- 110 Posts. Joined 12/2006
- Location: UK
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- UE 700 vs UE 900 Last post on 5/11/13 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- upgrade from Panasonic HJE900 Last post on 12/10/12 at 12:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE Triple.Fi...... what can I get to replace them? Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Logitech Triplefi 10 Vs Logitech UE 900 Last post on 5/8/13 at 7:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Just got U.E TripleFi 10's need help! Last post on 11/30/12 at 7:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
These are my first pair of cans and straight out of the package they look pretty amazing. When I first put them on I thoroughly enjoyed what i heard. Works well for bluesy songs and there is an...
Overview: The Beats Pro is the Beats' top-of-the-line model, with a lofty price tag of $400. However, its price, along with Beats' reputation with being a hated-on brand, hides the fact that...
The full review can be seen http://www.head-fi.org/t/634760/resonessence-labs-concero-discussion-review-thead/630#post_9465130
Reposting my original review from Amazon.com - these headphones are just too good to be left in the dustbin of history - for instance, I just bought a pair of Monoprice MEP-933, listed everywhere...
Somehow, the Ballad of Jed Clampett comes to mind, as I start to write this. You know, the Beverly Hillbillies. He was living his life, struck gold, and everything changed. That's kind of what...
Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread - Page 103
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For those with issues with sound cutting out, I'm now thinking it may be a problem with the cable, and not the drivers itself. Ive owned a pair of UE900 without any issues, but returned them to go with the SE535 ltds. Liked the cables of the UE900 so much that i bought a pair to use with my 535, and for the first time am noticing crackling/sound cutting out from the earpieces if connector is moved. Prior, the 535s never experienced any problems with the stock cable
This is probably the cause of the problem, I wouldn't doubt it. However, this would easily explain the cutting out. However, some people have stated only hearing the crackling at high volumes, not low. I have no clue why (or if it was just a coincidence). Cable can be cleaned pretty quickly.
This was exactly what I thought it was too a few months back. Truth is, we don't know what the cause is, but it's most likely this.
Others have said they do. I have had no chance to test them though (don't have any Shure cables). It's the same connector though.
I just recieived my ue900 cables last night and can confirm that they do work with the shures (so im guessing shure cables will work with ue900s too). Only had a short listen with them, but the UE cables seem to increase the soundstage, but have less bass impact. Havent had time to A/B them yet, so take that with a grain of salt
I tried my Shure iphone cable on my UE900 today and it works fine. Like the UE iphone cable it does reduce the treble a bit but is a very comfy cable as I do find the memory wires more of a pain than beneficial and I like a smooth cable. So for those looking for an iphone alternative the Shure iphone cable is a definite option.
the difference in the iPhone cable to the straight cable is also interesting as it allows me two slightly different signatures. The iPhone cable will be great for those wanting to reduce the treble a bit, making the IEM less fatiguing.
I really hope my pair stands up to time as I don't want to switch away from these. I also think they are more comfortable than the bean shaped shells of most higher end IEM's and they look so darn cool!
Same thing here. The black coating is very easy to scratch.
When I first purchased my UE900's the right earphone would make a "crackling" sound when the cord moved, similar to what others have experienced. I twisted the right earphone 360 degrees back and forth a few times and it fixed the problem, never to return. The black cord that i have used all along is from Batch 1236.
Got mine on friday, and had the same issue.
Actually I didn't know about all those issues until now that i'm reading this thread.
I just removed the shirt clip and the crackling sound disappeared.
Other than that small issue, I'm perfectly in love with them.
I owned triple Fi 10's that I lost before that and can hear the difference.
There's more detail (for example on the scientist by coldplay, you can hear both the piano key and the cord inside the piano being hit), instruments are better separated, voices cleaner (example with Seal you can hear that he's not "pushing" his voice).
I already heard the importance of production/recording quality with my triple fi 10's, but even more with those.
You can hear that a lot of commercial music released those last years is crap and not enough "organic", "realistic".
- Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread
- › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review 15 seconds ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 1 minute ago
- › Favorite FIVE records right now. 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones - WORN!!! - new thread - no nudity 2 minutes ago
- › I have stopped using headphones, switched to Speakers and Sub-woofer. 3 minutes ago
- › NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Speaker Owners 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Balanced Mod 7 minutes ago
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe