Both my cables have 1234 as the serial number. Have to say I own many Logitech products that seem to go on forever, this is a shockingly bad experience for me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 8/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- UE future? Last post on 7/20/12 at 4:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multiple earbuds for sale. Last post on 1/29/12 at 1:39am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- UE 4 Pro or 1964 Ears Quad (1964-Q), Please help ... A poor noobie tread :( Last post on 8/25/11 at 7:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FT: Sony MDR-EX600 for Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi-10 Last post on 8/8/11 at 3:40pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/23/13
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread - Page 95
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So glad I bought them off directly from Amazon instead of Logitech:
I called up Logitech first and find out more about the problem.
The first representative wouldn't take responsibility for the order, she said if it's not bought from them, they won't be responsible for it and that I have to deal with my supplier. I was gobsmacked because they clearly state a 2 year warranty on the UE 900 product page!!
Waited 30 minutes and rang again and spoke to a different representative, "Harry" that was much more helpful. At least he made the effort to do some simple troubleshooting with me before giving me my options:
1) Send it back to Logitech, wait 2 weeks for them to determine the problem and get a repair/replacement
2) Contact Amazon which should get it done quicker
I decided to contact Amazon and will be receiving my replacement in 2 days.
Looks like I'm one of the unlucky ones. My UE 900s arrived today and straight out of the box I'm getting audio cut offs when I move the cable on the right earphone.
Tried cleaning the contacts of both the black and blue cables but the problem still persists. I suppose they'll be sent off back to Logitech first thing next week!
Absolutely unbelievable how bad the quality control is for such an expensive item
exactly what happened to mine......It's really sad they are having so many problems
Actually, I was so irritated that I got a pair of UE 6000 and Sennheiser HD 598 cans instead because I already have the triple 10s and LOVE them and I'm not going to waste my time with the 900s till they fix the problem
Edited by tannerbnd - 1/26/13 at 2:22pm
So I've had these for almost a week, decided to change to the black cable and while pulling the housing came apart in two peaces, so quickly and abruptly in fact that the cable connected to the driver tore off completely. To say the least I was shocked and disappointed in the build quality to say the least. Any idea on how nice Logitech / UE are with repairs? Best way to contact? Any help is appreciated.
they should replace them. the same thing happen to me with my first pair
If you can deal with the fit the TF10 is still more than worthy. There are many out there that may prefer TF10 outright due to the fuller, bassier sound. UE900 is very neutral and may not satisfy people that need some energetic bass or bass weight to their listening experience. If I could buy the TF10 with the UE900 housings/ ergonomics I'd prefer it...
Edited by Spyro - 1/26/13 at 4:43pm
It's a shame Logitech is having so many problems regarding the UE 900 because my recently purchased ones sound fantastic (always liked the UE sound signature). I suppose my advice would be to hold off but keep them in mind if you're like me and are a fan of how the UEs tend to sound.
Well, I bought a pair of these at local Apple. I have a subtle static issue in right channel. Possibly a problem with one of the drivers.
Serial number starts "1237" which Logitech tells me was manufactured in September. Apple has another pair with serial number "1241" which Logitech tells me were made in November so should not exhibit the problem.
Can you guys help and check your serial numbers and let me know what 1st 4-digits are and whether you have this issue or not? I swapped out cable and problem persists so I am pretty sure it is not a cable/connector issue. It's a driver issue. Piss me off!
Oh....and they sound phenommenal. I definitely prefer the better clarity and airy sound over the W4 but need to get a good pair in hand. first.
My serial number starts with "1238CL"...
And having issues with the drop outs :(
Giving them one last day to fix themselves before sending them in for repair... sigh....
Damn, It's depressing to hear about all of these issues with the UE900 - I love my TF10's - I was hoping down the road to get a pair of these - I mean quad BA for around $300? Fun UE sound signature? How can you lose? Apparently a number of ways...
I imagine with the technological might of Logitech behind them, UE will get things sorted out - maybe Black Friday 2014 these will be $150.00 - One can dream.
I can actually get these for $150... But even then, reading all these issues you guys have concern me greatly.
I am looking for some new IEMs, after a small fortune spent on on-ear headphones.
Such as shame that guys here are experiencing dodgy copies. I'm thinking if our Aussie stock would have the same quality control issues? I used to own the TF10's too, so these look great when you consider the more ergonomic shape this time.
- Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread
- › Are there any closed headphones that will give me similar sound to... 46 seconds ago
- › ALO Audio Continental V3 Impressions and Appreciation Thread 53 seconds ago
- › WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD 53 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 303 IEMs compared (Noble 4S Added 11/28/13 p.813) 1 minute ago
- › Bluetooth Headphones 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 2 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › Sony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Black by Shini44
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe