SO confused, which one will give you more detail presentation with nice balanced across the most genre:W4, CMK1000 or UE900? Thanks, so lost!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 8/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- UE future? Last post on 7/20/12 at 4:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multiple earbuds for sale. Last post on 1/29/12 at 1:39am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- UE 4 Pro or 1964 Ears Quad (1964-Q), Please help ... A poor noobie tread :( Last post on 8/25/11 at 7:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FT: Sony MDR-EX600 for Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi-10 Last post on 8/8/11 at 3:40pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread - Page 78
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Can't comment on the CMK1k, but I can do W4 and UE900. I'd have to say that the W4s are a little better than the UE900s with detailing.
I found the UE900 brand new for 349 AUD, but i rather save up and by the W4 than to compromise on the SQ.
Where about in Australia is that price ?
Dick Smith 30% sale this w/e only oz-side ppl !
They got stock but at one of their shop all the way in Penrth!
From what i remember SM3 has a bigger bass, UE900 has a better tonal balance and coherence from top to bottom
I'm hearing a lot about this tiny bass hole bore. I still have a few days to return mine, so what's the best way to temporarily block the hole to see how they sound? If it's tape, what kind? I'm not so sure I want to lose even 1db of bass. The reason I got UE900 was I thought they would beat out the W4's and the Heir 4.ai for my tastes. I thought the soundstage would be wider then the other two and have an overall less aggressive sound than the Heirs. I read a review saying that the UE's were slightly V shaped but not aggressively so. All of which seemed to ring true for me. I like the Phonak PFE-232's a lot, but they were just way too V shaped for me and aggressive with the treble. They did bass perfectly though. So if the bass goes on the UE's . . . What I'd really like is the UE900 sound with Phonak bass. Or maybe W4's with Phonak bass.
I don't think there's another IEM with similar bass like PFE 232.
The UE900 are aggressive, but the Heir sound harsher. The UE900 play directly into your face, but their upper mids/highs are so well done that it never sounds lacking or harsh. This is where they outperform the 4.Ai, IMO... and also flatter bass, so actually all-around more cohesive (YMMV). No idea where you get the v-shape from because if anything, most people are claiming the Logitech is warm.
Bass quantity will become noticeably less.
For your preference, I think you should consider an EQ. I also know somebody who loves his PFE but he uses the FiiO E17 with -2 dB on both ends. Not a dramatic change, but I agree that it sounds better that way.
- Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 21 seconds ago
- › $2.50 CD player sounds better than my iPod. 28 seconds ago
- › Dutch Headphone Meet 2014 (Germans & Belgians welcome!) 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › What headphones are the best? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added... 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Is anyone wearing the Sony XBA-H2? 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob