My pair was from batch 1425 and still had issues.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 8/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- UE future? Last post on 7/20/12 at 4:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multiple earbuds for sale. Last post on 1/29/12 at 1:39am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- UE 4 Pro or 1964 Ears Quad (1964-Q), Please help ... A poor noobie tread :( Last post on 8/25/11 at 7:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FT: Sony MDR-EX600 for Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi-10 Last post on 8/8/11 at 3:40pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
i had these headphones from last 8 months and i am enjoying it a lot for listening classical, jazz.these headphones offer proper imaging to the vocals of the artist and music it fairly do justice...
These headphones are a great pair for home use, and use for movies, videos and ect. They deliver great sound quality, but I wouldn't consider it hi-Fi though. I listen to mostly Metal and Rock...
I was overall unimpressed with the Focal Spirit One cans. I'm hardly a connoisseur of headphones, but I was let down a bit by the sound and the manufacturer's advertising. I compared these to...
I have the real version 2.0, not 2.1 (with the clip). Build/Design: I didn't like the provided tips, used the small Sennheiser tips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976313070 - much...
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread - Page 153
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Edited by jayaudio116 - 9/16/13 at 7:10pm
@a recording dose your pair has a red filter in the large bore or do you even see anything red at all in there? If not then they must be at the very least trying to correct to issue. If you do have red filter then I have a defective pair again...but then idk it did say tested on the gray cap that cover the end part of the wire
I never saw anything red in the bore... though I wasn't really looking. I don't have my pair now anymore but if you watch my review video you should be able to see something if it's there...
How do you find the batch?
Logitech are sending me a new blue vi cable.
I tested my faulty vi cable with my shure se215 and se535 and it cuts out too when fiddling with the plug, so does this mean the cable is definitely at fault?
The stock shure teflon cables are much much better.
Edited by smsmasters - 9/17/13 at 1:21pm
Nickel, not silver. And nickel playing doesn't go bad that quickly... It's something else that's the issue.
Well, I'm experiencing the audio cutting out of my left driver on my 1-week old UE900s despite which cable I use. I've tried re-connecting the ear bud several times, and so far no luck.
Just logged a ticket with Logitech, as I couldn't get through their 646-454-3200 number for some reason.
My 3.5mm jack has 13 (on top) and 27 (on bottom).
I just received my new Westone 4Rs.
1. They seem more solid than the UE900s.
2. They fit better than the UE 900s. I was able to twist the memory plastic, and it maintained the shape. This was one of the most annoying things about the UE900s. I was constantly fiddling with the memory plastic, trying to get it to stay behind my ears. Putting the UE900s in my ears was a chore. The Westones went in with a perfect fit in seconds.
3. I love the sound. I'm no audiophile, so the subtle differences are a bit out of my league. But the sound is in the same league as the UE900s, and that is good enough for me.
4. I prefer the Westone foam eartips to the Comply eartips I had for my UE900s. Not sure how they will hold up over time, but the Complys would fall apart after about 3 weeks. Even if these do the same, these are cheaper. I will also try to make my own from ear stopples, which I used to do with my beloved Triplefis, but couldn't really do with the UE900s, because they would not stay on for some reason.
5. Thank the heavens for the old-school cable connectors! I loved this connector on my Triplefis, and as mentioned above, I suspect all the audio cutout problems in the UE900s (and the various Shures) are because of that worthless new connector.
The only negative I see is that it doesn't have a control mechanism for my iPod, but I can live without that.
I swore off Shure forever after they refused to honor their lifetime warranty on the SE500s (long story). I won't swear off UE/Logitech for the UE900 sin, as they also gave me my much-mourned lost Triplefis, but I will wait to see reviews and experiences before buying another of their products in the future. The way they've handled the UE900 fiasco does not warm my cockles, despite their excellent customer service.
Forgive me for my lack of ability to accurately describe what I'm experiencing (I'm sure I won't use the proper terminology)
I just upgraded from the TF10s to the UE 900. The fit is OK, the sound is detailed and clear, the bass level is totally acceptable, but there's two problems I have with them:
1. The treble sparkle is greatly reduced on the UE 900. I'm a treble junky and really like the detailed, bright sound of Grados, and the triple.fis were fantastic as well (I only upgraded because one of the drivers is dying). These sound far too flat for my tastes, and I end up EQing the treble back in, which works well enough.
2. I don't know what it is, maybe it's that the mids are more prominent, but they sound bloated, loud, to the point where it actually hurts my ears! I can't listen to piano tracks like "Death and All His Friends" or "Atlas" by Coldplay without the piano sounding really booming, not without turning the volume way down, but then I can't hear all the other stuff that I really enjoy. Am I just listening too loud? Will this go away with burn-in?
- Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread
- › Choosing Mid-price In Ears 33 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › [Interest Check] Official Vienna Meet 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 3 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Silver Poison - for JH, UE etc. 4 minutes ago
- › WTS : IFI IDAC mint condition 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-A8 DAC/Amp and other Fostex gear 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PMX60 Headphones by sagar khichi
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by Cobaltius
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones by guidfail
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude