'you're out of luck' message despite my offers to pay for repairs or replacement parts, I felt compelled to share my thoughts on the Amazon UE900 review page (http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A3OLWISEVGSA0H/ref=cm_cr_pr_auth_rev?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview).  Within two days I received a comment from someone who worked at Logitech with an offer to set things right.  It has been less than a week since and I am enjoying a brand new pair of UE900s as we speak  (batch 1345 if memory serves me but the light is dim and i am just too lazy to confirm :) 

 

I learned that the individual who reached out to me is the SVP and head of the musical div of Logitech.  Thank goodness they have someone up top who knows what they are doing!   Based on his postings on negative Amazon reviews, I imagine I am not the first person to have received a replacement this way. 
 
I do hope you are able to similarly resolve your problem and are able to once again enjoy what is otherwise a very fine IEM!  
 
Cheers,
Avinash  

 

Just a little follow up on your advice.   I went the social media route (Posting a Publicly Scathing Review) and Rory from UE reached out to me in less than 24 hours.  In another 24 I had a new pair of UE 900's on the way to my house. They just arrived today and I've been using them non-stop for the last 2 hours.  I have batch 1325 and they have absolutely zero problems.  No connection issues, no buzzing - just the pure sound I had come to expect from these guys.

post #2186 of 3518
It has probably already been discussed here but if someone could compares these to the w4r that would be great.?? I've been reading about these and I'm very interested in them as my next new pair of iems. I have the w4r and I love them. The only complaint would be that they sound a whole lot better IMO amped. When straight out of my ipod they are ok but I have to turn the volume like way up to even make them sound decent just my opinion. Another complaint would be that the mids seem kinda recessed I think they call it a veil. And I wish they were a little more dynamic too. Anyways any thoughts and comparisons would be great. Thanks. Happy listening smily_headphones1.gifsmily_headphones1.gif
post #2187 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman46 View Post

It has probably already been discussed here but if someone could compares these to the w4r that would be great.?? I've been reading about these and I'm very interested in them as my next new pair of iems. I have the w4r and I love them. The only complaint would be that they sound a whole lot better IMO amped. When straight out of my ipod they are ok but I have to turn the volume like way up to even make them sound decent just my opinion. Another complaint would be that the mids seem kinda recessed I think they call it a veil. And I wish they were a little more dynamic too. Anyways any thoughts and comparisons would be great. Thanks. Happy listening smily_headphones1.gifsmily_headphones1.gif

 

THe UE 900 has less of a veil and a more forward midrange.  Vocals don't have as much dynamics, so you may lose out on that.  Treble is a little more reserved as well. 

post #2188 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

THe UE 900 has less of a veil and a more forward midrange.  Vocals don't have as much dynamics, so you may lose out on that.  Treble is a little more reserved as well. 
Thank you. They are probably not for me then. Cause one thing I do really like on the w4r is the treble and I wouldn't want to get rid of that ya know. I'm thinking about changing the cable on them. Maybe that might help with that veil. When I use my amp it helps a bit but it's still there. Like I said if they were a little more dynamic and not as recessed in the mids they would probably IMO be the perfect iem. Well for me anyways. But I'm learning really fast and a lot of money later that there is really no such thing as the PERFECT iem. Something always seems to be off. So I guess ya find the signature you like and live with it. Or be dumb like a lot of us,,, me included lol and spend and spend and spend looking for it. Lol
post #2189 of 3518
Have to say, I still have my UE900 and they are still my best IEM. I tried the M200 recently but as much as I enjoy their signature for it's bass, I still prefer the overall package of above average isolation, comfort, detail, and signature the UE900 offer. It's bass works very well for most of my music while vocals, stringed, wind, and percussion instruments are so clear and vibrant.

after using the M200 for a week it is like a breath of fresh air to switch back to the UE900.
post #2190 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman46 View Post


Thank you. They are probably not for me then. Cause one thing I do really like on the w4r is the treble and I wouldn't want to get rid of that ya know. I'm thinking about changing the cable on them. Maybe that might help with that veil. When I use my amp it helps a bit but it's still there. Like I said if they were a little more dynamic and not as recessed in the mids they would probably IMO be the perfect iem. Well for me anyways. But I'm learning really fast and a lot of money later that there is really no such thing as the PERFECT iem. Something always seems to be off. So I guess ya find the signature you like and live with it. Or be dumb like a lot of us,,, me included lol and spend and spend and spend looking for it. Lol

 

Glad I could help.  Good luck on the never-ending, money-sucking journey ;)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread