Thanks, but I guess my idea is to have all the information together so people don't have to go back and forth between the posts. It is giving me a headache just trying to remember what is what...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- UE 700 vs UE 900 Last post on 5/11/13 at 8:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- upgrade from Panasonic HJE900 Last post on 12/10/12 at 12:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE Triple.Fi...... what can I get to replace them? Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Logitech Triplefi 10 Vs Logitech UE 900 Last post on 5/8/13 at 7:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Just got U.E TripleFi 10's need help! Last post on 11/30/12 at 7:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Upon initial listening with these buds, I was rather unimpressed as I heard the rather familiar bloated mid-bass, sharp highs, and lack of mids that SKDY's old line carried. Then I realized that...
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread - Page 80
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Numbers are difficult to remember, texts are not.
I think it's best to read reviews and impressions. If you've found an author which you think you can understand, his impressions should matter to you. No other comparisons should have any validity.
Good to know, but I think it is time to compile all the comparisons together into one table. Anyone up for the challenge? I think the list should include at least the following IEMs:
I don't think it needs to be too complated, just some overall options on how the IEMs compare to the UE900 will do.
I did a comparison with the PFE, 4.Ai, and W4. Link is in the OP. I'm mobile right now.
I actually don't want to comment because I think the SE535 is very over-hyped. I didn't like it at all.
However, I have mentioned the German Fischer Amps FA-3E quite a few times and everybody who has heard both, FA and Shure, agrees that the FA-3E is a much better SE535 (regarding technicality and tuning).
I did a close comparison of FA-3E with the UE900 (as did others) in a German forum and the UE900 still won.
I wanted to read that in English.. Google translate didnt help much
They can help keep your IEM in place. That's about it though :p There might be some other uses. I know Aurisonics suggests using them to stablize the IEM in your ear and allow a more comfortable fit (helps a bit for smaller ears since the Aurisonics housing is large).
Nice, can't wait to see impressions :p
I don't know if there is anyone who's heard both yet. If there is, I'm sure they'll tune in soon :)
How do you wrap your U.E 900, I want to take care of them to my best ability. The small box that comes with it, do you put it in there? Could you show me a pic of how you wrap and put your U.E 900 away?
I have compared all of the above except for the W3 (which's tonality is regarded as total crap so I never even considered it) and I have shared my impressions here and there, but mostly in a German forum.
W4 and PFE kinda jump out of the pool as "special". One being very soft and relaxing, the other being an aggressive V-shape.
The rest is relatively comparable. My conclusion is that subjectivity will determine anyone's favorite. At this level I think the performance is very good with each and personal preference will decide. I don't see the use of a comparison table.
Maybe my hearing is also not as good as I think.
I own the W4,W3 and use to own the GR10. I think the best of the three for rock, metal, and electronic is the Westone 3. Not because it´s the best sounding of the three, It´s because it´s the most "fun" earphone. You should try them sometime.
I got my UE 900 a month ago and after a while the part where wire connects with the left driver became stiff and I experienced a bit sound loss. I didn't think it was a big deal and just thought it was a part of the design flaw of the rotating wire and connector. So I gave it a couple spins and then it's all back to normal. Weird.
But recently the wire became harder and harder to spin and now it's completely jammed--meaning I cannot rotate the left side at all, it's just stuck in place--whereas the right side I can keep spinning like normal no problem.
So I tried to remove the wire on the left side to the connector... and I didn't really give it that much force but the casing came apart:mad:. Thankful it was just the casing I could put it back. I hope I didn't do any permanent damage? I think I have to find something to glue the casing tight again
Anyhow does anyone have any advice on how to remove the wire on the left side connected to the headphone? I might find a shop and have someone do it if I cant get it on my own
hey im new here but i been looking for a while. i also have the ue 900 and 2 days before thanksgiving my housing on my ue 900 also came apart when i was removing the comply foam tip, which was giving me a hard time to remove. i called logitech and the y replaced it so you should be coverd under warrenty but i do wonder if this will be a common problem with the ue 900. i also had them for about a month before they fell apart.
- Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 seconds ago
- › Headphones for the office 23 seconds ago
- › Gundam Model-Fi (Gunpla) (Post Some Pictures!) 56 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X3 Thread. Full review:... 1 minute ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › A Concise View of Why The ATH-M50 is No Longer King 2 minutes ago
- › why don't the akg k271 get more love? 2 minutes ago
- › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like... 2 minutes ago
- › Skullcandy S2SYDA-008 Merge Earbud Headphones - Black/Chrome by KodaO
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe