SO confused, which one will give you more detail presentation with nice balanced across the most genre:W4, CMK1000 or UE900? Thanks, so lost!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 8/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- UE future? Last post on 7/20/12 at 4:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multiple earbuds for sale. Last post on 1/29/12 at 1:39am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- UE 4 Pro or 1964 Ears Quad (1964-Q), Please help ... A poor noobie tread :( Last post on 8/25/11 at 7:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FT: Sony MDR-EX600 for Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi-10 Last post on 8/8/11 at 3:40pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread - Page 78
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Can't comment on the CMK1k, but I can do W4 and UE900. I'd have to say that the W4s are a little better than the UE900s with detailing.
I found the UE900 brand new for 349 AUD, but i rather save up and by the W4 than to compromise on the SQ.
Where about in Australia is that price ?
Dick Smith 30% sale this w/e only oz-side ppl !
They got stock but at one of their shop all the way in Penrth!
From what i remember SM3 has a bigger bass, UE900 has a better tonal balance and coherence from top to bottom
I'm hearing a lot about this tiny bass hole bore. I still have a few days to return mine, so what's the best way to temporarily block the hole to see how they sound? If it's tape, what kind? I'm not so sure I want to lose even 1db of bass. The reason I got UE900 was I thought they would beat out the W4's and the Heir 4.ai for my tastes. I thought the soundstage would be wider then the other two and have an overall less aggressive sound than the Heirs. I read a review saying that the UE's were slightly V shaped but not aggressively so. All of which seemed to ring true for me. I like the Phonak PFE-232's a lot, but they were just way too V shaped for me and aggressive with the treble. They did bass perfectly though. So if the bass goes on the UE's . . . What I'd really like is the UE900 sound with Phonak bass. Or maybe W4's with Phonak bass.
I don't think there's another IEM with similar bass like PFE 232.
The UE900 are aggressive, but the Heir sound harsher. The UE900 play directly into your face, but their upper mids/highs are so well done that it never sounds lacking or harsh. This is where they outperform the 4.Ai, IMO... and also flatter bass, so actually all-around more cohesive (YMMV). No idea where you get the v-shape from because if anything, most people are claiming the Logitech is warm.
Bass quantity will become noticeably less.
For your preference, I think you should consider an EQ. I also know somebody who loves his PFE but he uses the FiiO E17 with -2 dB on both ends. Not a dramatic change, but I agree that it sounds better that way.
- Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Beresford Bushmaster TC-7530 and Bushmaster MKII TC-7533 Comparison... 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400's FS/FT *Shipped and Paypal'd* 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude