Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 111

post #1651 of 3774

How does the mod affect the sound apart from reducing the bass and improving clarity. Does it affect the volume, soundstage, mids etc.


Edited by Love Music - 3/6/13 at 3:29am
post #1652 of 3774
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlz12 View Post

Now they said that they can't fix it, and nothing can be done. It is such a disgrace that they won't take any responsibility whatever. I paid around 500 dollars when it first came out and now they won't do anythingangry_face.gif? Even if it's the products fault? If the product can't be fixed, does anybody have an idea how to get heard about this issue? I hope no one will be as unfortunate as me. I'm thinking  just to get heard if 500 dollars is the price of honesty from logitech's side I will let it gomad.gif.

 

That's very bad news and doesn't sound like Logitech at all. I remember that the housing cracked often with the TF10 and Logitech always replaced it with a brand new pair.

 

I suggest to just open a new support request. The people there are not equally trained.

post #1653 of 3774
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlz12 View Post

Now they said that they can't fix it, and nothing can be done. It is such a disgrace that they won't take any responsibility whatever. I paid around 500 dollars when it first came out and now they won't do anythingangry_face.gif
? Even if it's the products fault? If the product can't be fixed, does anybody have an idea how to get heard about this issue? I hope no one will be as unfortunate as me. I'm thinking  just to get heard if 500 dollars is the price of honesty from logitech's side I will let it go
mad.gif
.
how long have you had the IEM and did you buy it from an authorized reseller? If you bought it from an authorized reseller and its in warranty just open another ticket like Ultrazino mentioned because that is clearly a defect.

if you bought it 2nd hand or from an unauthorized reseller you may be out of luck and need to do your own glue repair.
post #1654 of 3774
I bought it from from just any store that would sell it with an authorized warranty. Good news though i sent an e-mail to Logitech Asia Pacific and they said they will send a replacement. They wanted to know the representative that dealt with me. Will update you guys when anything happens. I applaud their service.
post #1655 of 3774
Great news, it seemed weird that they wouldn't fix it.
post #1656 of 3774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Music View Post

How does the mod affect the sound apart from reducing the bass and improving clarity. Does it affect the volume, soundstage, mids etc.

 

Well, reducing the bass does have a perceived lowered volume.  The actual volume at 1k, however, should go up a little.

post #1657 of 3774
It seems Logitech is now synonymous with ruining great product from small companies, Squeezebox, Harmony remote and now UE is in danger of being marginalized by its apparent issue on QC.
post #1658 of 3774
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

Well, reducing the bass does have a perceived lowered volume.  The actual volume at 1k, however, should go up a little.

Ah, thanks.

 

I'm going to return my pair as well. I get that static noise at higher volumes too.

post #1659 of 3774
I find the UE900 is fantastic at low volume in regards to dynamics. Consequently I can see it might not work as well for higher volume listening, for me 50% is getting to loud.

I just ordered the android version of the Shure 215/535 cable so I can have a microphone and 1 button control with my Windows phone. My head-fi hunt is coming to a close. The UE900 is the proverbial gold at the end of the rainbow for me.
post #1660 of 3774
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

I find the UE900 is fantastic at low volume in regards to dynamics. Consequently I can see it might not work as well for higher volume listening, for me 50% is getting to loud.

I just ordered the android version of the Shure 215/535 cable so I can have a microphone and 1 button control with my Windows phone. My head-fi hunt is coming to a close. The UE900 is the proverbial gold at the end of the rainbow for me.
Really it sounds that good to you? Is that for just over any UIEM only or does that include CIEMs as well? The comfort and fit of the UE 900s are no issue at all for you and you would not want any improvement?
Edited by Sacman - 3/7/13 at 8:39am
post #1661 of 3774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacman View Post

Really it sounds that good to you? Is that for just over any UIEM only or does that include CIEMs as well? The comfort and fit of the UE 900s are no issue at all for you and you would not want any improvement?

 

Ever since I bought mine back in November (or October?) I haven't thought about a single other IEM. I have tried a few others like Heir 4.Ai and FA-3E after but they were definitely no improvement.

 

Comfort is good. I will avoid Customs as I fear the effect of sucking into the ear canal. My ears are sensible.

 

 

I am waiting for a price drop to buy a backup pair. My IEM journey is on halt.

post #1662 of 3774

For the second time i've come across a professional review that claims that these iems distort at high volumes:

 

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2410118,00.asp

 

That would echo a few complaints from a headfier that heard distortion on the pristine track Babylon Sisters (by Steely Dan).

 

Would you shed some light on this issue?

 

I tend to listen at low volumes but from time to time i crank it up and i've never got any distortion from my UM3x or my SE420s. Hence i won't fork out so much dough for a product that exhibits this kind of behaviour.

post #1663 of 3774

I listen to my IEM's pretty loud but I wouldn't be close to max volume and there's quite a few good IEM's that would distort at max volume, I mean that's crazy loud and small drivers just can't handle that.  If I put my e-Q5 on max I don't know if it would distort but who would even listen to an IEM that loud.

post #1664 of 3774
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfary View Post

a professional review...

 

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2410118,00.asp

 

Professional as in "we get paid for ads and review accordingly."

 

I don't have your track and I just went as loud as I could on a few other tracks FiiO E17 at volume 27. I even hit the EQ with bass +4. My UE900 sounds great, the bass is incredible punchy and clean. I've tried Electro from Noisa, Alex Gopher, Gingy and Crystal Method.

 

I am guessing it's a recording error (clipping).

post #1665 of 3774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacman View Post

Really it sounds that good to you? Is that for just over any UIEM only or does that include CIEMs as well? The comfort and fit of the UE 900s are no issue at all for you and you would not want any improvement?
I like Ultrazino am not a fan of CIEM's my one one foray into that market left me cold as I didn't enjoy the feel of the custom IEM in my ear canal and more importantly I need to take my IEM's out often so found the process to cumbersome.

Sonically, comfort, and functionally speaking the UE900 is close to perfect in my opinion. It bests every high end IEM I have owned which include IE8, SM3, MTPC, MDR-7550, GR07(MK1/MK2), JVC FXZ100, Ety HF3, Sony XBA3, and a plethora of other lesser and greater IEM's. It also competes well against my Shure 940/1440 full size headphones.

I am not saying it's the best out there as I have not heard many of the other high end IEM's but I think it's the best I have heard and if you read my listening habits and have similar ones I think it might be right for you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread