Thanks, but I guess my idea is to have all the information together so people don't have to go back and forth between the posts. It is giving me a headache just trying to remember what is what...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 8/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- UE future? Last post on 7/20/12 at 4:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multiple earbuds for sale. Last post on 1/29/12 at 1:39am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- UE 4 Pro or 1964 Ears Quad (1964-Q), Please help ... A poor noobie tread :( Last post on 8/25/11 at 7:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FT: Sony MDR-EX600 for Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi-10 Last post on 8/8/11 at 3:40pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
I would like to acknowledge that I'm actually reviewing T51i model of these headphones - identical to T51p with addition of in-line remote/mic. I received these for review purpose from...
Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread - Page 80
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Numbers are difficult to remember, texts are not.
I think it's best to read reviews and impressions. If you've found an author which you think you can understand, his impressions should matter to you. No other comparisons should have any validity.
Good to know, but I think it is time to compile all the comparisons together into one table. Anyone up for the challenge? I think the list should include at least the following IEMs:
I don't think it needs to be too complated, just some overall options on how the IEMs compare to the UE900 will do.
I did a comparison with the PFE, 4.Ai, and W4. Link is in the OP. I'm mobile right now.
I actually don't want to comment because I think the SE535 is very over-hyped. I didn't like it at all.
However, I have mentioned the German Fischer Amps FA-3E quite a few times and everybody who has heard both, FA and Shure, agrees that the FA-3E is a much better SE535 (regarding technicality and tuning).
I did a close comparison of FA-3E with the UE900 (as did others) in a German forum and the UE900 still won.
I wanted to read that in English.. Google translate didnt help much
They can help keep your IEM in place. That's about it though :p There might be some other uses. I know Aurisonics suggests using them to stablize the IEM in your ear and allow a more comfortable fit (helps a bit for smaller ears since the Aurisonics housing is large).
Nice, can't wait to see impressions :p
I don't know if there is anyone who's heard both yet. If there is, I'm sure they'll tune in soon :)
How do you wrap your U.E 900, I want to take care of them to my best ability. The small box that comes with it, do you put it in there? Could you show me a pic of how you wrap and put your U.E 900 away?
I have compared all of the above except for the W3 (which's tonality is regarded as total crap so I never even considered it) and I have shared my impressions here and there, but mostly in a German forum.
W4 and PFE kinda jump out of the pool as "special". One being very soft and relaxing, the other being an aggressive V-shape.
The rest is relatively comparable. My conclusion is that subjectivity will determine anyone's favorite. At this level I think the performance is very good with each and personal preference will decide. I don't see the use of a comparison table.
Maybe my hearing is also not as good as I think.
I own the W4,W3 and use to own the GR10. I think the best of the three for rock, metal, and electronic is the Westone 3. Not because it´s the best sounding of the three, It´s because it´s the most "fun" earphone. You should try them sometime.
I got my UE 900 a month ago and after a while the part where wire connects with the left driver became stiff and I experienced a bit sound loss. I didn't think it was a big deal and just thought it was a part of the design flaw of the rotating wire and connector. So I gave it a couple spins and then it's all back to normal. Weird.
But recently the wire became harder and harder to spin and now it's completely jammed--meaning I cannot rotate the left side at all, it's just stuck in place--whereas the right side I can keep spinning like normal no problem.
So I tried to remove the wire on the left side to the connector... and I didn't really give it that much force but the casing came apart:mad:. Thankful it was just the casing I could put it back. I hope I didn't do any permanent damage? I think I have to find something to glue the casing tight again
Anyhow does anyone have any advice on how to remove the wire on the left side connected to the headphone? I might find a shop and have someone do it if I cant get it on my own
hey im new here but i been looking for a while. i also have the ue 900 and 2 days before thanksgiving my housing on my ue 900 also came apart when i was removing the comply foam tip, which was giving me a hard time to remove. i called logitech and the y replaced it so you should be coverd under warrenty but i do wonder if this will be a common problem with the ue 900. i also had them for about a month before they fell apart.
- Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread
- › Philips Golden Ears challenge 14 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMan HE-560 Review 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 3 minutes ago
- › NuForce Icon DAC with Android/DSD support now release! 4 minutes ago
- › Want To Know Your Opinion About Getting 1000 $ IEM. 4 minutes ago
- › Recommending Hifiman HE-400 or Philips X1 4 minutes ago
- › A headfi movie script I wrote in the HE500 thread a long time ago,... 4 minutes ago
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob