- 114 Posts. Joined 12/2006
- Location: UK
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 8/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- UE future? Last post on 7/20/12 at 4:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multiple earbuds for sale. Last post on 1/29/12 at 1:39am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- UE 4 Pro or 1964 Ears Quad (1964-Q), Please help ... A poor noobie tread :( Last post on 8/25/11 at 7:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FT: Sony MDR-EX600 for Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi-10 Last post on 8/8/11 at 3:40pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread - Page 103
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For those with issues with sound cutting out, I'm now thinking it may be a problem with the cable, and not the drivers itself. Ive owned a pair of UE900 without any issues, but returned them to go with the SE535 ltds. Liked the cables of the UE900 so much that i bought a pair to use with my 535, and for the first time am noticing crackling/sound cutting out from the earpieces if connector is moved. Prior, the 535s never experienced any problems with the stock cable
This is probably the cause of the problem, I wouldn't doubt it. However, this would easily explain the cutting out. However, some people have stated only hearing the crackling at high volumes, not low. I have no clue why (or if it was just a coincidence). Cable can be cleaned pretty quickly.
This was exactly what I thought it was too a few months back. Truth is, we don't know what the cause is, but it's most likely this.
Others have said they do. I have had no chance to test them though (don't have any Shure cables). It's the same connector though.
I just recieived my ue900 cables last night and can confirm that they do work with the shures (so im guessing shure cables will work with ue900s too). Only had a short listen with them, but the UE cables seem to increase the soundstage, but have less bass impact. Havent had time to A/B them yet, so take that with a grain of salt
I tried my Shure iphone cable on my UE900 today and it works fine. Like the UE iphone cable it does reduce the treble a bit but is a very comfy cable as I do find the memory wires more of a pain than beneficial and I like a smooth cable. So for those looking for an iphone alternative the Shure iphone cable is a definite option.
the difference in the iPhone cable to the straight cable is also interesting as it allows me two slightly different signatures. The iPhone cable will be great for those wanting to reduce the treble a bit, making the IEM less fatiguing.
I really hope my pair stands up to time as I don't want to switch away from these. I also think they are more comfortable than the bean shaped shells of most higher end IEM's and they look so darn cool!
Same thing here. The black coating is very easy to scratch.
When I first purchased my UE900's the right earphone would make a "crackling" sound when the cord moved, similar to what others have experienced. I twisted the right earphone 360 degrees back and forth a few times and it fixed the problem, never to return. The black cord that i have used all along is from Batch 1236.
Got mine on friday, and had the same issue.
Actually I didn't know about all those issues until now that i'm reading this thread.
I just removed the shirt clip and the crackling sound disappeared.
Other than that small issue, I'm perfectly in love with them.
I owned triple Fi 10's that I lost before that and can hear the difference.
There's more detail (for example on the scientist by coldplay, you can hear both the piano key and the cord inside the piano being hit), instruments are better separated, voices cleaner (example with Seal you can hear that he's not "pushing" his voice).
I already heard the importance of production/recording quality with my triple fi 10's, but even more with those.
You can hear that a lot of commercial music released those last years is crap and not enough "organic", "realistic".
- Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms 27 seconds ago
- › Which Porcupine Tree \ Steven Wilson Album? 1 minute ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800... 1 minute ago
- › HELP! Please... Advice needed. 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] MEElectronics M-DUO: The Treasured IEMs Under $100 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 2 minutes ago
- › Last Mid ohio meet this year Fall meet here we come. (westerville... 2 minutes ago
- › Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi