Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread - Page 88

post #1306 of 2919
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post


I want to say that the source is going to make a difference. The UE 900 have been known to improve with more resistance.

 

Any experience which one of these would work well with the 900?  Apex Glacier / HRT HeadStreamer Mobile / iBasso D-Zero, these amongst others are known to work with the Galaxy II according to list put together heroically by DanBa.

post #1307 of 2919
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadvan View Post

 

Any experience which one of these would work well with the 900?  Apex Glacier / HRT HeadStreamer Mobile / iBasso D-Zero, these amongst others are known to work with the Galaxy II according to list put together heroically by DanBa.

 

Couldn't tell you unfortunately :(  I run everything out of my iPod Touch 5G (straight :p).  

post #1308 of 2919
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

Couldn't tell you unfortunately :(  I run everything out of my iPod Touch 5G (straight :p).  

 

 

Fair enough, I found my old iPod Classic 80GB essentially unlistenable straight up with the 900 because of the combo’s severe emphasis on bass, even using the ‘Bass reducer’ EQ the whole sonic picture is still muddy and unenjoyable, to me that is.

post #1309 of 2919
I just got the UE 900, can anyone give me a picture of this sound bore?
post #1310 of 2919
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxa View Post

I just got the UE 900, can anyone give me a picture of this sound bore?

There are two bores in the nozzle. One little tiny pinhole-sized one and a large normal-sized one. I'm mobile, so no pics frown.gif
post #1311 of 2919
That tiny hole doesn't seem to go through to the drivers though, I just put a very fine wire gently down there and it's only around 4mm deep before there is resistance.
post #1312 of 2919
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxa View Post

That tiny hole doesn't seem to go through to the drivers though, I just put a very fine wire gently down there and it's only around 4mm deep before there is resistance.

 

It effects the sound drastically though...  Regardless of how deep it is.  There can also be a filter in there as well :p  We don't know ;)  To ensure though, this is the nozzle we're talking about right?  The little pin-hole sized bored on the top of the earbud on the left (I don't think there is any other pinhole bore :p)

 

post #1313 of 2919
Yeah that's the hole I'm looking at, it seems like more of a recess than a bore, it's pretty strange why it would change the sound if no sound is actually coming through it, except as you say the resistance I felt is some forms of filter?
post #1314 of 2919
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxa View Post

Yeah that's the hole I'm looking at, it seems like more of a recess than a bore, it's pretty strange why it would change the sound if no sound is actually coming through it, except as you say the resistance I felt is some forms of filter?

 

LOL, that would be too funny! I also thought about sticking something through. I couldn't find anything small enough, though.

However, the dual bores are explicitly mentioned in their advertisement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfshrJMoG_g

 

This is my thousandth post - and I've been holding it back for a while - I decided to dedicate it to the UE 900. Appreciation! That's all.

post #1315 of 2919
The sound of my 900 changed again. I decided to give them another wk or 2 before returning them but the other day the mids became more forward and everything just sounded cleaner I was also Abel to return the volume to my normal listing levels. I Guss one bore was filling up faster then the other and now both of them are completely fill. The change kinda reminds of when we go threw puberty and have to go threw an ugly phase before appearing more mature
post #1316 of 2919
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayaudio116 View Post

The sound of my 900 changed again. I decided to give them another wk or 2 before returning them but the other day the mids became more forward and everything just sounded cleaner I was also Abel to return the volume to my normal listing levels. I Guss one bore was filling up faster then the other and now both of them are completely fill. The change kinda reminds of when we go threw puberty and have to go threw an ugly phase before appearing more mature

 

That's good to hear :)  And yes, it is unfortunate that it is possible for them to "break in" at different rates as your right ear isn't as clean as your left; and by chance, it's unlikely they'll both fill at the same time :p  Do remember to keep the large bore clean.  It'll hinder the highs if you don't :p  I wish UE included a cleaning tool with these.  

post #1317 of 2919
They do change in a good way over time, enjoying them more everyday, just hope to get better seal.
post #1318 of 2919
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadvan View Post

They do change in a good way over time, enjoying them more everyday, just hope to get better seal.

 

Can't help you with the better seal :p  Comply tips tend to help this, but can also have effects of their own.  I'm still using stock UE XS tips :p  As for the "break in", it depends on what you say is good.  The main cause here would be the pinhole bore getting filled.  They change over time; the cost is bass presence.  Tradeoff is for better midrange and high end perception.  

post #1319 of 2919

Has anyone changed the stock cable to a better one? I'm thinking of replacing my stock cable as the memory wire is really annoying me. Doesn't sit well behind my ear at all. Saw some cables with copper/silver/gold. Is it advisable to change it?

post #1320 of 2919
Quote:
Originally Posted by darenk View Post

Has anyone changed the stock cable to a better one? I'm thinking of replacing my stock cable as the memory wire is really annoying me. Doesn't sit well behind my ear at all. Saw some cables with copper/silver/gold. Is it advisable to change it?

 

I'm in the same shoes, the memory wires are not that 'memorable'. YMMV.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread