Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 124

post #1846 of 3781
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizard View Post

If your getting wax in your ue900s then I think your inserting them too deep. You should select a larger tip to give a seal on the outer ear for best sound.

 

My wax isn't the wet kind.  It's the dry flakey kind.  It's not only the wax that will clog up the pinhole nozzle though, there are other things that will too :p  As for inserting them too deep.  They haven't reached my second bend yet (I don't even think it's possible with the 900 :p).  So I'm all good ;)

post #1847 of 3781

My experience with these headphones has been (comparing them to my Westone 4R's):

 

- Lighter on bass than the Westone's in a way I don't prefer (They have great bass compared to most headphones, but in my opinion not as good as the 4R's)

 

- They are very finicky in terms of placement and distortion. By this, if you don't place them with enough seal or at the right angle, music can get fuzzy at times (their website states this is because they need more isolation so they suggest moving them around). My 4R's never have this problem

 

- Their mids are more detailed than the 4R's in my experience. I can hear a more distinct seperation between instruments or sounds in the mid range than the 4R's - but not enough to warrant their lack of bass for my personal taste.

 

Love the microphone and buttons

 

I wish the 4R's had the UE 900's mids, but having to choose between the two I chose the 4R's

post #1848 of 3781
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntheman123 View Post

My experience with these headphones has been (comparing them to my Westone 4R's):

 

- Lighter on bass than the Westone's in a way I don't prefer (They have great bass compared to most headphones, but in my opinion not as good as the 4R's)

 

- They are very finicky in terms of placement and distortion. By this, if you don't place them with enough seal or at the right angle, music can get fuzzy at times (their website states this is because they need more isolation so they suggest moving them around). My 4R's never have this problem

 

- Their mids are more detailed than the 4R's in my experience. I can hear a more distinct seperation between instruments or sounds in the mid range than the 4R's - but not enough to warrant their lack of bass for my personal taste.

 

Love the microphone and buttons

 

I wish the 4R's had the UE 900's mids, but having to choose between the two I chose the 4R's

 

I'll agree with everything here, but I don't hear this "fuzzy" music :p  It's possible its your source as well.  What are you using to drive the UE 900? 

post #1849 of 3781

I've used my iPhone 5 normally, my Retina Macbook Pro normally, and my iPhone 5 with a FIIO amp - it happens regardless of the source (I've also tested it using FLAC files):

 

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32446/section/troubleshoot/crid/1419/lt_product_id/10149/tabs/1,3,2,4,5/cl/us,en

post #1850 of 3781
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntheman123 View Post

I've used my iPhone 5 normally, my Retina Macbook Pro normally, and my iPhone 5 with a FIIO amp - it happens regardless of the source (I've also tested it using FLAC files):

 

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32446/section/troubleshoot/crid/1419/lt_product_id/10149/tabs/1,3,2,4,5/cl/us,en

 

I want to say you may possibly have a defective pair of UE 900.  I don't know if the fuzzyness is actually a muffled/really soft sound (EG, not loud enough). 

post #1851 of 3781

Guys, lazy to read 124 pages of tread. Can someone please tell about UE900 vs Heir Audio 4.Ai or vs Alclair Reference?

post #1852 of 3781
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizard View Post


Great 4th post n00b. That was not a compliment btw it was sarcasm.

 

i am a noob because you talk nonsense. LMAO.

post #1853 of 3781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dainity View Post

Guys, lazy to read 124 pages of tread. Can someone please tell about UE900 vs Heir Audio 4.Ai or vs Alclair Reference?

 

At the top of the thread there's a "Search this thread" link.  Just type in the IEMs you want to compare against into there - don't recall seeing anything vs. the Alclair, but there should be alot of chatter vs. Heir.

post #1854 of 3781
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post


I'm unsure if the drivers burn in, but the pinhole bore does get filled with time (unless you're the type that cleans your ears nightly). You can try covering up the pinhole bore to see what it'll sound like in the long run. Regular burn in will make the minimal difference in contrast to what happens with the pinhole nozzle.
I'm not sure I agree with this statement. Either way, I don't want to turn it into that conversation. You're free to believe what you want, but there really is no proof going either direction for burn in, especially with BAs (which have close to no data).

I tried to cover up the pinhole bore. There is still some issue with vocals and upper mids. There is sometimes disturbing distortion in sound.. 

post #1855 of 3781
Quote:
Originally Posted by portnoy83 View Post

I tried to cover up the pinhole bore. There is still some issue with vocals and upper mids. There is sometimes disturbing distortion in sound.. 

It's possible that your UE 900 is defective. Contact UE support?
post #1856 of 3781
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post


It's possible that your UE 900 is defective. Contact UE support?

There is a chance to replace it from an Apple store? It has been purchased from Logitech itself.

post #1857 of 3781
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeau View Post

 

At the top of the thread there's a "Search this thread" link.  Just type in the IEMs you want to compare against into there - don't recall seeing anything vs. the Alclair, but there should be alot of chatter vs. Heir.

 



Many thanks friend, i'll do!

post #1858 of 3781
Quote:
Originally Posted by portnoy83 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post


It's possible that your UE 900 is defective. Contact UE support?

There is a chance to replace it from an Apple store? It has been purchased from Logitech itself.


If you purchased through Logitech, you'll have to exchange through Logitech. Apple store won't take it unless accompanied by a receipt.
post #1859 of 3781

What's a good price on the UE900?

 

I only see them for the MSRP of 399.

post #1860 of 3781
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnesto View Post

What's a good price on the UE900?

 

I only see them for the MSRP of 399.


~400 bucks for new is standard price for UE900

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread